Lifetime brake warranty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifetime brake warranty?

I recently saw at my local Mr Tire (where I get all my flats fixed... they rock) that they have a lifetime brake deal going on. Much like Firestone's lifetime alignment... brakes are free for as long as you own the car.

However, it's just the pads or shoes, for $109 per axle (so $218 if I want to get front and rear covered). Discs, drums, and labor are extra. Even though the last set of pads that I bought for my Fit (the only ones Advance Auto could order) were $65, having to pay for the labor to have the brakes done would probably make it not worth it.

Does anyone offer such a service that covers labor as well? Probably not, but I figured I'd ask anyway!

I kill a set of pads in about 6 months, so a lifetime warranty would come in handy!

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    I recently saw at my local Mr Tire (where I get all my flats fixed... they rock) that they have a lifetime brake deal going on. Much like Firestone's lifetime alignment... brakes are free for as long as you own the car.

However, it's just the pads or shoes, for $109 per axle (so $218 if I want to get front and rear covered). Discs, drums, and labor are extra. Even though the last set of pads that I bought for my Fit (the only ones Advance Auto could order) were $65, having to pay for the labor to have the brakes done would probably make it not worth it.

Does anyone offer such a service that covers labor as well? Probably not, but I figured I'd ask anyway!

I kill a set of pads in about 6 months, so a lifetime warranty would come in handy!
    You should get that mogi or us fidelis car HMO like plan.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

I bet they are hoping to find other things wrong with your car and get people to pay more. They lose money on the brake change but they get alot of business which drawls in extra work. I would get it if i were you.

Comment

My BF has worked (and Managed) in several franchise auto shops. I showed him your post, and he says, "No, no one covers labor."

Unless you need machining, I would do it yourself.

If its a rear disk $179-199 per axle, drums $89-129. Rough estimate, Labor cost only. (per BF)

And you would have to spend the labor cost next time- with the same co.- in order for the pad warranty to remain valid.
        Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

ugh... yeah, that would be no good for me, then. I'll pay the $65 for pads, $15 per rotor for machining, and spend the hour or so it takes to change it all myself!

Comment

autozone I think has lifetime pads & rotors

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
              I'll have to check that. I have one that's walking distance (half a mile or so)

Pads AND rotors would be worth it for me. I've warped these rotors already... that's what I get for doing a halfassed sandpaper scuffing when I changed the pads! I also forgot to replace a little spring that goes in the pads (it pulls them away from the rotor... I've never seen anything liek it) on the driver's side.

Comment

I'll tell ya, $65 is a LOT for pads!

Yeah, do it yourself.

BF got out of the car business because its shady like that. Perfect example too- selling "lifetime warranties" on parts- then you have to spend out the wazoo for their labor to maintain said warranty.

Especially being a woman, you would not believe the lines they have tried to feed me-procedures and packages for "peace of mind". ha ha.
                Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

autozone has lifetime pads get the duralast cmax.

as for rotors i believe its only a year warranty.

i have the cmax for my accord.
                  Beast: Evo X
                  Daily: 93 Accord LX Wagon

Comment

Yes they do. have not paid for brake pads for about 7 years now lol... what funny is every CB I get I change the brakes with my life time warranty from one CB when the other CB's have brakes that I don't know were they even came from lmao.

same goes for my tie rods, and upper control arms, lower ball joints.

the only thing they don't offer life time warranty is on rotors (2 years ) but what I do is get one set then my old ones 6 months later I bring them back in for new ones and keep them as extras

labor for brakes and rotors (all 4) cost me $100 (I change rotors and brakes at the same time)

brakes : $49 (for the good ones)

$25 for the cheap ones (hey lifetime warranty)

uppper control arms go for $100 ( again life tim warranty ) better than $70 with 1 year warranty)

I love auto zone and will never go no were else

Deev im shocked that you didn't know about this. if you need more help just let me know ( can give you warranty on some of my parts ) (Deev Only)

Links to my rides :
                    1992 Accord EX*
                    1990 Accord EX
                    1991 Accord SE (4th)
                    1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                    1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                    1991 Accord SE

Comment

lol they dont say anything about the duralast logo being missing from pads? ^^^

btw dont forget to get brake lube for the sliding pins & pad backings

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

lol they dont say anything about the duralast logo being missing from pads? ^^^

btw dont forget to get brake lube for the sliding pins & pad backings
                        well you would think that would be the case but every time I change them I put the duralast logo from the new pads on to the old ones (I buy them first then get my money back when I return them)

or I paint them them red and say im ricey like that

Links to my rides :
                        1992 Accord EX*
                        1990 Accord EX
                        1991 Accord SE (4th)
                        1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                        1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                        1991 Accord SE

Comment

AutoZone = FTL

I like to go to O'Reilly Auto. They too have lifetime warranty pads available, only without the less than knowledgeable staff who will deem your warranty void because they think you abused your car or installed it improperly.
                          Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
                            AutoZone = FTL

I like to go to O'Reilly Auto. They too have lifetime warranty pads available, only without the less than knowledgeable staff who will deem your warranty void because they think you abused your car or installed it improperly.
                            Never had big issues with them.

Links to my rides :
                            1992 Accord EX*
                            1990 Accord EX
                            1991 Accord SE (4th)
                            1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                            1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                            1991 Accord SE

Comment

Originally posted by Hondateck2010 View Post
                              well you would think that would be the case but every time I change them I put the duralast logo from the new pads on to the old ones (I buy them first then get my money back when I return them)

or I paint them them red and say im ricey like that
                              hmmm gunna try that

Comment

Working...
                              X