How much can I get for my CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much can I get for my CB7

Thinking of selling the Accord...not 100% sure but reeeeeally thinking about it. Going to buy a DSM if I do. Yes, another DSM. This one is fucking sick.....but not gonna get into that.

My car has 185k on the clock, automatic, new front tires...paint is pristine, few small dings here and there as to be expected. Runs and drives like new...interior is like a 8.5/10. How much can I reasonably ask for it?
    VIP Status.

Depends on how much they go for in your area. Around here... $2500 tops, most likely.

Comment

My area $500-$1000

Comment

yup eally depends on the area where i stay u cant get ask for more than $2500 but it would have to b in pristine condition, remember our cars are 17-20 years old
        1992 Honda Accord Lx
        [/I][/I][/I]

Comment

I think I am going to ask $3000 and negotiate down to $2500. Honestly, I have seen some with over 220k miles at dealerships for $5000....THAT IS NUTS even though its a dealership, STILL WTF
          VIP Status.

Comment

Dealerships ALWAYS overcharge! People buy them there, too... assuming they're better than one sold by a private seller. Some are, but they're still 20 year old cars regardless!

But yeah, always start higher than you're expecting to take... because nobody is going to pay your asking price. Put it at $500, and someone will want it for $400... that's just how things work! (good thing we're not in India... haggling over prices is even worse there!)

Comment

Yes, I agree that they always overcharge....my point being, if people go after ridiculous shit like that, I shouldnt have a problem squeezing at least $2500 out.
              VIP Status.

Comment

If the body is nice, and it runs well... I would think $2500 is reasonable.

Comment

In texas cb7 goes for 3,500 or 3,000 if the body clean

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

Most CBs in SC go for $1500 if they look ok. There are some people who think they are sitting on a gold mine and ask $3900 and they are posted up on Craigs for months at a time until I finally have to tell them nobody is going to pay that much for their car. But me, I can get a decent CB for $500 that may need a little bit of work.

Comment

i got my 94 accord for 2200...

Comment

This:

VIP Status.

Comment

Really the only way to find out if your asking a fair price is to go on craigslist and kijiji and see what others are asking for similar cars.....people dont like to see high prices from private sellers for cars like ours....with dealerships its kinda expected but when people see them from private people it seems like it scares potential buyers way.

In my area that car could get up to 3500.....its rust free....looks to be well maintained and it runs....rust free cars alone here seem to start at 3000....but I doubt they do around you.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Honestly, that car where I'm at could be reasonably sold for 3k. However, that's to us accord enthusiasts. We see more than a normal buyer does.

We see that the bumpers line up. We see there's no quarter rust. We see that at 20 years old the headlights are clean. We see a lot more than the average buyer. I hate to break it to ya bud, but if I was selling it, I wouldn't expect more than 1500, SOLELY because no one sees what we see. I'm really at the point now where I don't like 95% of cb7's I see, but that is nice as fuck. Unmolested, WELL taken care of. That's a diamond bro, good luck selling it. I'm not sure I would, just because I know I would never find another in such great condition.
                            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                            Disregard females, acquire currency
                            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Yea, I hear you. I listed it at 3200 expecting 25-28. It is a real nice car...absolutely zero rust. Even in this shitty rainy state. Even the underbody is rust free. Well I say that....the muffler has a crack in it so that is a little rusty. But for being 18 years old, I would expect the muffler to be cracked lol.

It is a very reliable car...doesnt get beat on, gets great gas mileage....yadda yadda. If anyone on the board wants it, $2500 its yours. Otherwise I am just talking to the CU tomorrow and see if they can give me another loan for this DSM I want. And if not, fuck it...will just stick with the cars I have.
                              VIP Status.

Comment

Working...
                              X