wire tuck=no cutting???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wire tuck=no cutting???

is there a way we can wire tuck our cars without cutting the wires?
    我愛我的本田

impossible because tucking is cutting, extending and hiding the wires so i dont see how that can be done
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

the way i did my wire tuck doesnt ivolve cutting the main harness at all i just went to the junk yard and cut the male and female ends off the engine harrness and cutt and extended that and that was plug and play

im about to put a DIY up on how to do this soon im just really lazy
      Out of a job yet? Keep encouraging people to buy American. 500 of the biggest, most profitable American companies make more than half of their profits overseas! You Jackass!

Comment

Originally posted by musteredonme View Post
        the way i did my wire tuck doesnt ivolve cutting the main harness at all i just went to the junk yard and cut the male and female ends off the engine harrness and cutt and extended that and that was plug and play

im about to put a DIY up on how to do this soon im just really lazy
        so the way you did it didnt include any cutting?

but then you cut and extended the wires?

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

I just extended the wires the headlights, horn, corner lights, fans, a/c switch, bumper lights i will take a few pic so you can see it

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
            so the way you did it didnt include any cutting?

but then you cut and extended the wires?
            he didnt cut n extend the original wires but made an extension out of cutting the wires from the junkyard??? lol

a wire tuck involves all this.....if u dnt wanna do it then dont tuck the wires lol

.My Ride.

Comment

x2

There is no way to do a clean wire tuck without cutting, lengthening and soldering/crimping wires.

If you don't want to do any cutting you could send you stuff to ChaseBaysOnline.

F series motors, starting at;
              - $499 w/ a core engine harness
              - $615 w/ no core.
              Last edited by GhostAccord; 03-23-2010, 11:24 PM.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                x2

If you don't want to do any cutting you could send you stuff to ChaseBaysOnline.

F series motors, starting at;
                - $499 w/ a core engine harness
                - $615 w/ no core.
                or build your own mil-spec haness for half chas bays price

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                member ride thread
                11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by cb7 dohc View Post
                  I just extended the wires the headlights, horn, corner lights, fans, a/c switch, bumper lights i will take a few pic so you can see it
                  all of my wires that you mentioned above arent extended. something aint right

Comment

Re-route the wires however you see fit. You'll need to deloom and untwist them. Whichever won't reach after that you need to extend. It's easy. Solder, electrical tape, and heat shrink and you're good. I haven't finished mine yet or even really got really into it but you'll have to extend some wires. Have you ever messed with car stereo or anyting elctrical much?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                      Re-route the wires however you see fit. You'll need to deloom and untwist them. Whichever won't reach after that you need to extend. It's easy. Solder, electrical tape, and heat shrink and you're good. I haven't finished mine yet or even really got really into it but you'll have to extend some wires. Have you ever messed with car stereo or anything electrical much?
                      It is a wee bit more complex than a car stereo, but I guess that is a start.

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                      or build your own mil-spec haness for half chas bays price
                      Yeah but the OP said no cutting...lol

I haven't even got to the cut + mil-spec + lengthen part yet. I just finished tearing the loom apart and labeling everything.
                      Last edited by GhostAccord; 04-22-2010, 01:37 AM.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Im working on mine but im a cutter. I have skills to to do the wiring and welding skills to shave the bay so im not scared of doing it at all. Good idea about going to the junk yard though, U just bought a harness from a friend for $40 so I have all the plugs and wires needed at hand.

How hard do you have to squeeze a baby to make baby oil?
                        H23 motor-H22 trans
                        Advance Auto Parts Retail Parts

Comment

i didnt cut much of anything... i did cut and extend a handful of wires but its not as scary as it may seem.....

my bay is completely tucked btw

"Tucking tires and wires."
                          The Chronicles.

Comment

what that one member meant was not cutting into the actual harness and just making pig tail extensions out of other connectors. the only thing i see with that is possible resistance buildup through multiple connectors. see how much dirt gets in the fenderwell?
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

When I did mine I didn't cut any wire or add extention pigtails, since I have hids I didn't need to extend the headlight wires

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                              1992 Accord EX Coupe
                              My FS Thread
                              Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Working...
                              X