thinking about selling my cb's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thinking about selling my cb's

this weekend was nice so i pushed my mustang out of the backyard and realized what a loser i am. car was fully restored and i let it sit out in the elements and its just totally fucked. i bought this mustang from my uncle who passed away and he is the reason i work on cars today. i can just see him looking down on me ashamed of me, i never finish anything i start. i have too many cars and bikes and i cant seem to focus on one thing. in the end nothing gets done. i just feel like selling everything and just have one car. idk what to do, i have no help. 3 of my friends are painters and not one of them will help me even with me paying them, like my money isnt green enough. and i cant afford to take them to a real bodyshop so. i guess i just need to vent and figure out what to do, sorry if i wasted anybodys time. i know this sounds stupid but i just feel helpless.

Ur gonna make a ton more $$$ parting out....

Might as well do it

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Keep the CB9 as a DD, sell the others.
      Restore your uncle's Mustang.
      Have fun.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I know what you mean man, I have 4 vehicles right now, I can't part with 3, I like them too much. My Civic beater was in an accident and I want to turn it into a rally car for SCCA RallyX, but I have just too many projects. Plus a kid I work with is dying to buy the Civic from me, so I really think I'm just gonna get rid of it and all the Civic stuff I have and concentrate on everything else. My Malibu has been in pieces for a year and half now and it pisses me off that its not on the road.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
          I know what you mean man, I have 4 vehicles right now, I can't part with 3, I like them too much. My Civic beater was in an accident and I want to turn it into a rally car for SCCA RallyX, but I have just too many projects. Plus a kid I work with is dying to buy the Civic from me, so I really think I'm just gonna get rid of it and all the Civic stuff I have and concentrate on everything else. My Malibu has been in pieces for a year and half now and it pisses me off that its not on the road.

yea man but its easier said than done

its extremely hard for me to part with things

i know for a fact that i can get rid of 3 cars that im not that attached to and maybe 1 of the bikes but they need work before i can even sell them so

Comment

Yeah, I know it's not easy now but I think you'll be very happy when your Mustang is completely restored. This is the motivation that so many people ignore. I saw your sig and though the CB9 was amazing, and if it runs well keep THAT car as your daily driver. I'm not sure what other cars you have but I would also just ask your friends out right why they won't help you out. If it's because their afraid that you'll see their work and think it's crap and then you'll want it redone, you'll have to work with them. Whatever the reason just keep going with what you believe is the right way to take care of things.
            Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

I'll most likely be selling my CB soon as well man. I feel ya.

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                Keep the CB9 as a DD, sell the others.
                Restore your uncle's Mustang.
                Have fun.
                X2 on this idea. Do not sell that CB9. The others can go.
                R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

thats what im doing right now which is minimizing the amount of shit i have. hopefully the 5 cars will turn into one truck and one project which will be the corrado.

love accords but there's other cars out there that need loving too.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Get rid of everything except for one CB, and that mustang. Daily the CB, restore the mustang and make your uncle proud.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
                      Yeah, I know it's not easy now but I think you'll be very happy when your Mustang is completely restored. This is the motivation that so many people ignore. I saw your sig and though the CB9 was amazing, and if it runs well keep THAT car as your daily driver. I'm not sure what other cars you have but I would also just ask your friends out right why they won't help you out. If it's because their afraid that you'll see their work and think it's crap and then you'll want it redone, you'll have to work with them. Whatever the reason just keep going with what you believe is the right way to take care of things.
                      yea thats true and thanks. and as for my friends its not that they do poor work, they all are great at what they do. they just wont help me, and i havent wanted to confront my one friend about it because he lives with me so i dont want to make things awkward. as for the other 2 i know its a little harder for them to do side jobs at work so thats why i havent bothered making a big deal about it.

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                      X2 on this idea. Do not sell that CB9. The others can go.
                      to be honest the cb9 has the least sentimental value to me, i mean i love it dont get me wrong its just that most of the other cars have a story to them. its so hard for me to part with any one of them, or anything really. i seem to be a hoarder.

Originally posted by npor View Post
                      Get rid of everything except for one CB, and that mustang. Daily the CB, restore the mustang and make your uncle proud.
                      not as easy as it sounds for me, i started with toyotas not hondas and i have 3 toyota wagons right now. one i doubt that i can part with. i will definitely be getting rid of some and prioritizing. the mustang will be done i just have to figure out how.

thanks you guys, i do feel a little better now

and its a 66 factory v8 convertible if anyone was wondering

Comment

Originally posted by cb7dazz View Post
                        this weekend was nice so i pushed my mustang out of the backyard and realized what a loser i am. car was fully restored and i let it sit out in the elements and its just totally fucked. i bought this mustang from my uncle who passed away and he is the reason i work on cars today. i can just see him looking down on me ashamed of me, i never finish anything i start. i have too many cars and bikes and i cant seem to focus on one thing. in the end nothing gets done. i just feel like selling everything and just have one car. idk what to do, i have no help. 3 of my friends are painters and not one of them will help me even with me paying them, like my money isnt green enough. and i cant afford to take them to a real bodyshop so. i guess i just need to vent and figure out what to do, sorry if i wasted anybodys time. i know this sounds stupid but i just feel helpless.
                        If u lived a lil closer to ct, I would definitly give u a hand on restoring that mustang of urs. If i'm ever in that area tho i'll give ya heads up.

Comment

thanks bro

yea i think more than anything i just need someone to motivate me, lol

Comment

I'm the same way... I have 3 cars. I need the Fit for work. I love the CB (it's a part of me, and I'm far too sentimental to let it go), and I've been stubbornly hanging onto my 86... That will most likely go, though. Gonna drop my new engine and trans into it, get it running properly, then sell it to my best friend, who always wanted one... He says he'll make it look nice, as long as I've taken care of all the mechanical stuff.

Of course, then I'm getting a CTS-V, most likely

I love both of your CBs. I'd hate to see you get rid of either of them... both would really suck! Still, I know what you mean... and you DO have a ton of cars!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              I'm the same way... I have 3 cars. I need the Fit for work. I love the CB (it's a part of me, and I'm far too sentimental to let it go), and I've been stubbornly hanging onto my 86... That will most likely go, though. Gonna drop my new engine and trans into it, get it running properly, then sell it to my best friend, who always wanted one... He says he'll make it look nice, as long as I've taken care of all the mechanical stuff.

Of course, then I'm getting a CTS-V, most likely

I love both of your CBs. I'd hate to see you get rid of either of them... both would really suck! Still, I know what you mean... and you DO have a ton of cars!

i think thats my problem also, im far too sentimental. that would be cool tho if i could sell one of my rides to a friend that way i could at least see it and know its doing well, lol. and as for cb big deev i have 4 not just the 2

cts-v =

Comment

Working...
                              X