Wow what a f***ing day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow what a f***ing day

Went down to greenville Nc yesterday for the Go-expo carshow and stereo comp,got 1st place in accord class and 3rd in 0-600wt stereo class(140.6 0n termlab). But on the way home after the show around 9:30 last night I hit a monster pothole on the highway running about 65,10-12" deep pothole vs 215-35-18s, pot hole won.To make matters worse since it was close to home I didnt bring my spare like i usually do when traveling to shows.After getting turned down by atleast 6 diffrerent tow companies because "I am a lowered custom car" I afinally got a roll back to get me at 3am(because of time change) I finally got home at 5:30 this morning.Keep in mind its only an hour and 1/2 trip normally,plus cost me $330

here is how day started

the competiton

the aftermath,front clip busted plus had to take it and rear off just to get on rollback

Last edited by doughboy415; 03-14-2010, 07:23 PM.
    BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Damn that sucks. At least the rim isn't bent (didn't look like it) Towing a lowered car always sucks

psn: KoRn_LuVr

Comment

It's one of the evils of having a lowered car. I hit a pot hole in St. Louis last night that would have made you SWEAR that the 91 Toyota Camry was invincible. I could only imagine a pot hole riding on those tires.
      Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

File a claim with the proper transportation authority for that highway, you might just get all your money back.

My swap thread
        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Man... yeah, I smacked a pothole today. I haven't checked to see if any damage was done, but the tire is holding air at least. I beat the piss out of my rims, though... they're on my work car. I don't expect them to stay nice! I couldn't have a show car like yours... I'd destroy it in 6 months.

Comment

Sorry to hear man.

I also have 8-10" deep ruts in mud to worry about

life is good.

Comment

damn!!! I feel you.

I hit once with my 18s on my Camry and turn out I have to buy new wheels for it...

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

time for fat OEM tires lol

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                X