No announcement yet.

Run away prius safely stopped in CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God dammit i was just about to make a thread about this.

Theres no way this guys a liar just trying to get some money. Full breaking pressure would slow down a car even with the accelerator floored. Im not buying any of his story.

Comment

I just heard the full story on the news not too long ago. They say he was unable to stop the car for 20 MINUTES. What kinda shit is that, even a retard (no offense to retards) can stop a car in 1 minute much less 20. Thats gotta be the stupidest shit I ever heard. He didnt wanna stop that car I tell you that. The emergency brake is called just that for a reason, and he still wasnt able to slow down?? Like I said earlier something might be up with all these bullshit claims.
      FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
      Pm meX
      I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
      H22A Swap
      I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4 View Post
        This is very strange, I have a godfather whos very brilliant and almost everything he says is correct until I heard him say some shit about this toyota problem being a conspiracy to try and throw off japanses car sales and boost sales in bullshit american cars. Yes he has a 2002 Camry that is DBW and yes I work on it but Im not being bias. I was like wat the fuck are you saying, but now Im wondering if theres some truth to what he was saying. Im not big on conspiracy shit but these problem seem so strange to just be happening all of a sudden out of the blue like that.

I also understand that if you need a split second to stop and your accelerator sticks, for you to take the extra reaction time and think of selecting neutral while holding the brake, your pretty much fucked. but for some reason all these accelerator sticking issues seem to be life and death situations which I dont see very likely. These people must have the worst fuckin luck in thje world. Toyota cant just come out and say its not out fault either or they will look HORRIBLE to the public. I still trust Toyota.
        haha, good point. Its the media showing us the life or death scenarios. They're not helping the situation, but maybe some guys in high places are counting on that.

Comment

I have had the pedal stick full throttle on me last week in a 2009 Pontiac G5. It got stuck under the floor mat, lol. Luckily this is not a fast car haha and the first thought I had was to shit to neutral, which it did no problem (over 5000RPM). And im a lot guy at a Mazda dealership and every auto I have tried to go from drive to N works, but i'll keep an eye out for one that may not, lol. I also had to drive out used 2010 Corolla to the Toyota dealer to have the sticking pedal recall looked at. Never stuck on me so i dunno, lol.
          My FB Page - http://www.facebook.com/hellaflush3d

My 3D Work --> http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/

Comment

I love you throttle cable.
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

seen this earlier, but me and my friends had a conversation over this, then his dad's friend joined in, said why wouldn't they turn off the car or put it into neutral and all that, well being me i didn't say a thing cause this guy would kill me in an instant if he knew i drove a Honda. he called all the brands over there rice burners, and cursed all brands. Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc. all put down by this one guy. when i left i lol'd thought we were dumb driving these cars. but i wonder what he would of done if he was on the freeway doing 94 mph in a prius with a stuck accelerator. probably the same thing, freak out and try stepping on the brake. if it was me, i would try and see how far i would get at 94 mph in a prius...possibly across 3 states lol.

Turbo Setup: 100%

Comment

I drive a 2010 Prius for work. I tested it out today. I pushed the gas peddle to the floor, and when I began to accellerate I put it into nuetral. It slowed down super quick, no problems. The only thing is you have to hold the lever over to nuetral for a couple seconds before it goes into nuetral, it's not instantaneous.

So yeah, people are stupid. They teach this in Drivers Ed class.

My swap thread
                Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post
                  Yes, I remember in Driver's Ed class the teacher saying "People are stupid."

It was one of the things that I remember to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by 460sx View Post
                    I love you throttle cable.
                    Amen brother!

My Fit is electronic... one of the few things I hate about it. Thankfully, Honda hasn't had similar issues!

Shifting into neutral will definitely stop the car. The engine will rev up, and probably blow. But it will stop. Blow your engine, take it to Toyota, and demand your money back so you can go buy a Honda.

The Insight is a better buy anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post

I had drivers ed last november. They dont teach what to do if your car rapidly accelerates. Maybe they do now?

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                        I had drivers ed last november. They dont teach what to do if your car rapidly accelerates. Maybe they do now?
                        Well, they taught it in my class in '87

BTW, the Prius does not rev when you floor the gas peddle in nuetral. I suppose it has something to do with the electric motor taking over.

My swap thread
                        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

I'm willing to bet that a majority of the people who have been involved with these recall issues and injured by them didn't know how to drive stick. Shifting into Neutral becomes so obvious to us b/c the majority of us do it on an almost regular basis. If the people in those accidents knew how to drive stick and what Neutral was used for I wonder if the results would have been different.

Side Note: if i was in an auto I probably wouldn't even think to pull the e-brake b/c it's probably located under the dash somewhere. But I would definitely put it in Neutral and/or put the engine to Accessory.
                          "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
                          - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

id pop the hood and pop the fuel pump fuse out.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              This still confuses me. Why can't people put the car in neutral or one of the other 10 things they could try?
                              I'm also seeing a trend here; old people + stuck gas pedal = hysteria.

I know its a known issue, so these people should be aware of it.
                              I totally agree with you. People who drive these toyotas has no excuse for not knowing of this potentially life threatening hazard. Pop that gear into neutral unless you wanna die.
                              91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                                Amen brother!

My Fit is electronic... one of the few things I hate about it. Thankfully, Honda hasn't had similar issues!

Shifting into neutral will definitely stop the car. The engine will rev up, and probably blow. But it will stop. Blow your engine, take it to Toyota, and demand your money back so you can go buy a Honda.

The Insight is a better buy anyway.
                                lol...
                                91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

Comment

Working...
                                X