Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this is why you dont drive like a fucking moron..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is why you dont drive like a fucking moron..

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/conte..._crash_id.html

Victims from bus stop crash identified
    By American-Statesman staff | Monday, March 8, 2010, 02:12 PM

Police today released the identities of two women who were struck by a car and killed Saturday morning as they waited at a bus stop on South First Street.

Maria N. Gaona De Corona, 53, and Adriana Morales-Catalán, 28, were killed about 7:30 a.m. when a car careened out of control and struck them, police said.

Austin police say the driver, Erick Armando Nuncio-Moreno, 19, was attempting to race another vehicle when he lost control.

Family members today said Corona was heading to her morning shift as a cook at Furr’s Cafeteria. Her house is less than a mile from the bus stop.

“She never asked anybody for rides,” said Corona’s son, Keith. “She was so prideful, she’d go out on her own.”

Morales-Catalán, who lived across the street from the bus stop, was heading to her job as a hotel housekeeper, family members said. She had taken the previous day off to celebrate her 28th birthday with her three young children.

“Estamos destrozados (We’re destroyed),” said Morales-Catalán’s sister-in-law, Balbina Morales-López.

Nuncio-Moreno has been charged with two counts of manslaughter, a second-degree felony. He is in custody and his bond has been set at $100,000.

According to his arrest affidavit, Nuncio-Moreno pulled up to the stop light at South First Street and Stassney Lane in his Toyota Celica sport coupe around 7:30 a.m. Saturday. He revved his engine at another driver, as if to initiate a street race, but that driver told police he heard the Celica’s engine and “knew it had something under the hood” and did not want to race, the affidavit said. When the light turned green, Nuncio-Moreno sped off, spinning the tires and heading north on South First Street, the affidavit said.

Nuncio-Moreno lost control of the Celica in the corner and left the roadway, striking the women at a Capital Metro bus stop near Emerald Wood Drive just north of Stassney Lane. One woman died at the scene, police said, and the other was taken to University Medical Center Brackenridge, where she died.

Another man who was waiting at the bus stop jumped out of the way before the crash and was not injured, police say. That man did not wish to speak to a reporter Saturday.

Nuncio-Moreno was pinned inside the Celica and had to be removed by the Austin Fire Department, the affidavit said. The bus stop was completely destroyed by the crash.

Witnesses estimated Nuncio-Moreno was driving between 75 and 90 mph, while the posted speed limit is 35 mph, the affidavit said. There were no skid marks on the road to indicate braking, the affidavit said. There was no evidence of alcohol being involved in the wreck, the affidavit said.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call APD Vehicular Homicide Unit Detectives at 974-4724.

Wow, that's really sad. Two mothers lost their lives because this joker wanted to show off what he could do in his girly car.

The other guy is lucky he didn't take the bait. He'd be facing similar charges, I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Wow, that's really sad. Two mothers lost their lives because this joker wanted to show off what he could do in his girly car.

The other guy is lucky he didn't take the bait. He'd be facing similar charges, I'm sure.
      yeah man. what a douche. that was someone's daughter/mother....OMG....its too sad man...

Comment

yeah i was reading about this just today. pisses me off when i see shit like this. not only because of the fact some dumbshit kid was racing on city streets in a 35MPH area and killed 2 innocent people. but that when shit like this happens makes cops more aggressive towards the tuner community, which already doesn't have a good rep. and were having a meet soon too....SOB

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Kids.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
            yeah i was reading about this just today. pisses me off when i see shit like this. not only because of the fact some dumbshit kid was racing on city streets in a 35MPH area and killed 2 innocent people. but that when shit like this happens makes cops more aggressive towards the tuner community, which already doesn't have a good rep. and were having a meet soon too....SOB
            Yeah, that's very true. There are LOTS of idiots like that out there, but it's not the majority of the tuner crowd. Cops don't know who's a street racer and who's just a hobbyist that likes their car. Cops also really only see crap like this... so of course they're biased. When you see enough illegal street racing, it's hard not to be ready to assume that everyone with a fart can and a 2" drop is a racer. Especially after seeing innocent people getting killed. Cops want to stop this crap BEFORE people die.

This is why I come down so hard on anyone that talks about racing in the street.

Imagine, if nothing had happened, and this tool posted about his race on here. I would have chastised him, and he'd have said "It was 7:30 in the morning... there was nobody on the road except me and the other car!"... and the 3 people at the bus stop, that I'm sure he wasn't even aware of.

There are drag strips all over the country. If you want to race, go to one. If there isn't one near you... tough shit. Take a long weekend, or start a new hobby. Stamp collecting is nice and safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
              Kids.
              These days

Comment

If this kid was apart of my group, we would have disbanned him the moment he took off:

Its a fact of life that you race, but first of all, you dont do it during the day and second of all, you dont do it around crowded cities. Fucking Moron.

Comment

Don't do it on public streets.

I've done it. I've done some REALLY stupid things... I don't claim to be innocent. However, I never got in an accident, and I've never caused an accident. Nobody was ever hurt. I was never caught and charged.

I was lucky. I've since become smarter, and I realize that it's smart to NEVER do it again... or else I'm going to have to learn the lesson the hard way. Living with losing my license for racing (and thus losing my job) would suck. Wrecking my car, or watching someone else wreck theirs, would suck. I don't know if I could live with myself if someone died because of my irresponsible actions. I wouldn't want to think of how it would influence all those that care about me if I died for those same actions.

Anyone who hasn't read Brian's story in the Beginner Off Topic section about his friend crashing his dad's Prelude, losing his life, and seriously injuring 2 girls that were in the car... I suggest you read it. That's what's left behind when you do something stupid... all those hurt people (either physically or emotionally).
                  It's not worth "bragging rights".

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/enuncio1

Comment

<----this says it all.

I remember when Tokyo Drift came out. The very first night (the midnight showing), I remember being at Pho with some friends, about 3am. We didn't see the movie because it was so packed....but we heard all the shit on the radio and whatnot stating collisions on the highway and shit because some dumbass kids thought they could pull drifting out on the highway. I think some people died as well...innocent drivers. Fuck that shit.
                      VIP Status.

Comment

i hope his anus stays sore...yes i said it
                        1993 Accord LX - Sold
                        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
                          <----this says it all.

I remember when Tokyo Drift came out. The very first night (the midnight showing), I remember being at Pho with some friends, about 3am. We didn't see the movie because it was so packed....but we heard all the shit on the radio and whatnot stating collisions on the highway and shit because some dumbass kids thought they could pull drifting out on the highway. I think some people died as well...innocent drivers. Fuck that shit.
                          The cops around here know to keep an eye out when a new F&F movie comes out. I heard cops at the theater just before F&F2 was released talking about it.

People need to learn to respect their machines... as well as their lives, and the lives of others.

Comment

all to show off in one of the worlds most ugliest, shittiest, non-nonsensical sports cars ever made.

I cannot say I feel sorry for whatever happens to him.

He should have those two womens souls on his conscious as he's making friends with bubba.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                            Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                            NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

ill admit i've shown off a little. getting on it on a n empty road just messing around. but it's always a straight road and i have a very strong sense of my surroundings. if there is even the slightest turn in the road or any traffic, a light coming up, green or otherwise, i keep it to a minimum. more or less its a race to 60 and then coasting.

but trying to race someone to show off when they don't care is just retarded. i've been in the middle of a bunch of douches revving and burning out at a red light before taking off. it's not fun when you dont know when someone is going to look away or lose control and smack into you. so i just let it go by me.

this really is a sad story.

Comment

Working...
                              X