Air bag suspension...how much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air bag suspension...how much?

How much does it typically run to have an air bag suspension installed? Not looking for anything fancy, just a "basic" setup. I want to lay the car flat when I park.
    VIP Status.

It's not going to sit on the frame without shock tower modification in the front.

Comment

How far would it sit then?
      VIP Status.

Comment

About this high:

That's as low as you can go without modifications. You'll take the base off of a legend lip but you won't be able to drag or sit on the frame.

Comment

Sorry, this is for my Lancer...should've mentioned that.

Either way though, I'm sure it wouldn't be able to sit.
          VIP Status.

Comment

I know they sell bolt on kits for the accord, and I wouldn't be surprised if they sold bolt on air ride kits for a Lancer, too.

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...ed=0CB8QrQQwAA

Comment

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
              How much does it typically run to have an air bag suspension installed? Not looking for anything fancy, just a "basic" setup. I want to lay the car flat when I park.
              well for starters it won't lay out with out a body kit more than likely , and air ride stuff is some thing you to not do cheap . good stuff is spendy , reasearch it a lot before you buy . And don,t buy any thing from airbaggit .com or any thing from aim industries. I know to bag a truck is like 3000 and up price wise.
              needing a new project got rid of bagged S10 going back to Honda's

Comment

airbaggit.com is no good? They're probably the most widely advertised company! (not that it makes them good...)

Comment

Well for 3k, I won't do it. I just want to tuck some tire...which can be accomplished by a good set of true coilovers. If it were cheaper, it'd be cool to have bags buuuuuuuut....
                  VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    airbaggit.com is no good? They're probably the most widely advertised company! (not that it makes them good...)
                    yeah they advertise heavy probably to make up for cheap knockoff products , they used to be aim industries , but changed their name.

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
                    Well for 3k, I won't do it. I just want to tuck some tire...which can be accomplished by a good set of true coilovers. If it were cheaper, it'd be cool to have bags buuuuuuuut....
                    coilovers are cheaper definitly , and a lot less upkeep that air ride has , but bags are alot of fun , if you really want a bagged ride do a truck some thing you can lay out and go dragging in
                    needing a new project got rid of bagged S10 going back to Honda's

Comment

Yes, airbaggit and AIM are awful.

The only good product AIM offers is drop spindles for Mazda B2200s cuz theyre the only company that makes them.

I dont understamd how those companies are in business. Air suspension is not cheap. You get what you pay for when it comes to air ride. You go cheap, it breaks and wears out almost instantly.

What I could suggest is air struts for your application instead of going with bags and shocks like a typical air ride set up.

Comment

Stay far away from airbagit. I have one of their kits on my camry and it's complete shit. Only reason i'm using anything of there's is because the shop that bagged my car got the kit from them. In less then a year I went through 2 struts, a handful of fitting and and countless hours on the phone with Joy, their customer service rep. All this with average to below average use. Right now a new strut with less than 10 miles on it (the car is off the road) is leaking from the fitting. Problem is they use cheap stuff. The push fittings are partly plastic, so they tend to heat up and go bad.

Already mentioned but you really do get what you pay for air suspension. Stick to Air Runner, Universal Air Suspension etc.

Comment

So basically what you guys are saying is airbaggit is no good? lol.
                          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

basic setup,

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Ksp...System/588683/

pro plus kit

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Ksp...System/588683/
                            BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Just so you guys know ksport air is front and rear not a full independant bag set up.

Comment

Working...
                              X