• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
    It's your world... but if you want my opinion I would say no
    I agree word for word.

Comment

Originally posted by 1BadCB View Post
      No tramp stamps for me. lol
      It going to be something elegant, not trashy.
      i know, i was just kidding. that "honda" script you were talking about earlier would look really good IMO.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I would say No. Or get it on the bottom of your foot :P
        This reminds me of back in the day when me and 3 of my buds were MAD into Quake2. We were the top 3 in Canada for a while there, it was heaven! So the guy who was #1 in Quake2 battles decided that he loved Quake2 so much and he was well known by soooo many for his skills that he would get a Quake2 tattoo on his shoulder. It was only the logo and no words, and it looked awsome at the time!! It looked exactly like this picture.

But serveral years down the road and Quake 4 is long gone, his tattoo just is not cool. He ended up covering it up with another non-product related tattoo.
        I guess its like putting the transformers symbol for a tattoo on you. Its cool, but only for so long. Just a story, thanks

Comment

If it was JUST because you like their cars... I would say it's a terrible idea. However, since Honda itself has deep ties to your past, and your family, then perhaps it has enough meaning to warrant a tattoo. I'm a firm believer in meaningful tattoos... frivolous designs are just stupid, though.

I would definitely suggest getting it somewhere that only you, or people that know you very well, would ever see it. It means something to you, and those that know you would know what it means... but strangers would probably think it's stupid, not knowing that there's more behind it. Not that you should ever base something that personal on someone else's perception... but that perception could influence how they interact with you, and that could be frustrating. "oh, the girl must have a boyfriend that likes honds... how cute." (I'm sure you get enough of that just by having a modified Honda yourself!)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            If it was JUST because you like their cars... I would say it's a terrible idea. However, since Honda itself has deep ties to your past, and your family, then perhaps it has enough meaning to warrant a tattoo. I'm a firm believer in meaningful tattoos... frivolous designs are just stupid, though.

I would definitely suggest getting it somewhere that only you, or people that know you very well, would ever see it. It means something to you, and those that know you would know what it means... but strangers would probably think it's stupid, not knowing that there's more behind it. Not that you should ever base something that personal on someone else's perception... but that perception could influence how they interact with you, and that could be frustrating. "oh, the girl must have a boyfriend that likes honds... how cute." (I'm sure you get enough of that just by having a modified Honda yourself!)
            Great point here deev, you are the first person that fully understands my reasoning for wanting this tattoo. Some people that replied to this were saying its stupid to get a brand tattoo, and I understand that, but its like they didnt read my original posting and didnt see that I want the tattoo because of my dad and my history with CB7's.

I totally agree with the fact that it shouldn't be totally out in the open, and I hate meaningless tattoos also. However, I don't get a lot of the whole " aw, her boyfriend drives a honda" thing, because most of the people that know me know that I do my own thing. There have been some people that thought that MY car was actually my boyfriends car and I was just joy-riding it. lmao!

You see models at every car show.
            But have you ever seen a model that actually takes the car she built to a show?

Comment

It really is a male-dominated scene, sadly. Most people don't think girls can seriously be into cars... or if they are, they that have to be manly themselves. In fact, you're probably the first person I've ever seen outside of an occasional magazine feature that models AND modifies cars. Most of the female members on here have their share of wrenching experience, though.

But honestly, a brand tattoo isn't much different than a band tattoo, or something from literature. My drummer has "Where the Wild Things Are" on a sleeve on his right arm. His left arm is covered with band logos. The right arm is such an amazing work of art that even I brag about it!

I would say, if anything, design a truly artistic representation, rather than just slapping an H somewhere on your body. If you design it yourself, or have someone close to you design it, it will have even more meaning.

Comment

I thought about it when I was 16 lol.

I'm glad I didn't though because I kinda went muscle car. But still, if Honda is your thing, and it means something to you, ink it! Just don't be stupid like most people and get something that "looks cool". That shit's permanent, and it's not going to look cool in four years, let alone 30. But my tattoos will mean something till the day I'm cremated and put in the gas tank of a race car haha (hopefully that's what happens!)

Definitely let us know if you get it or not! A lot of people will chime in with a "that's dumb" but some of us will still enjoy it! Besides, it IS a honda forum!
                "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                Disregard females, acquire currency
                BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

forget that, get your eyeball tattooed.

http://www.absoluterandom.com/worlds...yeball-tattoo/

Comment

Originally posted by 1BadCB View Post
                    However, I don't get a lot of the whole " aw, her boyfriend drives a honda" thing, because most of the people that know me know that I do my own thing. There have been some people that thought that MY car was actually my boyfriends car and I was just joy-riding it. lmao!
                    You're lucky. I always get the "it must be her BF's car" stuff.

I had a sentra that was Blue with Red stars and Had "spec Val" writen on the side. I was cleaning it for a car show and some guy comes up to my BF who is standing a couple feet away and talks to him like it's his car.

Even more recently I've moved from less show car to more racing stuff and I go to autox events with my BF and the woman there are like "oh you can come sit with us over there" It's like no... i'm going to be racing.

Back to the Tattoo thing, Do you think having a Honda tattoo will affect you're car modeling career at all? I mean I guess you can cover it up with makeup.
                    "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
                    - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I get your reason behind why you want to get it but I'm sure you could find something else that signifies you and your dads love for hondas. Maybe get a more custom tat with other things with the honda H imbedded in it. If you really are set on getting just a honda tat then go for it, it's your body
                      1993 Accord LX - Sold
                      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

i like castlevania and pokemon....but i would never tat any of it on my body. thats just stupid. honda may be your life when it comes to vehicles, but its nothing more than that. dont waste your good skin on nonsense

no
                        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                        $30 HID kits here Thread
                        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                          i like castlevania and pokemon....but i would never tat any of it on my body. thats just stupid. honda may be your life when it comes to vehicles, but its nothing more than that. dont waste your good skin on nonsense
                          This is clearly more than just something she likes or a hobby and I think it's a little rude to call something she's has had a part of her life forever "Nonsense"

the symbol doesn't represent the Car brand... it's memories and such
                          "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
                          - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

get a tattoo that says V-TECH

Comment

id rather get a tribal logo versus a honda logo.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                                id rather get a tribal logo versus a honda logo.
                                Yes. You're the first person ive seen talk about that brand, yet. Old skool shit right thurr.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                                Originally posted by Jarrett
                                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                                X