Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trying to start new weight lifting blog/fourm, need lots of help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to start new weight lifting blog/fourm, need lots of help!

so i am really into personal fitness, and training/weight lifting,and i want to get into the blog/fourm world. I want to spread my ideas, and knowlege about wieght lifting, and personal fitness, and help other to share my knowlege, and alsolet more people share ideas with all.(kind of like this great site)

i hope that gives u all an idea of what i want, i really would love any input if all possible.

thanks to all in advance and help me make my dream come true!

Not be an ass and discourage you but youll have a tough time getting a lot of traffic on your site....theres already a few well established weight lifting forums out there......for now if I were you id just stick to a blog and see where it goes

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

I started a firearms forum about 9 months ago. I have close to 450 members right now and the site is growing steadily. Getting into the forum world is not impossible.

A blog is a good idea but you need to update it daily in order to keep people interested.

Either way, I can hook you up with free web hosting. A domain name is $10/year.
      My Car
      FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

yes i no there are already good weight lifting blogs/ fitness fourms, but i think i really could get some followers if i try very hard.

thats a great price 10.00 a year, how much else will it cost to get started,

p.s. i love the format of your gun fourm, i saw you are useing vbulltin, do u pay for that, plus domain name, plus hosting the site?

thanks

Comment

i found a decent fourm builder and was woundering what anyone has to say about this fourm, or if they know anything about it

thanks

http://www.siteground.com/smf-hostin...FRBM5Qodn0R6fQ

Comment

yes ima start going to the 24fitness
            1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

Originally posted by 91accorddxbuds View Post
              yes i no there are already good weight lifting blogs/ fitness fourms, but i think i really could get some followers if i try very hard.

thats a great price 10.00 a year, how much else will it cost to get started,

p.s. i love the format of your gun fourm, i saw you are useing vbulltin, do u pay for that, plus domain name, plus hosting the site?

thanks
              Hosting is free for a year as long as you don't use more than 400mb storage and 2gb bandwidth per month. Domain would be $10/year. Vbulletin is $150ish to buy. I MIGHT be able to get you a discount if you decide to buy that. Another forum software you could use is phpbb. That's free, I believe.

Before you buy, think of a domain name that you want and is easy to remember. Think about how you'll organize your forum (general discussion, techniques, routines, reviews of supplements, etc.) Once you have that set up you don't want to change it around much if at all.

PM me if you want more details or tips.
              My Car

Comment

I am a serious lifter, but I recently fractured my vertebrae doing it and was forced to stop and I currently do not have health insurance. Sucks really bad.

I am also really serious about fighting. I have a lot of good training and have done a lot of researching/reading on different martial arts.

You aren't alone bud. I'll join your forum/blog.
                R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

i ended up createing one!

i used smf for the fourm

its verrrry basic i only put like 25 mins into it so far.... so dont judge it yet...

heres the site name

fitnessfourmclub.com

please join guys, im not going to "promote it" until i do somemore work, but i would love any ideas or tell me if its a good start.

remember i have no idea what im doing lol!

thanks!

Comment

OMG

i just realized i spelled forum "fourm"
                    ahhh what do i do now?

Comment

You'd rather pay for hosting than get it free?
                      My Car

Comment

im sorry i didnt realize u had hosting where theres nothing after the .com thing or what ever, other wise i would have went through you forsure, but how can i change my bad spelled domain name?

Comment

Originally posted by 91accorddxbuds View Post
                          im sorry i didnt realize u had hosting where theres nothing after the .com thing or what ever, other wise i would have went through you forsure, but how can i change my bad spelled domain name?
                          Get a new domain.
                          My Car

Comment

i think i may start over and go through you , can i have some more info, i would love to create a forum like yours

Comment

could you hook me up with a 10.00 a year domain name? and somehow route it to my misspelled forum???

Comment

Working...
                              X