Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trying to start new weight lifting blog/fourm, need lots of help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Alright, what do you want to do. If you want a domain name, send $10 to mchaley[@]gmail.com via paypal. Also email me the domain name that you want.

I can route it to your current address but in my opinion you'd be better off scrapping that one and maybe getting your $ back.

I'd also get either PHPBB or VBulletin over SMF. PHPBB is free I believe and VBulletin is about $150 total. I picked vbulletin because it's the most popular software for forums. That means that more people are going to know how to sign up to and navigate in your forum.

It may also be a good idea to either find a partner or two or find a team of moderators to help you. Partners = cheaper to buy software and hosting as you grow. Moderators and partners can also help your site grow faster.
      My Car
      FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

okay i will send the money soon, but i dont think i want vbulletin yet, i agree it is alotttt nicer, but this is my first shot at it and i think i may upgrade later down the line... how would i switch over to phbb or whatever? would u be able to switch it over for me?
        thanks

Comment

10.00 has been sent

i would like fitnessforumclub.com

please let me no when u reroute this

thanks so much for this

Comment

im not going to be home til around 4 , so to communicate would u please rather email me (i can email from my phone) at sieges92@gmail.com
            thanks

Comment

Bought. I'd recomend trying to get your money back or canceling your subscription for the misspelled domain. PHPBB may be your best bet if you can't swing vbulletin yet.
              My Car
              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

hey man I know a serious amount about weight lifting. Especially that different types of people need different types of workouts in order to achieve maximum body muscle minimum fat.

I don't really know html that well but I have a wealth of information, especially the chemistry and anatomy side of working out. I know alot about muscle gaining products, workout routines, diets, supplements, everything!!

For me, getting ripped is probably the hardest because I have a metabolism like sulfuric acid, I digest anything I eat in minutes, my natural body weight is like 130 lbs max. I can't tell you how much I weigh right now, because I have literally been able to gain 10 pounds, and then lose 10 pounds in 5 days, all from a doctors scale. Everyday im a couple pounds different. I have to follow a strict diet routine in order to maintain my body wieght, which last time I checked was 149. Its annoying, being able to eat 5 lbs of food, and only gaining 1lb!

In fact, my metabolism is so fast, I wake up at like 5 am every morning from hunger pains. I can't even go a full 8 hours without food! Hence the name turbo dave, Im like not even human, I ran track my senior year of highschool, and got 4th in states in the half mile, beating a ton of other kids that had been running for years. I think my body operates at like warp speed. It would explain my adhd, and my need to drive very fast.
                ]

Comment

WOW
                  i would love to hear more about what you know, i would love you to join my new forum and maybe become amoderator, if you would like?

Comment

i might start working out....what do i do lift heavy things?

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71 View Post
                      i might start working out....what do i do lift heavy things?
                      There is no right answer for everyone. a general guideline would be, lifting 3 sets of 6. so Like 60 90 120 or 90 120 150. wait 1 -2 minutes between each set. so 60 wait 1 min - 90 wait 1.5 min - 120 - wait 2 minutes. move on to the next set of muscles.

it depends on your body type, but you should always eat afterwards, healthy and lots of protein. and drink lots of water

man today is a good day, I wenty to court and did not get arrested yesterday and got not convicted of driving witth an invalid license a while back.

I slept in woke up just a bit ago eight a bannana and some PBJ sandwiches now im taking a shower, going to smoke a fat bowl of weed. and going to hit the gym hard since I havent gone in 2 days im ready. Some times I get addicted to going and its hard to not go to the gym everyday but you need to only go 3 times a week, the rest is running if your trying to lose wieght im not.

i could probably be the best runner in state college in the half mile if I had pushed myself but running makes you look lanky...
                      ]

Comment

I find bodybuiding forums to be a hot bed for stupid questions and misinformation..

The blog may be the better way to go, but you're up against a lot.

For example, if I want to find an exercise for a body part I will check exrx.net. If I want to get insight on my routine or diet I will go to bodybuilding.com. And I have a pretty well viewed personal progress thread on another forum. You would really need something special to grab someone from all these available resources.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          I find bodybuiding forums to be a hot bed for stupid questions and misinformation..

The blog may be the better way to go, but you're up against a lot.

For example, if I want to find an exercise for a body part I will check exrx.net. If I want to get insight on my routine or diet I will go to bodybuilding.com. And I have a pretty well viewed personal progress thread on another forum. You would really need something special to grab someone from all these available resources.
                          very well put. I'll have to check that website out exrx.net.

But the blog part, I see ads all the time of someones blog or they or someone makes money off of by putting out ads like :

"how I got ripped by combining drano and ammonia for lunch"

or some stupid bullshit; obviously replace drano and ammonia for creatine and carbs or some bullshit like that .

I think a forum with good moderators that really KNOW what they are talking about, like I'm talking only people who are certified as a personal trainer. They would probably want to make money off the site, I don't know.

People who really know how the body works. bodybuilding is so much more than simple rules...
                          ]

Comment

Working...
                          X