Audio experts? Need input on my 15" Alpine Type R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio experts? Need input on my 15" Alpine Type R

Hey guys, a few months back one of the voice coils in my Type R 15" somehow went bad. I don't know anything about subs except wiring them up and making them bang. My question is this; Is there some way I can send my damaged Type R to get repaired? A new 15" is $350 still (NO, I'm NOT buying one off ebay for $250) and if there was any way I could fix it for cheap (or relatively cheap) I certainly would.

Do you guys know anything about it? Some one told me that Alpine has lifetime warranties on their stuff, but then I heard they only honor it if you are the original buyer.

Where do I start on getting some bass back in that truck? Any advice would be great, since I don't know where to start. Once I hit post on this I'm going to go do some searching on Alpine's website but I've tried this once before to no avail.
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
    Is there some way I can send my damaged Type R to get repaired?
    Yes.... call them... people dont typicaly get "$350" subs fixed... Only high end TYPICALLY equipment due to cost...

\
    Some one told me that Alpine has lifetime warranties on their stuf
    lol no

Where do I start on getting some bass back in that truck? Any advice would be great, since I don't know where to start.
    There is a forum for this

......... I bet alpine has a phone number or email address

Comment

I'm sure they do too, but before going through all that, I'd prefer to ask here, because I know first hand how knowledgeable some of us are on here. If I can get my answers here, and/or a better starting point than what I have now, then this is where I'll begin.

And when I said where do I start I mean by calling or emailing or can I get my answers here. I already know where to start. Gotta get another headunit since I sold my Alpine 9885, need a solid 850 watt amp, ported box, and then I just gotta throw that Hooker audio fuse back in line and I'll be slamming all day. But before any of that can happen, I gotta sort out the speaker itself.
      Last edited by turbomaxx; 02-22-2010, 02:43 AM.
      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
      Disregard females, acquire currency
      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Working...
      X