Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a reasonable price for a full H22A swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a reasonable price for a full H22A swap?

I see at those official depots they have the motor/tranny/ECU going for like 1700-1800. But on the flip side I have seen longblocks go for as little as 400. So somewhere in the middle is a decent price. What is considered reasonable? I would seriously consider swapping if I could get everything for less than 1100-1200....

Yes, I drove an H22 equipped car last night... and my interest is piqued... thinkin about just keeping the car and giving it to my brother now.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

MMM. I just love H-motors. Snappy as balls.

Anyway, I've seen them go for $1200-1700 online. I'd say somewhere right in the middle would do, at most.

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
      I see at those official depots they have the motor/tranny/ECU going for like 1700-1800. But on the flip side I have seen longblocks go for as little as 400. So somewhere in the middle is a decent price. What is considered reasonable? I would seriously consider swapping if I could get everything for less than 1100-1200....

Yes, I drove an H22 equipped car last night... and my interest is piqued... thinkin about just keeping the car and giving it to my brother now.
      I guess it all depends on your budget bro, do keep in mind that the depot normally gives you warranty for your stuff, whereas scoring something on CL or in a junkyard is pure luck and there might be rebuilding involved. Getting a longblock will mean hrs you will have to put in to bring back to its original form, so you can consider that as well.

Comment

Try and see if you can find a wrecked 5th gen Prelude. Thats how i scored my entire swap...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by masarwar View Post
          I guess it all depends on your budget bro, do keep in mind that the depot normally gives you warranty for your stuff, whereas scoring something on CL or in a junkyard is pure luck and there might be rebuilding involved. Getting a longblock will mean hrs you will have to put in to bring back to its original form, so you can consider that as well.
          Well the online or official places do provide stuff like warrantees, free delivery (locally), compression tests etc

But w/every swap I do I do a full super tune up anyway. And if I bought a motor from CL or w/e I would def do a compression test and look over the motor thoroughly if I couldn't test it in a car.

But I think 1K is reasonable, esp considering an H23 tranny is a lot cheaper than an H22

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Yeah a grand really isn't bad if you think about it.

life is good.

Comment

I picked my motor up from Japan Star up in Albany for about $972.

Did the swap in 12 hours.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

You pay more for some reassurance. I'd trust hmotors, and I'd pay their higher prices for that peace of mind.

The best way to find an h22 cheap is to shop locally.

Comment

JDM Engine Depot is where its at. But your not getting a full swap for less than $1500.
                  Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

2000 if your looking local

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry View Post
                      JDM Engine Depot is where its at. But your not getting a full swap for less than $1500.
                      They actually have a full swap for 1400 (at least on Ebay)... ECU, everything

I have 2 F22A6 heads (read: cams), an F22A6 header w/a 2.5" outlet, and of course a JDM F22B DOHC intake manifold... so between that I can prob get around 300-400

I'd be down to sell this motor + tranny cheap... make another 300 or so

Yea I really might do this, and just give the car to my brother (and use it on the weekends or w/e). It's not like I'll ever make money on this thing....

Comment

You pay for what you get I think. My total was $2900. This included:

H22A full motor
                        ECU
                        5 speed transmission
                        manifold pipes and flex pipe
                        wiring harness
                        shipping
                        warranty

I think it was a little over $2000 and then with shipping, the warranty, and extras the price went up. The engine was also really shinny and had low kms, below 30,000km. It was shipped to my home in Canada.

Comment

Jdm engine depot sells the
                          f20b dohc vtec $650
                          obd1 jdm h22a for 700
                          jdm h23 vtec for 750

non-lsd h22 trans for around 550

i was there a few weeks ago
                          My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ceelooboob View Post
                            Jdm engine depot sells the
                            f20b dohc vtec $650
                            obd1 jdm h22a for 700
                            jdm h23 vtec for 750

non-lsd h22 trans for around 550

i was there a few weeks ago
                            is this JDM Engine Depot in Kearny NJ?

-LoS
                            " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Comment

Originally posted by LoS HimSelF View Post
                              is this JDM Engine Depot in Kearny NJ?

-LoS
                              I believe so

Comment

Working...
                              X