Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I may have just lost my license...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I may have just lost my license...

Yea, I just got pulled over again, and I think that makes... 7 points for me? I'm pretty sure my license is suspended, but I don't really know because the cop never told me anything. He just gave me the ticket and told me to be smarter.

I don't really know what to think right now...I'm kind of, well, shocked...

Sure, it was stupid, blah blah blah. I don't need a lecture from anybody, I'm just saying. The cop was cool and gave me a bit of a break in the first place. I didn't argue, or give any attitude. I took what I deserved each and every time I got a ticket, and payed the fine the next day. This will definitely suck if my license is suspended, but I'm not even sure...

So yea, does anybody know, if you lose your license, does the cop cut it right there when he issues you the ticket? Or does it happen later?
    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

It won't be suspended until after the court date. The police don't have the power to suspend or revoke, just to enforce.

Comment

they can't cut it up in front of you b/c it's still a form of ID.Just call the DMV/RMV and have them look it up.
      "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
      - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

if i might ask, what did you do ????? an why would you just pay the fine instead of fighting it.....with a chance of getting it lowered to something less harsh
        UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
        NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

yea after the court date it will be suspended if you are over the point. Idk why you would just pay the fine and not make a plea with the prosecutor for a bigger fine but no points.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex View Post
            if i might ask, what did you do ????? an why would you just pay the fine instead of fighting it.....with a chance of getting it lowered to something less harsh
            X2. Almost everytime I've gone to court for a ticket, they automatically reduce the charge.

Comment

I was going 70 in a 30"""3!? 5&3 +90 9/)6 24953 '3 70 $94 45 in a 30 so there really isn't a point in fighting it. I have quite the record of getting caught speeding, so I'm pretty sure it's gone now. i was never given a court date or anything, I was just given a ticket. will I have to go to court? I hope not. I don't even know if I'm really gonna lose it? IDK...

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                X2. Almost everytime I've gone to court for a ticket, they automatically reduce the charge.
                yeah. never ever just go pay then fine thats crazy. i always give it to my lawyer when its a speeding ticket to get it reduced to a improper equipment or something along those lines. only thing i would pay for is a click or ticket fine lol
                UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                  I was going 70 in a 30"""3!? 5&3 +90 9/)6 24953 '3 70 $94 45 in a 30 so there really isn't a point in fighting it. I have quite the record of getting caught speeding, so I'm pretty sure it's gone now. i was never given a court date or anything, I was just given a ticket. will I have to go to court? I hope not. I don't even know if I'm really gonna lose it? IDK...
                  no point in fight it!!!!!!!!! are you crazy...i just got busted back in jan for 104mph in a 55mph zone. got arrested the whole nine, best believe i fought that shit. got it reduced to 70 in a 55 with a driving class an NO POINTS!!!!!
                  UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

my bad, im on my phone right now and my last post didnt come out too well. i said i was going 70 in a 30 and the cop wrote me for 45 in a 30.

Comment

my bad, im on my phone right now and my last post didnt come out too well. i said i was going 70 in a 30 and the cop wrote me for 45 in a 30.
                      45 in a 30 aint bad. take it to a traffic court lawyer an fight it. that way you dont get points bro. my last two tickets where 40 in 25....rush to get home to the lady but that got reduced to a simple moving violation. an the one i talked about in my other post
                      UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Why would you be doing 70 in a 30? That's WAY worse than doing say 120 on the freeway. Do you have any idea of the mess you'd make if a kid ran out in front of your car? I'm surprised they didn't arrest you then and there. If I saw you blasting through my neighborhood at those speeds, I'd chuck a brick at your car. Keep that shit on the track.

Fuck what the cop wrote it for, what were you actually doing?

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                          Why would you be doing 70 in a 30? That's WAY worse than doing say 120 on the freeway. Do you have any idea of the mess you'd make if a kid ran out in front of your car? I'm surprised they didn't arrest you then and there. If I saw you blasting through my neighborhood at those speeds, I'd chuck a brick at your car. Keep that shit on the track.
                          atleast mine was on a 4 lane bypass. no other cars around
                          UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

im 23 started drvin at 18, since then i had about 21 points.

took a special test to knock points down, then took another test to get my license back, was suspended twice, im on my 3rd strike, but shit i drive so careful now its not even funny, loosin a license sucks major balls cuz ull have to depend on a knuckle head or public transportation, which can b diffcult at times.
                            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                              im 23 started drvin at 18, since then i had about 21 points.

took a special test to knock points down, then took another test to get my license back, was suspended twice, im on my 3rd strike, but shit i drive so careful now its not even funny, loosin a license sucks major balls cuz ull have to depend on a knuckle head or public transportation, which can b diffcult at times.
                              holy shit man.
                              UNDERGROUND SOCIETY

Comment

Working...
                              X