HDTV... help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDTV... help..

okay me and the wifey are getting a tv 37-42 must be 1080p and must have 3 hdmi and pc in. trying to keep it under 700 bucks... just look for peoples opinions and experience please.

Panasonic verera or whatever i have ran across a 42 plasma 1080 for 699.
    also lookin at LG Vizio samsung jvc. all help needed and appreciated.
    Members Ride sold...
    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

super happy with my old 26" Vizio 720p

beautiful picture, been using it for a couple years now, no dead pixels, works great as my HTPC screen.

Comment

Samsung

I heard Sony makes LG with cheaper parts. I had a LG and retured it because of a broken panel. Traded it in for a Samsung
      NEW PSN
      H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
      RIP

Comment

We just got our first LCD HDTV, lol, but i can already tell you, go with one with 120Hz capability.

Even with the 1080p, unless you have HD channels, have a 1080p disc player or watch alot of Blu-Ray, you're not gonna get much. Our cable runs on 480i and with the 120Hz, it was awesome. Amazing. That set, an INSIGNIA(off-brand of Panasonic, i think) messed up the first day, so we went and got a Toshiba. Still 1080p HD LCD, but its only 60Hz. It's basically just a giant tube TV, lol. No spectacular picture or anything like that.

I cant remember what we paid for it, but im almost certain it was under $700.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I load up and sale HDTV's at my job. I would suggest for you to get a JVC, Sharp, Panasonic. Sony are way to over priced but have gorgeous picture. The non LED sharps are good till 50 inches. JVC are good and reliable.

LG are ok, good picture quality but the build is average.

I would also suggest to wait til spring or summer, because there are new ultra flat skinny HDTV coming out and 3D tvs. With the new technology coming out, the regular flat screens will go low on price for sure.
          www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

LN40B500 40" 1080p LCD HDTV samsung

is what we went with. guy didnt really give much of pitch. pretty much let me and wife tell him what we want and showed us what he had. jo jo pick out the panasonic and the samsung. then it hit her again size matters lol the panasonic is a 37 and the samsung is a 40.
            we are paying 599.50 for a 40 inch 1080p lcd tv. ive read some reviews and i think im gonna be pretty happy with it considering its our first lcd tv and first tv over 30 inches lol.
            Members Ride sold...
            I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

I've had my 37 Vizio Plasma for about two years now. Its the BEST thing i've spend money on within that time. Still works perfectly. Its got 3 HDMI inputs, 1080p. Its bad ass. Picture is amazing.

Well worth it. Vouch for Vizio.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
              Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
              NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

plasmas are awesome for watching tv. if your into dvds n gaming, go with lcd. for some reason, gaming and plasmas dont mix well after awhile. since u already have a budget, ask yourself..how big of a tv arent u afraid of getting? 32, 37, 42, 60?! after that, its just pretty much preference. vizios are actually great from what i heard of

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
                My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
                Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

I bought a 42" Vizio and love it. Just be careful, not all 1080p's are created equal. Watch out for the 60hz and 120hz versions. The higher it is, the smoother it be. My vizio is 120, the 60hz version was like 100-150 bux less. Side by side, slow motion video will look the same. I think mine was 749 or something, but now I saw that Walmart has my tv, with tilting wall mount and HD soundbar for like 798. I woulda got that if it available then.

Eventually my 42 will go downstairs in my rec room and upstairs I'll be getting the 55" 240hz LED Vizio.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

I'm sure if you searched online, you could find a room size guidline for the size tv that would be best. It all depends on how far away from your tv you'll be sitting. I remember when I worked at Circuit City years ago we had a chart for customers to look at stating if your room was A x B, you should get size C tv etc.

What I was told once is that if your tv is in a darker room, plasma was the way to go. If your room was brighter, for example more windows, LCD was the way to go. Recently I was told that because LCD technology has come a long way in the past few years it really doesn't matter anymore. My advice would be that if your tv is going in a well lit room with windows get a tv with the satin finish on the screen cause it really helps reduce glare. I believe all Plasma tv's have a glass front panel but I could be wrong. I am glad I went with the tv I bought.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Teh fam recently bought this.
                      It's a bang for the buck.
                      http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+...&skuId=9034626

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I spent many days reading reviews and problems with LCDs, plasmas, and different companies. I finally just order my first LCD TV. It's a Samsung 40" LCD w/ 1080p and a 70,000:1 contrast ratio with a 6 millas refresh rate. It's the Ln40b550. I wanted to really go with the Ln40b630, but that was like an extra $250. So, I cheaped out a little, and also got a 2 year extended warranty just in case. It should come home soon, and then it'll get hooked up. I should be able to provide a review on it by let's say late May (about 3 months).
                        Last edited by Straight Success; 02-28-2010, 03:02 PM.
                        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                        X