Update: 10' Civic Si vs 10' Mazdaspeed3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyCord View Post
    It's going to be a bitch to do the oil change? I really like the ms3. It was faster and would respond to mods much better but it's a DD. The extra mpg and reliabitly with the civic are more important to me at this age.
    You cant be serious bro with a turbo car all you have to do is dont drive it like a madman all the time an dyoull get some good mileage just like the econo cars. Just stay out of boost. Vtec can drink gas too or did you forget already lol.

If reliability and extra mpg is important then perhaps you shouldnt be in the visual range of performance car territory. You should be in the range of smartcar or hybrid prius lol.

Comment

I wouldn't get a smart car (benz) or a hybrid if I was concerned with cost. They're fuel efficient, but they're not cheap to fix when the proprietary stuff breaks.

If economy and reliability is paramount... a Fit is a great idea. I can attest to both. At 111,000 miles in a year, mine has been nothing but rock solid, and it gets an average of 38.5mpg.

Comment

There is a lot more to my decision than just mpg and reliability. I know everyone at the Honda dealership so I get everything at cost and I won't be hassled if I have any problems. The si overall feels more sporty and looks 10x better than the mazda. I kept changing my mind on how the mazda looked and everytime I went back I disliked the appearance more and more. I did like the overall interior of the mazda better but I felt very cramped in the driver seat. The extra features you get with the mazda I can add easily to the si when I put my stereo in.

I also really like the idea of supercharging the si.

In the end, I just didn't want to leave the honda family.

Comment

Really? The Si feels sportier than the Mazda? I'm curious to compare the two myself now!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            I wouldn't get a smart car (benz) or a hybrid if I was concerned with cost. They're fuel efficient, but they're not cheap to fix when the proprietary stuff breaks.

If economy and reliability is paramount... a Fit is a great idea. I can attest to both. At 111,000 miles in a year, mine has been nothing but rock solid, and it gets an average of 38.5mpg.
            damn deev you market your shit well lol. Im just sayin a smartcar is more ideal for when your in the city that shit squeezes through just about anything and its parking is supreme.

Id laugh at when people try to squeeze in the spaces and i laugh even harder when the smart car comes through it makes parking look like childsplay.

Comment

That's true, the smart car is like half the size of my Fit, and parking the Fit is a pleasure compared to the Grand Prix that it replaced!

I wouldn't want to fix a smart car if it breaks, though. Mercedes Benz parts, and there really aren't any other cars that use those parts... so they can charge whatever they want for them!

Comment

That's true, the smart car is like half the size of my Fit, and parking the Fit is a pleasure compared to the Grand Prix that it replaced!

I wouldn't want to fix a smart car if it breaks, though. Mercedes Benz parts, and there really aren't any other cars that use those parts... so they can charge whatever they want for them!
                Oh hellyeah. I remember when i saw one guy get out of it i was like damn hes double parkin now. And I saw the car hop up and the person as in the passenger seat.

I didnt even see him and he shifted over into the drivers seat and off he went. I thought damn how did he have enough space to shimmy over without hitting the bottom console without having to just get out and go to the drivers side the long way.

Comment

In a smart car?

The engine is in the back, so I guess there's plenty of room in the front to move around.

I sat in one once... extremely roomy and comfortable. i was impressed!

My friend's girlfriend is going to be leasing one for a year, i think. I'm looking forward to it

Comment

In a smart car?

The engine is in the back, so I guess there's plenty of room in the front to move around.

I sat in one once... extremely roomy and comfortable. i was impressed!

My friend's girlfriend is going to be leasing one for a year, i think. I'm looking forward to it

Comment

I like the coupe!

I'd probably take the Mazda, though. I love Honda's quality, but the new styling doesn't really appeal to me. I guess Honda stole my heart with their early 90s models, and I can't love another Honda nearly as much! (I'm considering another early 90s Honda product... it's neck and neck with my Cadillac considerations...)

Both are fantastic cars, though. Being NA and a Honda, that Civic will probably prove to have the longest lifespan.
                      But the Mazda's does? I liked the last gen, but the new one is just FUGLY.

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
                      It's true man..talk about a pain in the balls.
                      It isn't that hard once you figure it out, and with the maintenance minder, you only change it like once every 6-7K, and that is even if you drive pretty spiritedly.

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                      You cant be serious bro with a turbo car all you have to do is dont drive it like a madman all the time an dyoull get some good mileage just like the econo cars. Just stay out of boost. Vtec can drink gas too or did you forget already lol.

If reliability and extra mpg is important then perhaps you shouldnt be in the visual range of performance car territory. You should be in the range of smartcar or hybrid prius lol.
                      I have yet to get less than 26MPG out of ANY tank in the Si, with the norm being more like 29-30MPG. Even defrosting the car and warming it up every day, I am still averaging about 27.5MPG. Plus, if the OP really wants to, it isn't hard to get more mileage out of them.

Originally posted by MyCord View Post
                      There is a lot more to my decision than just mpg and reliability. I know everyone at the Honda dealership so I get everything at cost and I won't be hassled if I have any problems. The si overall feels more sporty and looks 10x better than the mazda. I kept changing my mind on how the mazda looked and everytime I went back I disliked the appearance more and more. I did like the overall interior of the mazda better but I felt very cramped in the driver seat. The extra features you get with the mazda I can add easily to the si when I put my stereo in.

I also really like the idea of supercharging the si.

In the end, I just didn't want to leave the honda family.
                      What you should have done was switch drivers and run the same loop over again, so that you could compare both directly without the driver being a factor. I think you would also find that it wasn't has hard to keep up with the MS3 in the Civic as you think it would have been.

Either way, power in the SI isn't a problem to get out of it. A Hondata Flashpro and racing header will net you an additional 20HP with no problem. If you were to go full bolt on, even more. Or, you can checkout AJP Racing in addition to considering the supercharger.

Really? The Si feels sportier than the Mazda? I'm curious to compare the two myself now!
                      You are not giving the Si enough credit. Remember that I didn't really care for it either, and now it is sitting in my driveway.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                        You are not giving the Si enough credit. Remember that I didn't really care for it either, and now it is sitting in my driveway.

I second that

Comment

Working...
                        X