The "I lost my keys" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "I lost my keys" thread

Because we've all done it more than once. whats the most annoying or inconvenient time you've lost your keys? I'm currently siting on my couch chain smoking and unable to work on my car...or move it...or get food. god i'm so pissed. Encouragment plz!

1992 Lx Sedan, b18 obd1 swap (swaping trans)
    1993 Ex Sedan, f23 sohc vtech swap (totaled by an excursion )
    1991 Ex Coupe (New Daily Driver)
    1984 300zx Turbo (drift car)

I've never lost ALL of my keys... fortunately, I usually have a backup. Of course, right now, i'm down to one key for each of my cars. I dropped my spare keychain (with my cb7tuner keychain on it ) at work while getting attacked by a dog.

Comment

When I have to leave for work on time. I live 25-30 minutes away, every second counts.

I now have a spot where my keys go whenever I'm home, that way, no fail.

life is good.

Comment

Mine stay clipped to my belt at all times. To lose my keys, I'd have to lose my pants.

I only lost my other set because of a faulty clip... it was from a local tuning shop (that I will NEVER visit, because their shitty product cost me my keys)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          I've never lost ALL of my keys... fortunately, I usually have a backup. Of course, right now, i'm down to one key for each of my cars. I dropped my spare keychain (with my cb7tuner keychain on it ) at work while getting attacked by a dog.
          hahah for some reason that's funny, picturing you booking it down the sidewalk with a dog hot on your tail.
          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

What kind of dog was it Mike?

it didn't tear your pants off, did it?

life is good.

Comment

It was a husky. Two of them... though only one of them wanted to eat me. The other one wanted to play. No "beware of dog" signs were posted, and there was no fence (dogs were on an invisible fence)... I should have called the cops, but my job puts me in a bit of a gray area legally... and explaining to the cops why I was on the property in the dark in the first place could be a hassle...

The sucker did manage to rip a big hole in my $45 jeans

If it was a person attacking me, I'd have done some damage... but I won't hurt an animal unless my life is truly in danger.

Comment

Fuck that if some animal was trying to eat my ass I would be fightin. One time my lab crawled his muddy ass in my wagon and when I went to drag his ass out he snapped at me and we went at it in the gravel driveway hahaha. I didnt hurt him though, just showed him I was the boss and not him.

Comment

The animals were just protecting their home. I can't explain to them that I'm there because their owners aren't paying their mortgage... They just know that I'm on their territory, and I don't belong there!

They were really just trying to chase me away, not hurt me. They'd have done far more damage if the goal was to hurt me.
                  Sane dogs are actually very logical. If you're intruding on their territory, you either have to assert dominance, or show submission and retreat. If either is done correctly, nobody should get seriously hurt. Of course, some dogs aren't all that sane... they don't understand dominance and submission, because they've never lived with other dogs.

If it was a person, I'd have no problem hurting them if they attacked. I can reason with a person. If a person can't be reasoned with, then my only choice is to defend myself.

Fortunately, I've never had to hurt any living being. It would be an irritatingly complicated situation if I did... I do my best NOT to have anything to do with cops.

Comment

Originally posted by accordwolf View Post
                    Because we've all done it more than once. whats the most annoying or inconvenient time you've lost your keys? I'm currently siting on my couch chain smoking and unable to work on my car...or move it...or get food. god i'm so pissed. Encouragment plz!
                    Instead of sitting there doing nothing, trace your steps. The keys are obviously close to where the car is, you just haven't looked where they are.

I keep all my keys on a carabiner, and the only key to uzume came off one day. I had looked everywhere, in the car, in the apartment, and had gone back out to the car again. A friend stopped his car to say hey and we talked for a few, then I told him I really had to go look for my key. He asked what was on the ground next to me that was sparkling in the early morning sun. I looked over where he pointed, it was my key. From his angle in the car, it was a bright glaring reflection, from my angle standing up, it was gray on gray asphalt.

Comment

Well I have been there, someone stole my keys while I was in Class.

I didnt know about it until I walked 3 miles back to my car and then discovered they were not in my pocket. So for 6 hours I had to stand by my car while my mom and sister got off of work and came and gave me my spare keys.

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
                        Well I have been there, someone stole my keys while I was in Class.

I didnt know about it until I walked 3 miles back to my car and then discovered they were not in my pocket. So for 6 hours I had to stand by my car while my mom and sister got off of work and came and gave me my spare keys.
                        Suck. At least the car didn't drive away. And stolen is much different than lost.

Comment

I've lost my keys a few times. The worst was when I was gettin ready for work. I was tearin the house apart lookin for them only to realize they were in my pocket... FAIL

psn: KoRn_LuVr

Comment

I have my main key on my key chain.
                            #1 spare key in my wallet.
                            #2 spare key in my kitchen.
                            #3 spare key on my fiance's keychain.

Spare's are only like $1 at WalMart, there's no reason you should be locked out of your car.

1999 BMW M3
                            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                              Instead of sitting there doing nothing, trace your steps. The keys are obviously close to where the car is, you just haven't looked where they are.

I keep all my keys on a carabiner, and the only key to uzume came off one day. I had looked everywhere, in the car, in the apartment, and had gone back out to the car again. A friend stopped his car to say hey and we talked for a few, then I told him I really had to go look for my key. He asked what was on the ground next to me that was sparkling in the early morning sun. I looked over where he pointed, it was my key. From his angle in the car, it was a bright glaring reflection, from my angle standing up, it was gray on gray asphalt.
                              I've honestly looked everywhere and torn every inch of the apt apart. So my options are hope someone turns them into the HOA, pay $100 bucks and get some made, or wait for my dad to mail me the spare. I've got really bad luck dude.

1992 Lx Sedan, b18 obd1 swap (swaping trans)
                              1993 Ex Sedan, f23 sohc vtech swap (totaled by an excursion )
                              1991 Ex Coupe (New Daily Driver)
                              1984 300zx Turbo (drift car)

Comment

Working...
                              X