Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.4.05 was a sad night

Well like so many others on here.

Last night at 7pm I retired the CB7 to the junkyard.

The whole day prior to that night..I had spent at least 3-6 hours just driving it around since it would be the last time for me driving the car. I made a short vid using my gfs digital camera...sort of like memories type of deal.

And I also took the last couple pictures of it as well.

The whole day I was down about the whole deal. The reason why I had to get rid of it was because of this situation below:

I got a 1995 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab 4x4 for Xmas for free from my parents, I had found out about this last Friday when I was supposed to put my new Brembo rotors I had just purchased like a week prior to all this last minute news. I thought I found a new owner which was gonna be my cousin but my stepdad and uncle had gone to him and mentioned it would cost him around 500 bucks just to have the brakes put on along with the windshield and two new tires and front coils and struts(everything was added up)..so I called my cousin and he had changed his mind about taking my car.

My issue was this, it was a FREE fucking car, I thought I was doing this kid a fucking favor and save him from having to do payments on another new used car. Yeah mine may have needed parts put on but shit I could've done it myself with the help of a friend of mine. But no not one person wanted anything to do with it.

I asked one kid but I needed him to act fast on it. In the end I said fuck it. I took the parts I wanted off (strut bars and radio)..and then I began the 30 minute ride to where its final resting place would be.

During the ride there it seemed like it was taking an eternity...I remember all the things I had done to the car all the memories I made (smoking the reefer and fishbowlin the car, finding out another use of the back seat to just the long trips I took to the beach just to watch the sunrise) in my car.

I listened to that familiar sound of the 2.2 liter F22a6 I had swapped 3 years prior for the last time before shutting it off.

So on Jan. 4,2005 @ 7pm...after 272,504 thousand long miles..4745 days 113880 hours and 13 years of ownership since 1992, and 4 years of my time since 2001 the car was finally handed over to a junkyard with a set of copied keys.

Like I said it was a sad night...felt like something part of me was gone forever.

So in the end....I took the original key, the only one left serial number:7402 and hung it around the rearview mirror of my truck.

No matter what I'm loyal to this site..even though I have a truck now. I'm never straying to far. I think in about a couple years I'll pick up another one.

It was great fun while it lasted thanks guys you all are family to me here.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

damn... i would have bought the car from you... i've got a good friend up in NH who needs a freakin car... FUCK!!! oh well, gues it's too late now..

damn... i'm really upset now... that would have been one hell of an awesome post-christmas present.. since she is my new gf...
    Last edited by dwf137; 01-05-2005, 01:45 PM.
    --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Originally posted by dwf137
      damn... i would have bought the car from you... i've got a good friend up in NH who needs a freakin car... FUCK!!! oh well, gues it's too late now..

damn... i'm really upset now... that would have been one hell of an awesome post-christmas present.. since she is my new gf...

I was waiting for the damn site to turn up..a new gf in NH where abouts Im in Nashua.
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

how much did the junkyard pay for it? you should have at least tried to sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by ckyskater733
          how much did the junkyard pay for it? you should have at least tried to sell it.
          They just took it off my hands..I dont think they were gonna give much for it anyway.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          Legend FSM

Comment

Damn man...at least all of us know where to get parts now!

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
            2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Comment

i would have taken the block!

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

I almost cried reading that... im sorry dude..
                1993 Cobalt Blue Accord EX - Sold as of December, 2009

Comment

You should of gave it to me!!! Why !!!

Comment

You could have sold it and made $1000 even with almost 300k on it, and used that thousand for a billet grille, crystal headlights, and a new head unit on your Ranger.
                    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

We talked about this a lot when he was doing it. He wasn't able to keep two cars where he lived and there was the transferring the title because of living in a different state and a lot of time issues.

Comment

Sad to see another go Good luck w/ the new Ranger project!
                        Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                        The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

I would've come up there and taken it off your hands! Hell, Mikey and I could've fixed it up good this summer and given it a good home! Ah well... sorry to see it go. The site really went down at a bad time for everyone it seems! If you grow to quickly hate the truck, come back to the world of CB7 owners!

Comment

Yeah like Mike (AccordWarrior) said I didn't have much time to act on it. My parents gave me like a week to get the thing going..plus with the added issue that I lived in another state I wasn't gonna wait 6 weeks for a title from the state of NH to come in..( I know its *** but Mass has a better waiting period like only 2 weeks).

Yeah AccordDianate I'm def gonna replace the headlights on my truck with crystal clear ones..maybe an HID kit (if they have one for it) Im still keeping my trusty Aiwa headunit.

Like I said I would've love to see the car go into the hands of another person here from CB7tuner (at least one that couldve made me a reasonable offer) but the site was down you guys dont know how bad I wanted the site to be up during the time of crisis.

And Deev yeah I know you and Mike could've truly put alot of hard work into it, seeing as Mike goes from state to state without any problems lol hes the repairman of CB7s a lone guy at that though...will travel for no hassel.

Thats his new motto I came up with

Thanks for the support guys! Dont worry though I'll make a comeback even if it takes me 3 years to find another cb7.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            Legend FSM

Comment

That story was pretty damn sad... And like others, I would have loved to have it. My wife needs a car like sick desperatly... oh well. I understand your trama. I fell sorry for you owning a new Ford, no offence! Just seen alot of probs. with Ford. Hope you don't have any, and enjoy it. But, hell. If you want another cb7, just come to KY. They seem to be popping up left and right here lately. Just not the kind I want. Oddly enough, found one exactly the same as mine, same year, color, tranny, and a LX... yesterday on my way home from work. But the car lot owner wanted what I thought was way to much for it. 140 some thousand miles, LX automatic and he was asking $2950?! I told him mine was the exact same car and I only paid $1800 for mine!
                              But good luck with the new Ranger, and even better luck when you decide to find and own another cb7!
                              Nova: A star that suddenly increases it's light output tremendously and then fades away to its former obscurity in a few months or years.

Supernova: One of the rarely observed nova outbursts in which the maximum intrinsic luminosity may reach 100 million times that of the sun.

Comment

Working...
                              X