• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
    Kinda what I was thinking, but I'm not educated enough to put it into words
    http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy09/browse.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Un...federal_budget

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...federal_budget

You can dig through the Wiki references at the bottom to learn more.

Also, it appears that for FY2009, with the increased defense spending (Obama's addtionally requested resources) defense spending comprised 23% of the budget. Social Security and Medicaid were just under twice as much at 39%
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
      http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy09/browse.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Un...federal_budget

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...federal_budget

You can dig through the Wiki references at the bottom to learn more.

Also, it appears that for FY2009, with the increased defense spending (Obama's addtionally requested resources) defense spending comprised 23% of the budget. Social Security and Medicaid were just under twice as much at 39%
      LOL let me rephrase man. I meant i was thinking that loans that are paid back plus interest don't count as handouts. I have no clue what that first link is even about at first glance, and im scared to open the next two! Here goes, though!
      "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
      Disregard females, acquire currency
      BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

hey can you type less my eyes hurt now.lol.
        im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
        93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
        90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
        91 se accord 4 door SOLD
        92 lx accord coupe SOLD
        93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
        92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
        93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
        92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
          LOL let me rephrase man. I meant i was thinking that loans that are paid back plus interest don't count as handouts. I have no clue what that first link is even about at first glance, and im scared to open the next two! Here goes, though!
          It is where and how our country spends money. You can't make wise decision about how you want our money spent if you don't know how it is already being spent.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
            It is where and how our country spends money. You can't make wise decision about how you want our money spent if you don't know how it is already being spent.
            Yeah im reading thru that second link now.
            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
            Disregard females, acquire currency
            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Why would they not have it? I think there needs to be as much drug testing as possible. They need to invent saliva drug tests that can be displayed instantly. Drug test before you walk into a bank, before you walk into a school, ect...
              Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

drug test before you walk in a bank? so because i have thc in my system, it prevents me from getting a checkings account? i wouldnt think the bank would like that very much,
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

If America is going to have drug laws, they need to enforce them. Regardless of peoples opinion on the drug.
                  Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                  Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                  Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                  Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Regular drug testing should absolutely be instituted for any government handout program. If you get free money, you had better not be on drugs.

Now, many people on welfare are either poor because of their addiction, or got addicted as a way of coping with being poor. I understand that.
                    Perhaps it would make sense to offer these people welfare with testing AND a government monitored rehab program (there are already free clinics out there... just issue another form, and have someone tied to welfare review those forms monthly)
                    That way, anyone that is addicted will be forced to get the help they need, without being left with nothing (which will only lead to an increase in crime...)

Comment

I love my state.

Originally posted by ray ray View Post
                      hey can you type less my eyes hurt now.lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I fully support this idea.

I get paid by the gov't and I have to take a drug test, and I actually do work.

So should anyone else.
                        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

What about food stamps?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

People treat drug addiction as a malady that should be accepted and sympathized with... and that's the wrong approach. Sure, it's a shame these people are ruining their lives, and yes, I'm sure they have reasons for turning to drugs... but it's not like they're disabled. We shouldn't have to cater to their "disease".

Comment

i absolutely support this, there should also be dietary guidelines for food stamps, i don't belive you should be able to walk into a 7-11 and buy a big grab of doritos and a 1 liter if dr pepper with food stamps that ridiculous! when i got laid off in may for a few months my wife and i received 120 bucks a month for food stamps, and we purchased meat, and canned goods. and several months later we still have some it. if you receive welfare you should use it wisely

Comment

Very true. Welfare should be used to keep you alive, and get you back on your feet.

The longer you're on welfare, the harder you should have to fight for it. A couple months, ok, let the government help out. Once 5-6 months passes by, you should have to prove that you're not on drugs, prove that you're trying to find a job (or at least getting some kind of schooling or training to make yourself more hireable), and prove that you ACTUALLY need the assistance.

Welfare is a great thing when you need it... but when people start playing the system, then it's a bad thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X