Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something happened to me while CB7T was down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something happened to me while CB7T was down.

Well, a few members might know that I'm planning to sell my car to buy an EG Civic. Some people are saying that it is a rice move, and I can understand why.

These past days, I've been getting more discouraged with the Accord, and I realized that it needs more work to be the way I want it, than I can afford and way more than the EG I'm looking at. The cb7 needs body work (lower door, front driver's side fender, and rear quarter panel-slight rust) and then paint, 5 speed conversion, and that's about it. Thing is, I can't find a body shop that I can trust their work and not get assraped, and I don't know who will help me do the swap (because I have no experience with this).

The EG is female owned, and still has the single cam weaksauce motor it came with, but all maintenance has been done (I'll be asking to see receipts and have it checked out) and has been freshly painted (but acquired a dent on the roof, while parked at a indoor lot, weird) and has 88k original miles.

Now, it has Red/Clear tails, eBay Vision Corners (knockoffs), dropped on H&R Sports w/KYB AGXs, and a generic short ram & muffler. Pioneer CD/MP3 headunit w/Pioneer interior speakers (4). Supposedly, it has not been raced and was completely stock at time of purchase, and the girl's boyfriend (has an Integra & works at a car mod shop) put these mods on along with Spoon SW388s on. She's not including the Spoons (that sucks IMO) and is asking $3000 negotiable.

I've asked her whats the lowest cash price she'd accept, and she said $2500. I plan to offer $2200-2300 cash, on the account that the cb7 will be sold this week. I have a few people interested so I'll be waiting on that.

At first I felt as if I couldn't let go of the cb7 and now I really want the EG. It's a 5 speed and I've been dying to get a nice manual car.
    '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
    -'93 BRP LX 4AT
    -'92 AGP LX 5MT
    -'93 AGP EX 4AT
    10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

damn... i'm sad to hear that.. i love my cb7, and i'll probably have it for a long time... next time i'll be buying a car, i'll have graduated from college, and hopefully be making enough to afford to get a new one without the 500 for a trade in i'd get for my cb7...
    --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

It's a shame you're selling her. Sounds like you're getting an ok deal though...a partially modded EG isn't a bad thing. You've got some potential in it.

Good luck with it and update us on what you do with it.

PTAC (Poor Tuner's Accord Club) - #05

2003-2006 - '91 Accord EX 2dr 5spd "Macy" R.I.P
      2006-20?? - '99 Grand Am SE 4dr Auto "NoName"

Comment

its a sad, sad story for sure, especially that the spoons wont be included
        if we can't lure you from the dark side, then best of luck with the egg, ive seen some pretty fast ones out there, and 5spd is definitely the way to go
        MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
        i pulled over and looked under the hood.
        the engine was still there...
        ...silly light!

Comment

I was hoping to see your car in person someday... Ah well! Stick around on here, would ya! I hate to see it go. Hopefully you'll like the Civic better than most people I know have. Just about everyone I know that gave up the CB for a civic was disappointed. You will have a better aftermarket for it though!

I was up in NYC yesterday, but I couldn't get in touch with anyone due to the site being down...

Comment

It's official, the car is pretty much sold. I was offered $2,800 and jumped on it. I got a downpayment, and the rest I'll get monday when he comes with his plates.

I'll be sticking around, and I hate to make it sound final, but yeah, no more cb7 here.
            Last edited by br0nx finest; 01-05-2005, 10:34 PM.

Prev CBs:
            -'93 BRP LX 4AT
            -'92 AGP LX 5MT
            -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

Well I have already spoken to you about this on AIM, but I just wanna wish you luck w/ the Eg project, I'm sure you'll do her right. BTW where are the pics in this thread? I see none.... :thumbsdow
              Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
              The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Pics of the EG:
                http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/car/54249820.html

The CB7 ad:
                http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/car/54057791.html

Prev CBs:
                -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

Yay for shitstreams...I mean Slipstreams haha Car looks really good. Needs a bling as front lip, but I think the car flows well now!
                  The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Yeah, OE lip set for first day I buy it, if deal goes well.

It has a dent on the roof, and actually they aren't slips. Their real Spoons supposedly, thats why she's not including them.

Now, what do you think is a fair price for that car, betweeen $2,200 and $2,500? I was planning to offer $2,500 until I heard about the dent, and no Spoons. :thumbsdow

I will be posting a pic of the dent.

Prev CBs:
                    -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                    -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                    -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

Originally posted by br0nx finest
                      Yeah, OE lip set for first day I buy it, if deal goes well.

It has a dent on the roof, and actually they aren't slips. Their real Spoons supposedly, thats why she's not including them.

Now, what do you think is a fair price for that car, betweeen $2,200 and $2,500? I was planning to offer $2,500 until I heard about the dent, and no Spoons. :thumbsdow

I will be posting a pic of the dent.
                      2k w/ no wheels and the dent
                      The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Peep how I run mine, some various chick. Circa 2003.

The dent.

Prev CBs:
                        -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                        -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                        -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

damn man ....

Looks like a good deal though, if i liked civics or hatchbacks i would get it.

Comment

Originally posted by br0nx finest
                            Peep how I run mine, some various chick. Circa 2003.

The dent.

OMG hahahahaha Pimp
                            The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Originally posted by Sho Nuff
                              damn man ....

Looks like a good deal though, if i liked civics or hatchbacks i would get it.
                              Yeah, I know how you & Sparkle feel about hatches. Trust me, he tried hard to convince me to stay.

And JDM, instead of quoting you, I'd like to say, yeah thats ownage. But does the dent look bad? I don't think it should cost more than $250 to fix.

Prev CBs:
                              -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                              -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                              -'93 AGP EX 4AT

Comment

Working...
                              X