another great buy for you alcohol connoisseurs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another great buy for you alcohol connoisseurs

we just got in a pallet at work today of beringer's 2006 "third century" central coast chardonnay.

we're selling it for $3.99 a bottle, but directly from beringer...

http://www.beringer.com/productinfot...roductID=99455

it sells for $14.

maybe not nationwide, but if you live in CA, definitely check it out. very delicious fruity nose, and a very crisp taste and finish. im picking up a case when i go back to work. first bottle is already gone.

I love Beringer! I thought I was the only one who liked it, until I was up at my folks' place not too long ago, and they had a bottle from 06 on their wine rack. It's damn tasty, and you're right: the perfect crispness. Perfect with a light cheese. Not with sharp.

life is good.

Comment

sheesh who the heck do you work for to have that kind of buying power?

our cheapest wine is something called Golden Gate which retails for 4.99.
      I don't think i've ever seen that Third Century being sold that cheap before.
      Last edited by Leung; 02-07-2010, 06:10 AM.

Comment

cheapest wine here is like 6.99....how much do u get crown and wild turkey for?
        Members Ride sold...
        I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7 View Post
          cheapest wine here is like 6.99....how much do u get crown and wild turkey for?
          He works for Trader Joes... so any deals that he alerts us to are usually Trader Joes deals.

Not every Trader Joes has a liquor license, at least around here. I have to drive an hour north to get to the only one in NJ that has one!

I never much cared for Berringer, as they were always the cheap "house wine" at any restaurant I worked at. Of course, that doesn't really mean they're low quality... just less expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Not every Trader Joes has a liquor license, at least around here. I have to drive an hour north to get to the only one in NJ that has one!!
            I have 1 around me and found out .... no LQ license

Comment

that is correct, i do work for trader joes.

it would be nice if i had buying power, but i have no more power than any customer that would walk into our store.

tj's gets great deals by making large purchased in cash... like buying out the remaining entire vintage.

loud92CB7:
              we actually just started selling crown. i believe it sells for $18.99.

another deal i swooped on. 1ltr. bottles of imperia vodka, $11.99

ive never seen it in stores, but the top google search yields a 750ml for $30 and a 1ltr bottle for $50.

Comment

it sucks for you guys that live near a tjs without a liquor license. at least out here, the company puts a lot of emphasis on the wine/liquor section.

even if you never shop at tjs, you should for your alcohol needs... even if its just beer.

we now sell all kinds of name brands: stella, becks, corona, blue moon, etc. and they all sell for $6.99/6pk. i never thought that was necessarily cheap, until i compared to safeway. it can cost you $8.49 or more for a 6 of stella. i really dont know how trader joes does it, but im not complaining.

Comment

Wow, yeah the discound stores around here are still up in the $8 range for good beer now. Cheap beer is usually all you get for under $7.

Thankfully, I'm perfectly happy with PBR

Comment

never much cared for Berringer, as they were always the cheap "house wine" at any restaurant I worked at. Of course, that doesn't really mean they're low quality... just less expensive!
                    ya know, i always glanced over their wines as well. but it was there, 60 cases of this shit sitting there, very simple classy label... so i tried. it was pretty good.

even the inexpensive house wines usually have top shelf shit too. we sell stuff like a basic $8 mondavi, and we also have a $110 bottle.

Comment

Wow, yeah the discound stores around here are still up in the $8 range for good beer now. Cheap beer is usually all you get for under $7.

Thankfully, I'm perfectly happy with PBR
                      hahahaha!!!

well at least you put pbr, so for those that dont know, you wont be completely embarrassed.

shit, if you want cheap beer. you NEED to take a roadtrip to a tj's that sells alcohol. we sell a beer called "simpler times". its our own label, but its pretty popular. 6.2%, 6pack for $2.99.

Comment

Wow, I'll have to see if we have that up here! Thankfully, I'm in the area of that one store once a week. I have 3 stops to make in that town already

PBR is the stuff of legend. If you play in a band in the Philly area, that's all you get for free. It's become part of the identity of any Philly-area musician.

Comment

TJ's ftw

Comment

Wow, I'll have to see if we have that up here! Thankfully, I'm in the area of that one store once a week. I have 3 stops to make in that town already

PBR is the stuff of legend. If you play in a band in the Philly area, that's all you get for free. It's become part of the identity of any Philly-area musician.
                            If you party anywhere that isn't meant for guys with eyeliner, it's part of your DNA. lol
                            Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

I learned how to shotgun a beer with a PBR pounder

Comment

Working...
                              X