Is it rice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it rice...

To badge your car as something when it's not?

I'm sure we all know of the fucktard that put the GTR emblem on his Mustang...I'm not talking that type of badging.

But say you have a certain car and try to make it look like something else...for example, doing the S14 Silvia conversion on an S13 then badging it as a Silvia. Or putting a bodykit on a certain car and badging it as that car (such as a Skyline bodykit or conversion on a 240 and calling it a Skyline)

What is your take...?
    VIP Status.

Putting a Silvia badge on a 240, Honda badges on Acuras, or the like = not really, no.

Skyline badges on a Skyline-converted 240 = ehhh.

Comment

Not rice but kinda weird like I know a couple guys out here that got rsx's not type-s and they have type-s badge or integra type r lol.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
      My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

What about Evo or Ralliart badges on a Lancer? Honestly I didn't think anything of it until I got a Lancer, and I find it ridiculous (I have seen a few) that people have say, an 06 Lancer and put the "Evo" bodykit on it and badge it as an Evo. When it CLEARLY isn't the Evo, but a poor attempt at "deception".

I would add the small Ralliart badge on my grille if I were to do something like that. Something subtle, and even at that I wonder if that is too far to take it. Maybe it's just me?
        VIP Status.

Comment

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
          What about Evo or Ralliart badges on a Lancer? Honestly I didn't think anything of it until I got a Lancer, and I find it ridiculous (I have seen a few) that people have say, an 06 Lancer and put the "Evo" bodykit on it and badge it as an Evo. When it CLEARLY isn't the Evo, but a poor attempt at "deception".

I would add the small Ralliart badge on my grille if I were to do something like that. Something subtle, and even at that I wonder if that is too far to take it. Maybe it's just me?
          I agree with you right there.

Comment

Even the Type-S or Type-R badges when they aren't...that can be ricey.
            VIP Status.

Comment

LOL. You 2008 n00bs weren't around for my white CB7.

Comment

It's the same as putting GT badges or Cobra badges on a stock v6 mustang. It's lies!

Comment

I saw a brand new Tahoe today with a Porsche "RS" emblem stuck beside the Tahoe badge on the tailgate.

Comment

if someone puts an Evo badge on a Lancer they should be shot.

your car isn't AWD. Your car isn't awesome. YOUR CAR IS A LANCER, NOT AN EVO.

they aren't even in the same category as far as im concerned. Evolution isn't a trim. it's a whole different car.

Comment

I had a Merkur badge on my tool box once.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                        if someone puts an Evo badge on a Lancer they should be shot.

your car isn't AWD. Your car isn't awesome. YOUR CAR IS A LANCER, NOT AN EVO.

they aren't even in the same category as far as im concerned. Evolution isn't a trim. it's a whole different car.

/pwn

Comment

Whoa, wait a minute....are you talking to me? I KNOW mine is a Lancer. I stated in another thread I wasn't going to try and make it look like an Evo or anything. I was stating what I thought about others making their whip look like an Evo and badging it as such.
                          VIP Status.

Comment

I think its acceptable if you do a full conversion such as an integra swapped to 5 lug with a b18c5 would be alright but just a normal integra with type R badges is rice

Comment

Originally posted by 92vig View Post
                              Whoa, wait a minute....are you talking to me? I KNOW mine is a Lancer. I stated in another thread I wasn't going to try and make it look like an Evo or anything. I was stating what I thought about others making their whip look like an Evo and badging it as such.
                              i know. i wasn't directing that towards you. just the asshats around me directly that do that. it annoys me. i would love an Evo. If someone offered to give me any car we could go pick up right now, i would find the lowest mileage Evo IX.

thats the car i want to daily when the CB is under the knife. then build the hell out of after.

Comment

Working...
                              X