Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Causes Unintended Acceleration? No one knows!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Causes Unintended Acceleration? No one knows!

I love these late 80s GM cars, they're a riot. He even defines it, like we don't know what it means hahahaha

Maybe Toyota/Lexus is having this "unintended acceleration" issue with their new cars? hmmmmm

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Unintended acceleration can happen if idle air/fast idle control valves aren't set up right

Toyota's problem is purely with the design of their floor mats. If it were an issue with their electronic throttles people would be dying left and right.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

[QUOTE=gloryaccordy;
      Toyota's problem is purely with the design of their floor mats. If it were an issue with their electronic throttles people would be dying left and right.[/QUOTE]

wrong. it is an electrical problem!

my dad's coworker has an avalon that they took the floor mats out of. he took it to the dealer afterwards. pulled in and the throttle was running wide open. threw it in park and walked into the dealer with the engine bouncing off of the rev limiter to prove it wasn't the floor mat....

toyota has a big problem on their hands!
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
        wrong. it is an electrical problem!

my dad's coworker has an avalon that they took the floor mats out of. he took it to the dealer afterwards. pulled in and the throttle was running wide open. threw it in park and walked into the dealer with the engine bouncing off of the rev limiter to prove it wasn't the floor mat....

toyota has a big problem on their hands!
        Oh in that case, yea they are screwed with a capital S

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I'm not sure what Toyota's problem is, or even if they know, but my wife's 2002 Taurus gets an idle surge occasionally, I've narrowed it down to a malfunctioning EGR valve or IAC, and with the low-rpm v6 in these cars that little bit of air will make the car lurch forward, granted it's never just taken off WOT before, lol.
          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Toyotas gas pedal problem is with the electronic gas pedal manufactured by a company called CTS. Those are the affected pedals, there are some models equipped with a pedal by Denso, that are unaffected by the sudden acceleration issue. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I have to deal with this shit on a daily basis now.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
              Oh in that case, yea they are screwed with a capital S
              yeah buddy!
              Originally posted by deevergote
              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

This shit makes me head spin. Poor Toyota. Or actually, poor people who have lost their lives and their families

What the hell Toyota!?

life is good.

Comment

It happens to the best of us...?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                    This shit makes me head spin. Poor Toyota. Or actually, poor people who have lost their lives and their families

What the hell Toyota!?
                    My whole problem with this recall, is that the family that was killed was driving a Lexus, yet lexus has not issued a recall on any one of their vehicles pertaining to the sudden acceleration issue.

Comment

Originally posted by 4U2H8ME View Post
                      Toyotas gas pedal problem is with the electronic gas pedal manufactured by a company called CTS. Those are the affected pedals, there are some models equipped with a pedal by Denso, that are unaffected by the sudden acceleration issue. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I have to deal with this shit on a daily basis now.
                      What's the problem? Faulty modules?

Comment

Shift to neutral, ignition off.

Toyota owners could manage...

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                        -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          What's the problem? Faulty modules?
                          Well Toyota blames CTS for not buliding the part correctly. CTS blames Toyota because they built it to Toyotas specs, but Denso built the pedals to the same specs and their pedals are not a problem. It comes down to the contract for the pedals went to the cheapest bidder, and when you buy cheap you get cheap. Denso pedals are made in Japan, CTS pedals are made in America. Good old American quality. Now to make things more interesting, these CTS pedals are also in the new Honda and Fords. Whether they are built to the same specs, is another story all together.

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
                            Shift to neutral, ignition off.

Toyota owners could manage...
                            Yeah, try explaining that to some of these customers. Don't get me wrong. For the most part many customers have been understanding. But you get the one that all of a sudden they've been experiencing the problem. You look in to their service history, and they've come in about 8 time thru out the year for maintenance and other concerns, yet never mentioned an acceleration concern once. Or you get others who's vehicle have cable throttles claiming sudden acceleration.

Comment

We just saw a revving happy Toyota with no driver in it.
                              Oh the floor mats are not there as well.
                              Just stuck in neutral while the owner cries with agony and pain.

Comment

Working...
                              X