Where an 8 ball when you need one ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where an 8 ball when you need one ?

Ever since I sold the CB7, I was saving up for a new car. And I'm seriously considering a CM7, but only a 2006( maybe 05) Accord coupe EX v6 six- speed. all the other CM models are nice, but I find the coupe to be the sexier and rarer. I know for a few grand more I could pick up an 8th gen Accord, but sorry, they're just FUGLY.

However; for the longest, I've had wet dreams about a 06+ (not the 08-09) Subaru STI. It's really my motivation to keep saving. It HAS to be stock, LOW mileage. I'll probably include a 04- 05 STI if I could find one for cheap ( but I don't want to risk that).

Pretty much looking for a family/ sport car.

STI would fulfill me in the short term. 300hp and awd fury. An immature beast.
    The Accord, defiantly long term: gas friendly, grown up, welcoming interior, yet it's still a powerful car.

Either car would suit me for the next 4 years or so, especially the STI.

I'm young (19 in two months)
    I got 6k in saving towards a car right now and it's growing monthly about $700 average.

Not trying to spend more than 13,000 for an Accord
    and 16,000 for a STI.

So that gives me about 10 months to think about my choices.

My main setback is that I'm trying to stay away from fwd cars. The STI's are expensive and on the verge of debating if its even worth the $$$.

There are TONS of cars that I would desire, but in reality, I find these two to be practical or others alike it.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
    -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Im in your same shoe's well only i didnt sell my cb but once i pay off my 06 impreza ill be selling it, but im deciding on an 04-07 sti or 03-05 evo, with the same budget as you gave the sti, it would remain stock until i paid it off fully, plus my 2.5i was rated lower mpg then an sti...well avarage, and if i was constantly doing 80 i got 32mpg i average 30 right now doesnt matter if i beat on it or not lowest it goes is 28, so they both get roughly the same mpg...well as long as you stay out of boost haha

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

I would stick with the coupe. The parts are always going to be cheap, they never go out of style, and it makes you look more mature. 6 speed manual on a V6 Accord is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
        Im in your same shoe's well only i didnt sell my cb but once i pay off my 06 impreza ill be selling it, but im deciding on an 04-07 sti or 03-05 evo, with the same budget as you gave the sti, it would remain stock until i paid it off fully, plus my 2.5i was rated lower mpg then an sti...well avarage, and if i was constantly doing 80 i got 32mpg i average 30 right now doesnt matter if i beat on it or not lowest it goes is 28, so they both get roughly the same mpg...well as long as you stay out of boost haha
        How do you like the Impreza ? I know its a Much different car than the Sti, but the interior looks relatively the same. they both look HARD. I don't want an aching back after 40 minutes of driving. Is it comfortable ?
        Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
        6 speed manual on a V6 Accord is awesome.
        One of the reasons I want one.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
        -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Hmm...this is a tough one. It depends on what you're trying for. The STi will be fun and good in the winter, but the Accord says, "Im growing up."

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Accord vs. STI?

I'm gonna have to go with STI.

life is good.

Comment

Did the Accord V6 coupes come in standard? How bout the Sedan?

I say Accord over STI.

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
                How do you like the Impreza ? I know its a Much different car than the Sti, but the interior looks relatively the same. they both look HARD. I don't want an aching back after 40 minutes of driving. Is it comfortable ?
                its more comfortable then the sti with how fast it stops, I would say it had sti brakes on it if i never saw them, i acctually like the interior better, i dont like all the blue, i highly doubt you will have an aching back even after a few hours, the differeces are sti has brembo brakes 6spd dual lsds and 300hp turbo engine and a stiffer suspension, and blue interipr with racing seats, oh and auto climate, and 17" wheels, huge rear wing, hood scoop

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                1992 Accord EX Coupe
                My FS Thread
                Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

The Accord would be my choice. The STI is fun but the accord can be fast and menacing when you want it, and civilized and comfortable when you don't want to drive at 10/10ths. I doubt the STI can be. It'll be loud, jerky and rough edged all the time.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Good luck finding an STI that isn't beat to shit. 99% are owned by 16-25 year old fistpumpers who run them hard and put them away wet. And want big money for their clapped out piece when they sell it. It is not a car for mature adults so you can guarantee they have not been maintained in a mature fashion.

Go for Accord, V6 six-speed coupe black on black leather is absolute sex. And not a slow car either.
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                      Good luck finding an STI that isn't beat to shit. 99% are owned by 16-25 year old fistpumpers who run them hard and put them away wet. And want big money for their clapped out piece when they sell it. It is not a car for mature adults so you can guarantee they have not been maintained in a mature fashion.

Go for Accord, V6 six-speed coupe black on black leather is absolute sex. And not a slow car either.
                      I totally agree about the STi. AccordWarrior paid a LOT of money for his 06. It was in pristine condition, and he was absolutely certain that it was in top mechanical shape. He could've found one for MUCH less... but I saw the options. He and I discussed various cars and prices, and I saw what was out there for $20,000 even... and honestly... you'd be better off buying a new one, than trying to tackle the problems that a cheap beat to shit one would give you.

The Accord isn't really on the same level in terms of sportiness... but you'll most certainly find a better example of a reliable, worthwhile car in your price range with that.

Comment

STI ftmfw! hands down. your only 19 why grow up now? get the fun car! i picture old people in there 40's driving those damn thing and imo there ugly as fuck.

Official CIVICKILLER's members ride thread! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112829

rock her with the shocker!

Comment

Working...
                        X