No announcement yet.

Question: Saturn L Series 100 Sedan??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets just say every GM vehicle that I have owned has been major problems. I've always liked Saturns, but you're still going to run into that GM quality....or lack thereof.

Have her get a good car. Saturns were made of plastic because they are disposable cars

Comment

I mean, how do you feel about the plastic body panels Deev? good or bad? and another question is, do you know if they're still making panels of the same material as they once were?

life is good.

Comment

The plastic panels needed no paint. They didn't damage easily. They were light as hell. FANTASTIC idea. Aside from my friend's weird purple color, which they stopped making...

I'm not sure if they still make them out of the same material. I doubt it... I'm sure they cheaped out on it. Especially now that the brand is dead.

Comment

yo dean

pros: there's more than 20 of them in my JY
          cons: every one of those L series that come to the JY have the timing chains off, or the parts are in the trunk soooo, that says a lot
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

LOL the eggplant purple color?

life is good.

Comment

Honestly, I've been a fan of the first and 2nd gen Saturn sedans for some time. A friend of mine in high school had one and it had some of the most comfortable seats I'd ever sat in and it was actually pretty darn quick too. Gave my Celica GTS a run for its money.

Another friend of mine has a 2nd en, like 97ish Saturn sedan and that's a nice little car to boot around in.

I'd drive a Saturn if I hadn't sworn myself off pre-2008 GM products. I really like the new Astra hatchbacks. But I've just had too much trouble with GM vehicles in the past to say anything good and make any recommendations on GM products other than their trucks.

Comment

What about the coupes with the third door? those were neat. The SC2 right?

life is good.

Comment

The 3 door was neat. The advertising that appealed to the emerging tuner scene of the time was cool too.

The first Vue had a Honda V6, so that made it pretty badass. I've actually never heard anything really bad about ANY of the Vue models.

The Astra is an Opel. The Aura is an Opel. The Sky (also the Solstice) was an Opel GT (well, it's unclear from my research of any of these are based on another... or if they were developed and released simultaneously...)

The Ion is what killed Saturn. THAT was basically a Cavalier/Cobalt. My friend that had the SL2 bought one brand new. She still has it. She HATES it. She loved her little SL2. That car is trash.

I'd probably drive any Saturn but the Ion.

The DOHC engines found in the early ones were nothing to shake a stick at. In those crazy lightweight cars, those things could move! The transmisisons are all that kept them from being truly potent.

Comment

The 3 door was neat. The advertising that appealed to the emerging tuner scene of the time was cool too.

The first Vue had a Honda V6, so that made it pretty badass. I've actually never heard anything really bad about ANY of the Vue models.

The Astra is an Opel. The Aura is an Opel. The Sky (also the Solstice) was an Opel GT (well, it's unclear from my research of any of these are based on another... or if they were developed and released simultaneously...)

The Ion is what killed Saturn. THAT was basically a Cavalier/Cobalt. My friend that had the SL2 bought one brand new. She still has it. She HATES it. She loved her little SL2. That car is trash.

I'd probably drive any Saturn but the Ion.

The DOHC engines found in the early ones were nothing to shake a stick at. In those crazy lightweight cars, those things could move! The transmisisons are all that kept them from being truly potent.

Comment

What? Deev double posted!

Comment

of any domestic car i'd have to buy i'd buy a second gen and first and secnd gen saturns. twin cam saturns were quick lil buggers.

but if it was me i'd stick with a honda or toyota.

plastic is good till they get brittle. saw a guy slam his saturn door once and like a huge chunk of plastic cracked and fell off.

but eh if it was me i'd keep looking.
                        1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

Working...
                        X