Question: Saturn L Series 100 Sedan??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Saturn L Series 100 Sedan??

Ok, anyone of you guys know anything about these cars? Reliability or any issues/recalls?

http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ182268401

I'm not planning on purchasing it but my ex is and my daughter will be riding in it so i want to know some info on it if available.
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

i found this link http://www.automotive.com/2000/12/sa...lls/index.html

but want to know more about their reliability.
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

I heard they are absolute crap, reliability wise and just all around. What's ur budget? What are u lookin for?

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Friend of mine has an 01 with 175k miles on it. Her mom bought it new.

She drives the piss out of it, other than basic car maintenance it's been trouble free.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
          I heard they are absolute crap, reliability wise and just all around. What's ur budget? What are u lookin for?
          ok cool, good to know. Its not my budget, its my ex's. Im guessing she wants to spend around $3k. The tough part is that she is in Canada and I dont have access to check out these cars myself so she send me links and ask for info...Saturns i know nothing about.
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
            Friend of mine has an 01 with 175k miles on it. Her mom bought it new.

She drives the piss out of it, other than basic car maintenance it's been trouble free.
            shit, so two mixed reviews...thanks Josh
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              shit, so two mixed reviews...thanks Josh
              My sister had one about 3 years ago. Mileage was over 100k, but she only had it for about 2 months till she totaled it. Until then it drove perfectly fine.

But, I have no clue about what the previous owner's had done to it.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                Im guessing she wants to spend around $3k. The tough part is that she is in Canada
                Are 96-00 Civics in the same price range as here as in Canada?

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                  Are 96-00 Civics in the same price range as here as in Canada?
                  i think so, i told her to stay with hondas, toyotas and nissans. im searching as we speak.
                  1993 Accord LX - Sold
                  93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

Keep in mind they're not really Saturns, at least not made with the same philosophy that the originals were made with. I can't say they are awful cars, but there's a reason you don't see many on the road, despite the fact that they sold over 400k between 1999 and 2004.

Comment

She can prob get a 98-01 Altima... solid, but boring cars

Originally posted by lordoja
                      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

A saturn is a saturn, pretty mundane. Reliability-wise they're not horrible. We were a saturn dealership before miller pulled the plug on the GM/chrysler crossbred facility lol.

A friend of mine has a SL2. She has put 180k on it, original engine and trans. This is rare for these cars. In terms of the body and structural stuff, they're not bad at all. In terms of everything else, well...it's a Saturn/GM. They'll have their issues as anything else does, What else can I say lol.

you should, and she should check out www.carsurvey.org

Hope this helps.

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                          A saturn is a saturn, pretty mundane. Reliability-wise they're not horrible. We were a saturn dealership before miller pulled the plug on the GM/chrysler crossbred facility lol.

A friend of mine has a SL2. She has put 180k on it, original engine and trans. This is rare for these cars. In terms of the body and structural stuff, they're not bad at all. In terms of everything else, well...it's a Saturn/GM. They'll have their issues as anything else does, What else can I say lol.

you should, and she should check out www.carsurvey.org

Hope this helps.
                          The SL2 was a "real" Saturn. They weren't rebadged and slightly reskinned versions of other GM cars. The only real weakness in those was the transmission (auto and manual)... but only if you abused it. Those were actually VERY good cars, when used as intended (a buddy of mine souped one up, and with like 130whp, kept blowing transmissions!)

Now, the L Series... that's basically an Opel Vectra / Saab 9-5. As far as GM vehicles go, that'd be one of the better choices.

That was the great thing about Saturn. Much of their badge-engineered models were Opels. Better than the other GM brands got!

However, since Saturn has been sent to the chopping block... replacement parts for the Saturn-only parts might be hard to come by. Ordering Opel or Saab (which is also dead) parts could get pricey!

Comment

LOL deev...a "real" saturn.

life is good.

Comment

Yeah... they weren't rebadged anything. They were Saturns. The SL2 wasn't like, a cavalier with a Saturn badge on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X