Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where do people get these sigs from?!

took this pic from 1badacc's sig.

ive seen a lot of people on here have them and customize them to look like their car. is there some site that does these or whats the deal ?

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Ah yes, the monthly "where do the cartoon sigs come from" thread...

Some people find them online, some people steal others' sigs and modify them, some people make them from scratch. There are actually entire web forums dedicated to making these cars.

Comment

when I rocked one. it just changed somethings off a dudes sig pic to match my car

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Ok so if you can customize them. How? lol.

Edit: NVM it's kinda common scene as to you use PS.
        Last edited by brsteinbach; 01-24-2010, 05:52 PM.

^^^^^
        Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

it looks pixelated so im guessing you can use paint too

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

They're called mangacars. I had one in my signature for a while. I've seen some pretty sweet mangacars. But yes, there is an entire site dedicated to those, actually, there are probably quite a few.
            Last edited by nine_deuce; 01-24-2010, 06:43 PM.

Comment

I'm really deep into these cars and I tune them often. They're called pixelcars or mangacars. I've been trying to get blueprints to make an updated Base (stock pixelcar) for years now but I haven't gotten help with finding some good prints. The current CB7 bases are absolutely horrendous compared to more modern bases. If anyone can find me some good blueprints I can cook up a high quality base and release it to you guys. If you guys want any Bases let me know and I'll dig them up for you.

Some examples of the cars I've tuned (All done in MS Paint):
              Honda Integra:

Nissan Skyline:

Mercury Cougar:

Nissan 240SX's:

Note: The artists of these cars get very bent out of shape when folks use/display their tunes without permission. Bases are fine but tunes are considered stealing in their eyes... Just giving you guys a heads up. Just like photography, using someones art as your own is frowned upon.

Comment

Heres some accord bases for ya'

http://database.mangacars.fr/categories.php?cat_id=155

Just tune them in paint or Photoshop.

Oh and save all pixel cars as .png instead of .jpg / .bmp etc.
                Last edited by 1990accordex-r; 01-24-2010, 06:58 PM.

Comment

I was going to post that up later. Great place to find bases. ALWAYS save as .png

Comment

im tryin to get one right now but Im still waiting on it.

Comment

Tight

Comment

i did mine in ms paint a little time consuming but great turn out i wish i knew how to use photoshop tho

^^MY OLD RIDE
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3052591 <<**CURRENT DA9 BUILD**

Comment

Originally posted by 1badacc View Post
                          i did mine in ms paint a little time consuming but great turn out i wish i knew how to use photoshop tho
                          MS Paint is the way to go IMO. Everything is less complicated and makes your work easier to "re-work" if you choose to change or edit the tune in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                            MS Paint is the way to go IMO. Everything is less complicated and makes your work easier to "re-work" if you choose to change or edit the tune in the future.
                            i guess.. i like redoing mine when i add stuff to my car

^^MY OLD RIDE
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3052591 <<**CURRENT DA9 BUILD**

Comment

I "borrowed" someones from on here and spent a bit of time in MSpaint. That base model site was pretty cool though.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                              X