Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you say, Fast and the Furious? lol

Comment

i wouldnt drive/race a 87 camaro even if it had a 454 in it. i would rock an iroc convertible though
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i have personally seen many many money races. some for very large ridiculous amounts of cash. never personally seen a race for pink slips though
        My Members Ride Thread

Comment

I've witness a bunch of money runs. It's a regular thing where I'm from. It can be for $20 or $2000. The most I've ever witnessed someone win was $5000. At the time the car I was driving I bought for $500 and I was sixteen years old. From that point on, I was hooked. lol
          Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Side note, I've never raced for cash. I'm too much of a pussy. lol
            Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

^Me neither. But, like AccordKid, I have raced for lunch

I think it was 04 because I was just coming out of high school. I had saved up for months and months to buy a DC catback for my gutted civic hatch of that time, and I was all excited. Back then, I also thought my B18B owned the streets lmao well where I live it probably did for a while anyway. I told my friend from a neighboring high school that if I won against his V6 mustang, I got his brand-new 27" tv/dvd combo, and PS2 with a few games. Which back then was sex on toast to me. I told him if he won, he got my catback. Well, long story short, I bonked 3rd, missed, and that was that. Earlier we shook on it, and relunctantly I handed the parts over later that day.

A couple years later during college I saw him again. He was driving an EM1 at that time, and I went over to his place to shoot some hoops and have a beer. He pulled these dusty pipes out of his garage, and handed me the axle-back section and goes "here ya go dude". It was my old catback! he ended up never putting it on. He didn't want it anymore and his mom wanted it out of the way of her garage, so I took it back. Still have it sitting in the basement at my folk's place I believe. Last time I saw it down there, it took me right back to the day I lost it ahh good times...

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by freshnasty View Post
                can you say, Fast and the Furious? lol
                Sorry, but racing for pinks was going on WAY before those stupid movies came out. I was street racing before most of the members on here were born.

Damn, I just made myself feel old.

Comment

Street raced my 1969 oldsmobile 98 LS wiith a 454 big block for money a lot. I won those most of the time. Then someone said they wanted to race for pinks... but I didn't like his car, so we did it for $100. I could never imagine racing for pinks and actually losing my car. That would make me so sad.

Comment

The Pinks racing show on the speed channel isnt real, they always have the option to buy back the car for less than 1000 i believe.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                      Sorry, but racing for pinks was going on WAY before those stupid movies came out. I was street racing before most of the members on here were born.

Damn, I just made myself feel old.

oh yea, no doubt

Comment

in philly they race for cash all the time. almost every night.

never for pink slips that ive ever seen. noone really wants to get rid
                        of the car they love to build.

:Back In Business...

Comment

Visual Poet...that was a greats story...lol. You must be a nice guy, cause some people would have taken the car whether pop's was there or not

SOLD!!
                          Boosted H22
                          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Great story, Jon. Makes me wish I never lost my 75 Grand Am!

The only thing I ever raced for was a deep fried Snickers bar. My CB7 against a 2004 Jetta GLI (this was in 2006). My friend in the Jetta thought it was the fastest thing ever.

He still owes me that Snickers.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb View Post
                              Visual Poet...that was a greats story...lol. You must be a nice guy, cause some people would have taken the car whether pop's was there or not
                              Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Great story, Jon. Makes me wish I never lost my 75 Grand Am!

The only thing I ever raced for was a deep fried Snickers bar. My CB7 against a 2004 Jetta GLI (this was in 2006). My friend in the Jetta thought it was the fastest thing ever.

He still owes me that Snickers.
                              I was young and stupid. I actually felt bad about it he was crying so bad. And WTF was I supposed to do with his slow POS? I think it was more insulting to not take the car. If I'd been feeling dicky, I guess I could have said something along the lines of "I wouldn't take that slow piece of crap to give to someone."

Comment

Yeah, he insisted on pinks!

I had a guy at one of my jobs try to race me for pinks in his Millenia (the NA version) with 18" chromies on it. I said yes. He changed his tune quickly. Which is good... I have no interest in that car!

Comment

Working...
                                X