• Show
Clear All

pink slip race

do people actually do this?
    or money even?
    I'm talking about at the track.

street even for pinks.

There is a TV show in teh states.

I have only seen one pinks race in real life, on the streets.

Comment

yeah quatermile.
      more intrested in either touge or around a track.
      what was the race on the streets?

Comment

never seen it done, but yes there is a show on speed network. if done in real life, i'd hope it'd be evenly fair, so that its actually a worthwhile race and not a waste of time.

life is good.

Comment

One question.....

YOU GOIN' ALL OUT???????
          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
            One question.....

YOU GOIN' ALL OUT???????
            No, I'd like a 20 car lead.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

^^^

Comment

There was a guy who lost a new GTO at a track here.
                Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

IN Cali it's like that I've seen alot of cars lost due to pink slip racing and tons of cash lost as well, I rember on person lost 15,000 in 2 races.

Man those were the good days but now everyone is to cheap to race for money. RECESSION
                  NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                  DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Street races in ontario and fontana and a few in san diego...

ive been to 4 street races (bout an hour long) and only saw 1 PINK slip race BUT they knew each other for a while so i guess it wasn't that bad?

i got a 280 dollar ticket for attending :[ i was 16 n thought i was going to jail

i remember calling my parents crying hahaha i was a baby

.My Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
                      There is a TV show in teh states.

I have only seen one pinks race in real life, on the streets.
                      On pinks they don't race for pinks anymore

Comment

i wouldnt race for pinks unless i was garunteed guna win but i do race my friend for $5-$20...or lunch
                        92 Accord EX - SOLD

PSN: REDxMAN-_-

MR===>http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=146478

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                          On pinks they don't race for pinks anymore
                          i know it kinda sucks i loved seeing ppl lose the race then losing there ride lol...i'd cry if i lost my car in a race
                          92 Accord EX - SOLD

PSN: REDxMAN-_-

MR===>http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=146478

Comment

I used to race for cash on the street when I was much much younger. I was also driving an 11.5 second 1970 LeMans at the time, so it wasn't usually an issue.

The only time I did race for pinks, it was against some douchebag kid in his brand new (87) Camaro. He wouldn't STFU about how cool it was, how cool he was, how fast it was. He finally started to talk shit about my car, which was a bit beaten up on the outside; some rust and dents from various bumps and scrapes over the years, the vinyl had been peeled off the roof and the roof painted black, she was not beautiful.
                            I finally told him to put some money up or STFU and GTFO. I told him that for $100 I'd let him watch my taillights shrinking in the distance. He replied that he didn't have that much cash on him, but he'd race for titles. A couple of the other guys tried to warn him that it might not be a good idea to run me for pinks, but he was all about it, so we lined them up and went for it.
                            Before we'd even gone a quarter mile down the road, I look in the rearview and see him TURNING A CORNER!!! I jammed the brakes, spun the car around and took off after him. He wasn't hard to find, he'd turned into an apartment complex on the side street, and was turning around to come back out. I blocked the drive with my car and jumped out. He's got his girl in the car and they're both looking terrified, locking the doors and rolling up the windows. A couple of the other guys that hung around had seen him turn and they'd jumped in their cars and headed over to keep him from running. When they got there, he's already crying in the car: REAL crying, sobbing, snot, the works.
                            Turns out it's not his car, it's his dad's. We made him drive back to the restaraunt we all hung at and explain it to everyone (Much flaming and verbal abuse from the crowd I ran with back then). Then we made him call his dad and tell him what had happened and that we were making him stay there until he somehow made up the loss of my brand new Camaro to me.
                            His dad asked him to talk to me (since I was the one he owed the car to) and asked what it would take to make things right. I told him that I'd originally offered to race for $100, that his son had offered to run for titles. His dad said he thought we could work something out and I gave the phone back to douchebag.
                            Two hours later his dad shows up with, talks to his kid, and offers me $500! Then he tells me that it's the money the kid's been saving for his own actual car. I told him I'd take the $100, because that's what I had to bet with myself, and he said that was fine by him, then told the kid that he (the dad) was keeping the rest for himself because the kid had been abusing daddy's new car.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                              Turns out it's not his car, it's his dad's. We made him drive back to the restaraunt we all hung at and explain it to everyone (Much flaming and verbal abuse from the crowd I ran with back then). Then we made him call his dad and tell him what had happened and that we were making him stay there until he somehow made up the loss of my brand new Camaro to me.
                              His dad asked him to talk to me (since I was the one he owed the car to) and asked what it would take to make things right. I told him that I'd originally offered to race for $100, that his son had offered to run for titles. His dad said he thought we could work something out and I gave the phone back to douchebag.
                              Two hours later his dad shows up with, talks to his kid, and offers me $500! Then he tells me that it's the money the kid's been saving for his own actual car. I told him I'd take the $100, because that's what I had to bet with myself, and he said that was fine by him, then told the kid that he (the dad) was keeping the rest for himself because the kid had been abusing daddy's new car.
                              bahaha sounds like something that would happen to me...

cept i wudnt lose hahahaha

.My Ride.

Comment

Working...
                              X