This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bible inscriptions on military scopes.

Has anybody heard about this? If so what do you think?
    http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749...apons-17700769
    _

I think it's just being taken too far. I say, so what. Next thing you know In-N-Out burgers will get the same heat, because their paper trays and wrappers have biblical references on them. .. Burgers kill just like guns lol.

here's a perfect theme song for this topic!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIZVx7uoZvM

-:¦:-
    Originally posted by wed3k
    i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Its kinda fucked up honestly, with the 8:12 at least, its like they were trying to get noticed. I dont agree with all that now since it has caused unnecessary publicity. And now the company got so many millions on a contract to do more...eh...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

YEah I just think, ya know the bible is about love and peace. IF your going to shoot someone, than I would guess your considered a hipocrite. Although, if you did not realize what it was or care what it is, than your not. I think if your a believer in christ and "Like" the verse on your gun, than your a hypocrite, but if your a believer, and don't like having that on your gun, than you are not. Understand?

_
        _

Comment

you raise a good point sir. i'm not too sure how to feel about this

life is good.

Comment

I see nothing wrong with this. Fact of the matter is that we live in a fucked up world, and some people need to be shot. Thats military stuff. Having a problem with biblical references in the military is pointless. Just because you believe in God, does that mean your not gonna serve your country? Our fellow americans do shit that most of us couldn't imagine, and they have to, or they'll die. weigh it. Alot of em probably rehearse biblical stuff(IDK the proper wording) all day, just to try and keep there sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by 93.4dr.22A1 View Post
              I see nothing wrong with this. Fact of the matter is that we live in a fucked up world, and some people need to be shot. Thats military stuff. Having a problem with biblical references in the military is pointless. Just because you believe in God, does that mean your not gonna serve your country? Our fellow americans do shit that most of us couldn't imagine, and they have to, or they'll die. weigh it. Alot of em probably rehearse biblical stuff(IDK the proper wording) all day, just to try and keep there sanity.
              Very true. I will try my best to keep an open mind, I would not like to cause controversy within this thread just ideas, and feelings.
              _

Comment

I personally wouldn't be for any sort of scriptures mixed with the military. To me it seems like if you are a christian and someone else on the "enemy' army is also a christian than you'd be killing or shooting at your brother/sister. And comparing the way that isreal fought back in the day compared to today is not realistic either. Isreal was to offer terms of surrender to their foes before they attacked any city because with God on their side it was to them considered a automatic win (even though the other nations didn't know, or didn't care)...and many times in the scriptures God did more of the fighting than did the isrealites.... but that's just my .02
                WTB:
                88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
                OR
                90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

I consider myself to be a very conservative Christian. I believe in God, I believe in sin, I believe in Christ's redemption of my sins, I believe Christ is the only one single path to heaven. ANYWAY, if it's simply the tradition of the company to do this with their products then I see no harm done really. We purchase products all the time that have the logo or moto of the company, it's simply an external expression of what the company wants outsiders to view it as.

On the other hand I believe way too many people think the Iraq war is fully justified just because the main religion there is Muslim and their quran supports killing of anyone who refuses their beliefs, especially Christians (in general). My issue with this is that to some the situation in Iraq is turning into just another "holy war" of Christians taking it upon themselves to eradicate the world of those who hate Christians. Trust me, alot of Christians, especially the older generation, believe this very statement. If the weapons manufacturer is putting these verse references on their weapons as a way of saying "this weapon is accomplishing God's will by shooting you in the FACE!" then I have a huge problem with it. It's not man's place to attempt to decide God's will.
                  Last edited by 19dabeast85; 01-20-2010, 01:24 AM.
                  My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

hmm very interesting

no
                    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                    $30 HID kits here Thread
                    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                      I consider myself to be a very conservative Christian. I believe in God, I believe in sin, I believe in Christ's redemption of my sins, I believe Christ is the only one single path to heaven. ANYWAY, if it's simply the tradition of the company to do this with their products then I see no harm done really. We purchase products all the time that have the logo or moto of the company, it's simply an external expression of what the company wants outsiders to view it as.

On the other hand I believe way too many people think the Iraq war is fully justified just because the main religion there is Muslim and their quran supports killing of anyone who refuses their beliefs, especially Christians (in general). My issue with this is that to some the situation in Iraq is turning into just another "holy war" of Christians taking it upon themselves to eradicate the world of those who hate Christians. Trust me, alot of Christians, especially the older generation, believe this very statement. If the weapons manufacturer is putting these verse references on their weapons as a way of saying "this weapon is accomplishing God's will by shooting you in the FACE!" then I have a huge problem with it. It's not man's place to attempt to decide God's will.
                      That is very true (and your statement can be appreciated by religious and non-religious alike).

Having religious messages on products is the business of the company that produces them, in most cases. Chick Fil A, for example... closed on Sundays, and it says inside the store "we're closed on Sundays so our employees may have the day to worship, or spend time with family". That doesn't offend me, a relatively non-religious person (though I do have a Catholic background), at all... aside from the fact I always crave freakin Chick Fil A on Sunday...

However, military weapons are a different story. This war, like many wars, is religiously charged. It's not our god against theirs... but their religious ideals play a strong role in their motivation. A suicide bomber isn't sacrificing himself just to take out a handful of US soldiers... he's sacrificing himself because he firmly believes that he is going to heaven for his actions.
                      Having bible verses on our weapons only strengthens the idea that we're different. That we're targets. Also, our military isn't made up of all Christians. Jews, Muslims, Athiests, Agnostics, Buddhists, Hindus... and more, I'm sure... they're all in our military. Why should they have to wield a mandatory weapon that's branded with a belief that they don't share?

Worse yet... as mentioned above... why should any Christian want to wield a killing device that proclaims the love of Jesus Christ? To me, that's utter blasphemy. If you want to preach the message of Jesus Christ... don't make weapons. That's like a pimp that preaches abstinence.

Comment

I dont see what the big deal is.
                        -Will

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
                          I dont see what the big deal is.
                          Would you have a problem with an inscription from the Koran on your weapon?

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN View Post
                            Win.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Would you have a problem with an inscription from the Koran on your weapon?
                              No cause I dont care about the Koran, they can believe what they want.
                              -Will

Comment

Working...
                              X