I want to go to Haiti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to go to Haiti

I've been seriously considering flying to the Dominican Republic to help in Haiti. I have no job right now. That means I've got the time but not the cash. Would anyone be willing to donate money to me so I could buy a ticket to the Dominican Republic?

I've not looked at flights yet but flying from Japan would be more expensive. I just wanted to see if there's any interest. What do you think?
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

I applaud you sir.

Are you in the medical field?
    Originally posted by chessboxer
    We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
    Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

i think you should worry about yourself first if you have no money.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I'm not a doctor or EMT. Just a guy with the time and desire to help.

Wed3k, I'm living in Japan with my Fiance. Getting a job is relatively slim. I tutor once or twice a week but that's about it. I'm doing fine here but looking forward to working once I get back to North America.

I was thinking about trying to contact an air carrier to see if they'd donate a ticket but I'm seriously doubting that'd happen. I just wanted to mention this here to get your feedback.
        My Car

Comment

oh damn, i thought you moved back already. i was wondering why you mentioned flying from japan
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

contact peacecorp

no
            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
            $30 HID kits here Thread
            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

If you want to help, go to the local community and feed hungry kids
              14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                oh damn, i thought you moved back already. i was wondering why you mentioned flying from japan
                Nope, still in Japan. Was home for three weeks but I'm back now. Like I said, I have lots of time and I really would like to help out but I can't swing it financially. If I could get a free ticket I'd leave tomorrow.
                My Car

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                  contact peacecorp
                  Peacecorps is all well and good but I don't want to LIVE in Haiti or the likes for a year or two. I'm getting a bit tired of living away from North America and I'd like to start my career in the near future. I have thought about joining the Peacecorps though.
                  My Car

Comment

well cleanup there isnt gonna be fast. you might as well. that or pick a different country. i cant join peacecorps since i dont have a degree in anything. if i did i would be in it already. i know how you feel though i really do

no
                    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                    $30 HID kits here Thread
                    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Negative, Stand Down.

Its been advised since there is no water, food or shelter on the ground in the hardest hit. its best that you not go.

I know its hard to accept but they said that the chances of diseases spreading and everything else going to hell, is relatively high right now.

But I do understand, its painful watching the people go through that shit and not having the right kind of help.

Comment

i want to go too...

i really would love the opportunity to help.

also even tho im sure this will bother some people, i would love to go photograph as well.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                        The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                          i want to go too...

i really would love the opportunity to help.

also even tho im sure this will bother some people, i would love to go photograph as well.
                          that doesnt bother me for sure, images always help people realize the situation. hearing about it is one thing, seeing it...well, definitely puts mor emotion into it.

I would love to help, but being where Im at, its just simply not happening. Id be able to do it from DR too since I have a house and vehicle down there, but doubt the military will let me do that.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

No you don't. Most people are not mentally equipped for the kinds of things they are going to see or deal with there.

Nor are they actually much of a help due to lack of training.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                              No you don't. Most people are not mentally equipped for the kinds of things they are going to see or deal with there.

Nor are they actually much of a help due to lack of training.
                              If all I can do is help bury people, it'd suck but I'd do it because that's what I'd have to do to help.
                              My Car

Comment

Working...
                              X