Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earthquake in Haiti

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cb_haiti_earthquake

Officials feared thousands — perhaps more than 100,000 — may have perished but there was no firm count.

Death was everywhere in Port-au-Prince. Bodies of tiny children were piled next to schools. Corpses of women lay on the street with stunned expressions frozen on their faces as flies began to gather. Bodies of men were covered with plastic tarps or cotton sheets
    This is extremely sad and that's ALOT of people. Just to give everyone an idea, it'd be like one of these cities being wiped off the map...

Charleston, South Carolina
    Manchester, New Hampshire
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Waterbury, Connecticut
    Elgin, Illinois
    West Covina, California
    Cambridge, Massachusetts
    Billings, Montana
    Erie, Pennsylvania
    San Buenaventura (Ventura), California
    Fairfield, California
    Burbank, California
    Pompano Beach, Florida
    Murfreesboro, Tennessee
    Green Bay, Wisconsin
    Davenport, Iowa
    Columbia, Missouri

I live in Columbia. Thats ALOT of people.

Dont really know what to say to such a disaster. All you can really do is pray for those with loved ones there and hope the best possible outcome for everyone.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Times like these make me with I was trained in rescue so I could go help.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

yeah i think it was last night that I saw that. didnt know you can get earth quakes in the Caribbean

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Dont know if this is the same earthquake but its kinda crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzBnyRDwQxE
        My FB Page - http://www.facebook.com/hellaflush3d

My 3D Work --> http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/

Comment

Unfortunately Haiti has always been plagued with frequent earthquakes. I had some extended family down there, but after the last major one a couple years ago, they were able to move here.

Definitely sad to hear.

Comment

Population control.

That nation was doomed to begin with.

For being the worlds oldest black republic, they've done fuck all with that country.

It's a damn shame.

Let that place burn and hopefully they can rebuild something worth living in.

As it stands (and having traveled to Haiti), that is one of the most despicable places on earth.
            14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post

As it stands (and having traveled to Haiti), that is one of the most despicable places on earth.
              Umm...I sure hope there's no haitians here

I've heard the same, unfortunately. It doesn't matter how disgusting a country may be, it's still tragic, and it's still a huge loss of life. Sad, really.

life is good.

Comment

that earthquake was some pretty fucked up shit. hope they start fresh this time

no
                Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                $30 HID kits here Thread
                "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

I'm pretty sure burning the whole place was what got them in the horrible situation they are in right now.

Basically no natural resources, besides maybe limestone mining and minimal industry, the country virtually survives solely on foreign aid. It's pretty sad.

I've been there twice.
                  RIP

Bought from : LosiRacer2, h22anow

Comment

Population control.

That nation was doomed to begin with.

For being the worlds oldest black republic, they've done fuck all with that country.

It's a damn shame.

population control indeed. there's too many people on this planet.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

but how do you decide who dies and who doesnt?

Comment

so china is next right? no more cheap fake stuff?????

no
                        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                        $30 HID kits here Thread
                        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
                          but how do you decide who dies and who doesnt?
                          i dont decide...it just happens. it's called the circle of life or god, however you want to interpret it. people just need to start dying.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I don't think there's a need for "population control". The planet can still hold lots more people.
                            My Car
                            FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                              population control indeed. there's too many people on this planet.
                              Georgia Guidestones...?

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
                              I don't think there's a need for "population control". The planet can still hold lots more people.
                              Thats not what the Georgia Guidestones say...

Earthquakes can happen anywhere there is a fault line. There doesnt even have to be a fault line for it to be felt. Depending on the magnitude of the quake, it could be felt 100s of miles away. Apparently scientists have been specualting about this quake for some time.

As for it being a shithole, i dont know, as ive never been. Third-world country or not, i still wouldnt wish it upon anyone.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                              X