Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please. Going to DMV today, what do I need for tags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please. Going to DMV today, what do I need for tags?

I'm not sure if it matters, but I live in Cali. Anyways, I lost my paper that I got in the mail to register online, since I don't need a smog. When I go to the DMV this morning, is there anything they're gonna need? They always want something, since it's their job to make it difficult for us to do the simplest task.

I have a copy of my pink, can I just walk in with poof of ownership and pay for reg so I can get my new tag?

I'm not sure how it is in Cali, but...

If you're registering a car for the first time here you need two proofs of ID and 1 proof of residence.

If you're just renewing your tag, you need the emissions paper and your old registration.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

www.dmv.ca.gov ?

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808 View Post

Thanks smartass =P

I'm at work right now, no time to search.

Comment

Just bring your id, pink slip, old registration from 2008, maybe car insurance. Did you smog test it recently?

Comment

We're not your google. Hope you did some searching at lunch

Comment

Originally posted by Prez808 View Post
              We're not your google. Hope you did some searching at lunch
              haha, yes you guys are. thanks for blowing my cover(for those that it might not have been obvious to)

anyways, i went. and apparently for re-reg, they dont give a shit. for most things you have to fill out forms, to get forms... fill out those forms to get what you need.

all they wanted was the plate # and money. they didnt ask who i was, if it was my car or anything like that.

Comment

i went to the dmv today also for tags

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123 View Post
                  i went to the dmv today also for tags

Nice. Jan 2011 ftw!!!

Comment

Gotta get a dealers license. Dealers get to go to a special DMV not open to the public. In and out in 20 mins

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Working...
                    X