Roadtest Prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roadtest Prep

Hey guys i'll be taking my roadtest next month and i was wondering does anybody got tips to share.. I know it varies from state to state but give me the rundown.. the whole 9 yards.. let me know what to encounter.... What does the examiner look for.... Just give a brotha some tips.. I can't stop thinking about this even though its one month away lol. This shit is giving me butterflies, i literally went to the bathroom 3 times.. i mean this should happen on the day of the roadtest not a month away

Help a fellow out

Anyone from Boston took it at the Dorchester Armory let me know...
    http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

tips... ALWAYS do a FULL stop (none of that california roll nonsense), signal, and ALWAYS look... usually the guy will look for those things... and don't hit any cones when you parallel park, always use signals for the K turn (this is for NJ btw)

Comment

Originally posted by brownaznkid
      tips... ALWAYS do a FULL stop (none of that california roll nonsense), signal, and ALWAYS look... usually the guy will look for those things... and don't hit any cones when you parallel park, always use signals for the K turn (this is for NJ btw)

anymore tips? what do they look for? they grade you on posture? how u check mirrors? and how u start the car?

i heard the state police which are the examiner here don't like u looking at mirrors.. they want you to look out the windows...

i drive prefectly good..been driving 5 months now with a permit and with pops and no accident as of yet.

hey brown do u mind if we talk on AIM?

Comment

Get in the car. Put on your seatbelt. Check your mirrors, and adjust them so you can see (go through the motions if they're already where you want them.) Turn on the car. Make it obvious that you're looking before you begin to move. Once you get to the road, come to a complete stop. Look both ways (turning right, I always look left-right-left-turn). ALWAYS use your signal. If it's raining, be sure to put BOTH your lights AND wipers on. Many people forget the lights. In NJ it's law, in MA it'll be either law, or recommended. Regardless, it's smart to do.

When you do your K turn, take it easy. Use your mirrors, and be sure to check for traffic. Put your left signal on while stopped, then begin the K turn. Turn left, stop while sideways across the left lane, put your right signal on. Back up, successfully turning around. Then go back for your parallel park.

When parallel parking DO NOT hit the curb! You can do it more than once, but you will lose points and potentially fail if you curb the car. When you approach the spot, stop just slightly after it (you should know about this...) Put your right signal on, and proceed to stick you ass in. Parallel park as you normally would. When exiting the spot, be sure to use your left signal. Many people are so happy that they actually PP'd the car that they forgot to do that!

Other tips: Always keep your hands where they should be (on the wheel when not signaling or shifting, or looking behind you).
        Always check your mirriors, AND look around. Never solely trust your mirrors (that goes for life, not just the test).
        ALWAYS signal if you are changing directions in any way. Just ask yourself "would someone behind or in front of me want to know what the heck I'm doing?"
        Don't talk to the tester too much, but converse if they are friendly. Just don't seem distracted. DON'T talk with your hands!

Comment

WTF is a K turn

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
            WTF is a K turn
            3 point turn?

the only thing i got marked down for was not looking into side streets or people that had to yeild for me.

i was so nervous, the first couple seconds, i couldnt even press the gas pedal...
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

maple failed his the first time b/c he almost hit some guy. . . lol

Comment

here in PA, you don't need to do the k-turn. All you do is drive on the roads like normal, but you have to parallel park before the first time. If you hit a cone, then you auto. fail.

It sucked when I took mine, I was in my parents bimmer (6-spd), and the parallel parking spot was on a hill (***), I didn't it the cones though.

Comment

keep it coming guys

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    Get in the car. Put on your seatbelt. Check your mirrors, and adjust them so you can see (go through the motions if they're already where you want them.) Turn on the car. Make it obvious that you're looking before you begin to move. Once you get to the road, come to a complete stop. Look both ways (turning right, I always look left-right-left-turn). ALWAYS use your signal. If it's raining, be sure to put BOTH your lights AND wipers on. Many people forget the lights. In NJ it's law, in MA it'll be either law, or recommended. Regardless, it's smart to do.

When you do your K turn, take it easy. Use your mirrors, and be sure to check for traffic. Put your left signal on while stopped, then begin the K turn. Turn left, stop while sideways across the left lane, put your right signal on. Back up, successfully turning around. Then go back for your parallel park.

When parallel parking DO NOT hit the curb! You can do it more than once, but you will lose points and potentially fail if you curb the car. When you approach the spot, stop just slightly after it (you should know about this...) Put your right signal on, and proceed to stick you ass in. Parallel park as you normally would. When exiting the spot, be sure to use your left signal. Many people are so happy that they actually PP'd the car that they forgot to do that!

Other tips: Always keep your hands where they should be (on the wheel when not signaling or shifting, or looking behind you).
                    Always check your mirriors, AND look around. Never solely trust your mirrors (that goes for life, not just the test).
                    ALWAYS signal if you are changing directions in any way. Just ask yourself "would someone behind or in front of me want to know what the heck I'm doing?"
                    Don't talk to the tester too much, but converse if they are friendly. Just don't seem distracted. DON'T talk with your hands!

That was helpful thanks man... i appreciate you took the time to explain and write it all out...

Comment

so they only write down what you got wrong?

am i allowed to use the horns or blink the lights during roadtest?

thanks guy i appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by soon2bdropped
                        so they only write down what you got wrong?

am i allowed to use the horns or blink the lights during roadtest?

thanks guy i appreciate it
                        you shouldnt have to really, i took my test on rural roads so there wasnt much traffic to worry about, i didnt get a sheet of paper that had everything they graded on it, i foget what they gave me to take to the DMV, deevergote hit it right on the head, i dont have much more to add

Comment

Working...
                        X