timelime of my accord history with a sad ending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

timelime of my accord history with a sad ending

well.. it was bound to happen to me as well.. as it did my step dad.. this is a story so if u could care-less to read then scroll to the bottom i may have cliff notes.. lol..

about 3-4years ago my step dad purchased a 1993 Honda Accord Lx 4-dr in that taupe color with that red interior some of u hate..

well at first i hated the damn thing too... i just didnt like it.. dunno why just didnt.. after a while.. the car grew on me.. and i wanted to learn how to drive manual.. my step dad and i installed a small stereo setup to keep our ears happy.. nice headunit.. door speakers.. rear decks... and 2 subs.. no major brands.. "wal-mart" shit if u will.. next.. was a short ram from discount auto parts.. or what its known as now.. advance auto parts.. no instructions.. no nothing..my step dad and i figured it out.. got it in.. and it ran ok.. sounded cool as fuck.. the coolest part was the hizzing sound it made when u turned it off

moving on.. one day my step dad came home and the car was sounding loud.. louder than normal he got a cherrybomb put on and a 4" tip.. that u could barely see.. it wasnt annoying and didnt look stupid.. step dad start having some spirited driving fun.. and he got me hooked

one day.. the oil light desided to come on.. we just figured its low on oil. because it had been dripping a small amount every now and then parked into a gas station.. got some oil.. poured it in.. checked it.. it was 3/4 almost full.. so were driving.. come up to a light.. and a 90-93 integra pulls up next to us.. revved a lil.. my step dad got into that position where u knew it was gonna go down.. light turned green.. they both went at it.. we were at the integras door when BAM... oil light came on. started making some nasty noises.. so we pulled into a Publix.. and came to the conclusion the motor was down.. Oil pump failure...
    month or two passes and it gets rebuilt... stronger than ever.. milled head.. mild p&p the mechanic did for free.. after some time.. it got passed to my sister.. and she was a racing freak as was i.. so we had fun together.. anyway.. after a while.. the car needed repairs she couldnt afford to do.. basiclly she neglected it.. it came to the point where she snapped a radius rod and still drove around for a while somehow till the tire ended up rubbing the back of the fender

so it sat in the garage.. after some time.. i desided to fix it.. pulled all in the interior out.. stripped it completely and rebuilt it slowly fixing things it had wrong here and there.. till it was finally drive-able.. without thinking twice i handed the keys back to my sister.. and the saga of neglect continued.. but no matter i was the sucker who was always there to fix the problem.. after some time i sold my third generation accord to mike(Deevergote) and even used some of that money on her accord.. purchasing steven's(ATX) Dc sports ceramic header.. and buying a Cold air intake from Rebels.. time goes on.. and i finally purchase my very own.. cb7... hell im such a car nut the very first day i had to do something to it.. i put on the old short ram my sisters accord had..put on black bumper lenses.. clear corners and cleaned it like hell. then i D.I.Y'd the headlights and grill.. then some plug wires.. then a muffler.. basiclly lil shit.. to pass the time by.. well.. my car is no longer lifeless.. 4 days ago the oil light started to flicker.. rapidly very dimly.. i figured it must be going low on oil.. i pull into my job..(nike factory) and check the oil.. its fine.. so i figure ill check it when i come out again since i was almost late.. check it again.. and its fine.. get back in and its flickering.. after a while it stopped.. i ignored it since i dont have any cash to fix it

finally on xmas day it does it again.. but this time the light just stays on.. my heart is at my throat but with faith i hope to make it to work and back before i retire the car.. it makes it to work just fine.. but on the way home.. i began to hear oh so familiar sounds.. i knew to well what was happening.. Oil pump failure at its finest..
    the valvetrain becomes loudly clappy i hear what i believe to be rod knock?? or some form of metal on metal.. with no lubrication....

as i pulled next to my new house the car just shut off.. and there it sits.. needing a new motor...

hopefully soon i will be able to replace.. just desided to post something long since i havent posted in a while.. due to not having internet..

cliff notes-
    -story of how i got involved with accords
    -step dad's accord goes boom
    -rebuilds motor...stronger faster
    -hands it down to my sister..
    -i fix it repair it.. blah blah..
    -sell my third gen..
    -bought my own 4th gen
    -oil pump failure- fucked motor
    -finally have my own place again.. after 3 months from the hurricane
    -mom bought a house... 4bdroom 2bath.. pool.. nice cribizzle..

The end.. lol..

C-los

Praise The Lowered...

i appreciate the spark notes
    To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

sadness
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Wow... I have a story like that with my Integra....
        1990 Integra Sedan
        My Tech Site Join. Contribute.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Los...hopefully a F20A will soon find its way to u...u 2.0 whore

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Working...
          X