Dog was Shot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog was Shot.

Oro Valley police seek public help in dog shooting (w/ photo)
    Anyone with information asked to call 88-CRIME
    By Brian J. Pedersen
    Arizona Daily Star
    Tucson, Arizona | Published: 01.07.2010
    advertisementOro Valley police and a local animal cruelty task force are looking for help in finding whoever shot a small dog on New Year’s Eve.
    The 11-year-old Whippet, whose name is Winchester, was found on Jan. 1 lying semi-conscious by a pet sitter visiting a home in the 10700 block of North Sand Canyon Place, near North La Cholla Boulevard and West Naranja Drive, said Liz Wright, a spokeswoman for the Oro Valley Police Department.
    The dog, which was found just inside the home’s doggie door, had surgery to remove a “mushroom pellet” from its spinal cord, according to a police report.
    The dog is in stable condition, said Jennifer Klaus, the veterinarian tending to Winchester. The dog’s condition has improved since surgery, and it’s chances of survival looking good, she said.
    Officials believe the animal was shot with some form of pneumatic weapon some time on Dec. 31 or Jan. 1, according to a news release issued by the Animal Cruelty Taskforce of Southern Arizona.
    Anyone with information is encouraged to call 88-CRIME.

Wow. Cruel, lame. Not impressed

What legal reprocussions does this hold for whoever is responsible?

life is good.

Comment

Who shoots a dog?

Comment

he got shot with a air gun aka pneumatic weapon. some jerk with a BB gun most likely...fucking assholes

no
        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
        $30 HID kits here Thread
        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Crimes against animals should be punished more severely than crimes against adults. Hurting an anima is like hurting a baby. They don't know any better, they don't know enough to expect or avoid it.

There should also be a law that makes people exempt from assault and battery charges if they beat the shit out of an animal abuser.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Crimes against animals should be punished more severely than crimes against adults. Hurting an anima is like hurting a baby. They don't know any better, they don't know enough to expect or avoid it.

There should also be a law that makes people exempt from assault and battery charges if they beat the shit out of an animal abuser.
            this is different per state , but in some states aminals are treated in the eyes of the law like proptery , like a farmer and cattle etc etc ,although aminal cruality laws have gotten stiffer in recent years .
            WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

The only time you shoot a dog is if its rabid and or killing/harming YOUR animals with no known owner. But to shoot somebodys fucking pet for no reason is just fucked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
                The only time you shoot a dog is if its rabid and or killing/harming YOUR animals with no known owner. But to shoot somebodys fucking pet for no reason is just fucked up.
                I couldent agree more
                WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

I dont know, but I have never really liked OVPD, cause they are pricks. But i will be honest, if they can find whoever did this, I will have some respect for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
                    Exactly. Hell, nearly decked a guy just for saying my dog was ugly!

If an animal is attacking, then you have the right to defend yourself... that is, if you weren't stupid enough to agitate it.

I got bit at work a few weeks ago. Two huskies were on the back porch of a house I was visiting. They were on an invisible fence, so they couldn't leave the yard... but there was no sign alerting people ENTERING the yard that there were dogs present! It was dark, and I was well into the "fenced" area by the time the dogs heard me. One wanted to play, the other wanted dinner.
                    I carry my pen like a weapon, and I have a spike that I carry in my folder to use as well. I saw the dogs, and even took the bite, without any thought of harming them. I was in THEIR territory, and they were merely defending it.

I do blame the owners, though. There should be a sign posted. If I wasn't already working in a legal gray area, I'd have called the cops on them. Not that I'd get anything anyway... the people I talk to don't have anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X