Red Light Cameras = Speed Cams Too???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Light Cameras = Speed Cams Too???

As the title asks, does anyone know if Red Light Cams double as speed cams as well?

I go through one every morning so i know the intersection and not to run through it. Well a few months back as i was going through a GREEN light, it flashed. I dont know if maybe i accidentally hit the turn lane marker or what, but i never got a ticket.

Well, this morning, it happened again. Double checking the light, it was green, and checking the surrounding cars, no one had run any turn lights or any other lights, so i kept going. Well, a few seconds later, it occured to me that i was doing right on 45mph in a 35mph zone.
    Now, the last time the light flashed, i didnt note my speed, but i was going with the flow and its usually 40-45mph on that particualr stretch of road.

So, my question to everyone is, have you ever been caught by a red light cam for speeding rather than running the light? Does anyone know if they double as speed cams also?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

I have not seen one here in NYC for speeding. and even if there was it would not last long since here we bag them shits down lol

Links to my rides :
    1992 Accord EX*
    1990 Accord EX
    1991 Accord SE (4th)
    1991 Accord SE (3rd)
    1991 Accord SE (2ND)
    1991 Accord SE

Comment

Well, there are 2 in this town. Back home in KC, theyre everywhere. I know they take your pic when you run the yellow and/or red but i dont know that they can detect speed as well. I mean, time will tell if they do or not, i just think its weird that it flashed at me and i dwasnt running a light.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
        Well, there are 2 in this town. Back home in KC, theyre everywhere. I know they take your pic when you run the yellow and/or red but i dont know that they can detect speed as well. I mean, time will tell if they do or not, i just think its weird that it flashed at me and i dwasnt running a light.

in Colorado they have Vans that have speed cams and take a picture of the driver and the plate so you can't say it was not you. there trying this in other states.

Links to my rides :
        1992 Accord EX*
        1990 Accord EX
        1991 Accord SE (4th)
        1991 Accord SE (3rd)
        1991 Accord SE (2ND)
        1991 Accord SE

Comment

Ours only did the lights. They turned them off here. They said it was not enough evidence to convict someone.

Comment

Originally posted by hondadiablo View Post
            Ours only did the lights. They turned them off here. They said it was not enough evidence to convict someone.
            here they always had evidence. its been here since there early 90's. but now most are there taking no pictures since most are hitting them to face the wall lol

Links to my rides :
            1992 Accord EX*
            1990 Accord EX
            1991 Accord SE (4th)
            1991 Accord SE (3rd)
            1991 Accord SE (2ND)
            1991 Accord SE

Comment

Red light cams are rare in NC, i know that.

I just know that intersection, so im always attentive to the light as to not run it. Well, it was green but as i was midway through the intersection, it flashed in front of me and behind me and i was like "WTF??". Cuz i knew the light was green and there was a big bus in the left-turn lane so i couldnt have tripped the turn marker. I dont know..

Comment

maybe it was for bus?

Links to my rides :
                1992 Accord EX*
                1990 Accord EX
                1991 Accord SE (4th)
                1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                1991 Accord SE

Comment

Maybe the camera likes your car. LOL

Comment

The bus wasnt runnign the light.

As for it liking my car, maybe. I should drive around with a chessboard on my dash and run red lights. That way itll look like im playing chess when i run red lights.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                      The bus wasnt runnign the light.

As for it liking my car, maybe. I should drive around with a chessboard on my dash and run red lights. That way itll look like im playing chess when i run red lights.

lmao You would definitely make the news.

Comment

How do you look at them? Like didnt Aww_Shiet post pics from a city cam and it was of his car.

Comment

state website? ticket #?

did you get one?

Links to my rides :
                          1992 Accord EX*
                          1990 Accord EX
                          1991 Accord SE (4th)
                          1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                          1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                          1991 Accord SE

Comment

I didnt get a ticket from the first time a few months ago and the 2nd time was just this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondateck2010 View Post
                              in Colorado they have Vans that have speed cams and take a picture of the driver and the plate so you can't say it was not you. there trying this in other states.
                              they tried that here...didnt work...once they got the pic of you inside a car it was considered an "invasion of privacy" as the photo would be mailed to the licence plate holders home....a LOT of pics were take and guys wives were not the one besides them in the car late at night

but as far as i know, those cameras do not have radar guns....their simply cameras that activate once the light changes
                              ..[CB7][STAR]..
                              MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Working...
                              X