Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SHIIITTT!!!!! my washer stopped working mid-cycle, wtf????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHIIITTT!!!!! my washer stopped working mid-cycle, wtf????

any of you know anything about appliances???

the washer started and i walked away. i go back to put the clothes in the dryer and all i see is a washer full of water and clothes. i dont know at what point it stopped, but now it wont do anything. there is some power getting to it, i just dont know where the weak link is.

here is a video of what it sounds like when i try to turn it on.(it might take a few minutes to work, i just uploaded it)

after i turn the wheel and pull the knob, you can hear a loud humming... thats when its supposed to be filling with water. then i turn the knob again, a little, and the quieter hum is during the spin cycle.

what gives.

its an older model whirlpool 7cycle "heavy duty supreme"(arent they all)... if there is, could it be fuse related? or would i hear absolutely nothing if it was a fuse?
    Last edited by DrLove'sKuDang; 01-05-2010, 09:43 PM.

Sorry bro. I don't know anything about appliances but I thought I'd fix ur vid.
    Last edited by brsteinbach; 01-05-2010, 09:49 PM.

^^^^^
    Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

thanks.

and it still says error, but if you click on HD, it works.

Comment

sounds like your motor is burnt up. open the back and smell does it smell like it burnt up in there?

and also.

what make/model you have that will help me solve your problem too
        You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
        Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

you need to feed her.
          my girlfriend gets mad and stops working when I do not feed her also.

jk. good luck man.
          MadLab Racing
          Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
            sounds like your motor is burnt up. open the back and smell does it smell like it burnt up in there?

and also.

what make/model you have that will help me solve your problem too
            ill find out the model.

if it was the motor, would that affect the filling of water?

it did the first time when i started the load, but now water wont fill.

Comment

well if the motor is blew it would still fill with water.

maybe check your fuses? and see if maybe one of the wires shorted out that you can see
              You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
              Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

make sure the safety switch that doesnt let it turn on unless the lid is closed is working ok

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                  make sure the safety switch that doesnt let it turn on unless the lid is closed is working ok
                  What I was going to say, most of the time this is what causes the washer to randomly shut off. Take a screwdriver or something and push the switch all the way down manually and see if it starts spinning.
                  My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

check your agitator. remove the casing from your washer and look below it. its a plastic piece hooked up to the motor. those are ment to break over time so just replace it if it appears to be broken.

it looks like this.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                      What I was going to say, most of the time this is what causes the washer to randomly shut off. Take a screwdriver or something and push the switch all the way down manually and see if it starts spinning.
                      yea, but water doesnt fill either. and it should, even with the lid open.

ghost: whats the purpose of the agitator? if thats broken would it stop water fill and spin?

Comment

it is probably the valve that fills the tank, if you put it to the wash cycle and not the fill cycle does it work? ie can you turn the wheel to spin and will it work?

the agitator is what the motor is hooked up to so the thing goes back and forth to scrub the clothes

ok reread, the motor is shot? does it smell burnt...did you put a big ass load in there?
                        Last edited by crusto2k3; 01-05-2010, 10:58 PM.
                        My Honda

Comment

Originally posted by crusto2k3 View Post
                          it is probably the valve that fills the tank, if you put it to the wash cycle and not the fill cycle does it work? ie can you turn the wheel to spin and will it work?

the agitator is what the motor is hooked up to so the thing goes back and forth to scrub the clothes

ok reread, the motor is shot? does it smell burnt...did you put a big ass load in there?
                          i usually do, but this load wasnt. just the rest of my daughters "lights".

i dont smell anything. but if there was a smell, it could have easily aired out in the garage.

Comment

craigslist.com buddy, might be time for a new used one...
                            My Honda

Comment

Originally posted by crusto2k3 View Post
                              craigslist.com buddy, might be time for a new used one...
                              damn, i know... sucks that this one was new to me... 4 months ago

Comment

Working...
                              X