great idea.......tire walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't take it anymore.
    DON'T PAINT YOUR FUCKING TIRES. The rubber flexes, the paint doesn't, causing cracks and peeling. Take them to a reputable powder coating shop and have them powder coated. It will flex and bend with the rubber and then your sidewalls will always be glossy. You could even go with any color you wanted.

Comment

Can I cover the tred in clear coat so my tires will never wear out? How about some duct tape for better grip?

Comment

Semi-gloss black works best..

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
          I can't take it anymore.
          DON'T PAINT YOUR FUCKING TIRES. The rubber flexes, the paint doesn't, causing cracks and peeling. Take them to a reputable powder coating shop and have them powder coated. It will flex and bend with the rubber and then your sidewalls will always be glossy. You could even go with any color you wanted.
          Yeah, just make sure you get high-temp tires because powdercoat is baked at 400F+
          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I still say polishing is the way to go.

Comment

This will make painting my rims soooo much easier! No need to worry about spraying the tires!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                I still say polishing is the way to go.
                I've heard that petroleum jelly and a cotton buffer pad on a high speed orbital works great.

Comment

He'll need to put some aircraft paint stripper on them first to make sure he's starting with a clean surface.

Comment

this is what u need

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
                      this is what u need
                      That's not permanent enough for A=I.

Comment

strangely enough, i have painted tires. i have used clear coat from a can and i also tried vinyl color.

the tire i used regular clear coat on didn't chip, crack or flake. it lasted until the car was traded in.

the tire that i used the vinyl color on failed bad. it flaked and cracked and started peeling off within the first few miles. later.
                        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

i heard you can get shiny show car tires on ebay for like $13 each.

Comment

itll chip right off my uncle painted is iroc rims black and insted of tapeing the tires up he just painted and cleared them he put them on the truck and about a week later it all peeled off so its not gonna stick for long
                            WHITEONWHITE

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                              Don't forget to bake them when you're done to help the paint cure. Clearcoat and regular waxing also.
                              Send it to this chick.

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli2k View Post
                                Send it to this chick.

LMFAO. Only you Mak.

Comment

Working...
                                X