One more new windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more new windshield

I was just driving around today.. one one of my 8 trips to the auto parts store(getting the other cb7 running and ready to sell), i made a u-turn, and then was driving, and heard a crack.. like i hit a rock at highway speeds. Didnt see a rock or anything, but sure enough, my window decided to crack about 6 inches up from the dash, its about a 12 inch crack. So yeah, one more thing to do. I also gotta get the window track moldings that go in the door, cuz mine are totally gone, and they rattle like nobody;s business. Anyone have an about price for a new windshield installed?

edit:
    anyone know what number those window tracks(rubber linings) are. I was guessing they were the guides.. but the picture aint helpful. anyone done this before?

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ry5=DOOR+GLASS
    Last edited by aero; 12-20-2004, 09:27 PM.

i need the track too
    www.2camcrew.com

Comment

If its the ones that keep the window on track its 11 or 20 depending on side. Beacuse i need to change that on my driver side window because my window keeps going off track. I know how you feel about ur winshield i just replaced mine for $130 yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickid93Accord
        If its the ones that keep the window on track its 11 or 20 depending on side. Beacuse i need to change that on my driver side window because my window keeps going off track. I know how you feel about ur winshield i just replaced mine for $130 yesterday.
        aiight, and thats the rubber piece right? My window doesnt really go off track, but it rattles like hell when the window is down.. and sounds like the door is totally broken when i shut the door w/the window down. Is that what yours did before?

Also, was it 130 out the door for the windshield, or was that your insurance deductable?

Comment

I haven't replaced the rubber piece yet but that is what holds the window in there.

And yea it was $130 installed out-of-pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickid93Accord
            I haven't replaced the rubber piece yet but that is what holds the window in there.

And yea it was $130 installed out-of-pocket.
            better than i woulda guessed. I'll prolly do the run strips first neways crack isnt too bad.

Comment

Working...
            X