No announcement yet.

limp wrist shifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when im driving a manual tranny i drive one hand on the wheel and one on the shifter...but when ima slam gears i tend to only hold the shifter with my thumb, index and middle fingers...an now i got an auto so i juz cruise leaning back like fat joe...lolz...

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
      i want a shifter as tall as the steering wheel.

Almost there, lol.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

unless that thing weighs next to nothing, it's probably doing damage to your transmission. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Well I don't daily with that on, just put it on at meets.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

i bet that person has never done the 3rd to 2nd gear mistake.

you dont have to slam it into gear...something kids these days dont get.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

i drive like that sometimes. i usually just grab the knob instead of holding it up top like someone else posted earlier. i guess it depends on how lazy i am at the time

no
              Accord turbo kit under $2k here
              $30 HID kits here Thread
              "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
              "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

looks like the shifter if pretty far back, so he's kinda all bent up the whole time.

Sometime I wrap my fingers all around and it tends to make my wrist bend...not to that extreme though
                ____

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                  i usually just grab the knob instead of holding it up top ... i guess it depends on how lazy i am at the time
                  sorry...I couldn't help myself
                  ____

Comment

mines close to that style. I have a tall center console. & if Im just cruising I will

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
                      i bet that person has never done the 3rd to 2nd gear mistake.

you dont have to slam it into gear...something kids these days dont get.
                      id rather slam it into gear than let out the clutch at the wrong time. grinding gears is embarassing.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

It's funny, but I've been thinking about this for a few weeks, wondering what different styles are out there.

If I'm cruising:
                        1-2 - Hand wrapped around the shifter side completely (you can see the top in my fist).
                        2-3 - Starts wrapped, but I push the shifter forward with my fingers opening and I use the pads of my hand to kind of flick it into third.
                        3-4 - Hand over the top, but not touching, flick back to fourth with the middle two fingers
                        4-5 - hand open, but cupped, and I palm the top and push it over and up into fifth with my hand ending up on the 7 o'clock position on the side of the knob.

Racing?
                        Hand completely wrapped around the top for every shift.

(I know, I've put way too much thought into how I shift. )

That weird ass praying mantis grasp looks strange though.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                          i drive like that when i have tall drinks on my cupholders. i cant rest my forearm so i have to raise my whole arm to shift.

bb6 cupholders FTL.
                          Yeah, but the alternative would be to put the Big Gulp in your crotch like you have to with the CB7, since the cupholders are useless anyway. Then you have the problem where your nuts freeze off because of the cold, your crotch gets wet because of the cup sweating, and you can't clutch the car without squashing the jewels like a towel wringer at the car wash. So then, when you get out, you are limping like you got kicked in the nads, have wet pants like you can't control your bladder, and keep grabbing yourself to see if your numb nuts are still there.

I would rather shift like a chick for a few.

I also do that when the shift knob is really fucking hot, or really fucking cold, otherwise you could end up with 3rd degree burns on your palms, and people will wonder what you were up to...
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                            Yeah, but the alternative would be to put the Big Gulp in your crotch like you have to with the CB7, since the cupholders are useless anyway. Then you have the problem where your nuts freeze off because of the cold, your crotch gets wet because of the cup sweating, and you can't clutch the car without squashing the jewels like a towel wringer at the car wash. So then, when you get out, you are limping like you got kicked in the nads, have wet pants like you can't control your bladder, and keep grabbing yourself to see if your numb nuts are still there.

I would rather shift like a chick for a few.

I also do that when the shift knob is really fucking hot, or really fucking cold, otherwise you could end up with 3rd degree burns on your palms, and people will wonder what you were up to...
                            just tell them your hand contracted clams.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                              Originally posted by 90ACCORDLXGUY View Post

Almost there, lol.
                              unless that thing weighs next to nothing, it's probably doing damage to your transmission. later.
                              Care to elaborate? I'm seriously confused..How is it doing damage to the transmission?

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
                                just tell them your hand contracted clams.
                                Or you could tell them it is a really bad genital herpes outbreak...
                                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X