What the hell is wrong with kids today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rob_is_legend View Post
    Same. Being from alabama, everyone has guns in their home. Most kids go out to the country with their grandparents or dad and learn how to shoot. It's amazing what Education will do.

learning about driving helps make you a better driver
    staying in school makes you more likely to succeed
    learning gun safety, therefore, should make you more respectful of weapons.
    This sounds like a kid from Birmingham.. Think they "thuggin" never think about the consequences they just think its a game..

Ever shot a 30/30 that thing will BLOW you away lol..

and I was raised from the cradle with gun safety in mind...
    -Will

Comment

Originally posted by rob_is_legend View Post
      Same. Being from alabama, everyone has guns in their home. Most kids go out to the country with their grandparents or dad and learn how to shoot. It's amazing what Education will do.

learning about driving helps make you a better driver
      staying in school makes you more likely to succeed
      learning gun safety, therefore, should make you more respectful of weapons.
      Most firearms accidents happen at home when people dick around. Discipline and responsibility are key.
      My Car
      FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley View Post
        Most firearms accidents happen at home when people dick around. Discipline and responsibility are key.
        Just the same as saying most automobile wrecks happen within 4 miles of home. It doesnt get any safer regardless where you have it. so you are right, discipline, awareness, and responsibility are very important.

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

Shit man, welcome to my neighborhood. That shit happens all the time around here, and I'm not joking. This is what the world is coming too, unfortunately.

Kids these days lack discipline, and the ones who come from broken homes seem to lack both discipline and also good moral lessons.

I live in an area filled with kids like this, and I've had to deal with a few situations like this myself. It is by no means fun, or exciting, it's dangerous. A man with a gun understands the consequences if he decides to use it, however, a kid with a gun knows nothing of the consequences.
          R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Heres question, is it possible to teach the kids how to be responsible handlers of weapons? in this day and age?

Comment

No, I don't think it is, due to all the violence and such on TV these days, and the lack of discipline in homes. I don't think it's possible, unless you start from the very beginning. I am talking a REALLY young age. Even then you can't guarantee they'll learn anything due to the whole "peer pressure" thing these days.

I'd say we are all doomed, and the world will end soon due to mass genocide. But thats just what I think.
              R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
                Heres question, is it possible to teach the kids how to be responsible handlers of weapons? in this day and age?
                Yes, of course, it happens all the time around the world.

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                No, I don't think it is, due to all the violence and such on TV these days, and the lack of discipline in homes. I don't think it's possible, unless you start from the very beginning. I am talking a REALLY young age. Even then you can't guarantee they'll learn anything due to the whole "peer pressure" thing these days.

I'd say we are all doomed, and the world will end soon due to mass genocide. But thats just what I think.
                ... Wat?
                My Car

Comment

You'd be surprised about what doesnt make the news...there is some thing sthat have happened at work that never made the news.

I am pretty sure that this didnt make the news cause for the remaining 1 and half hours I was at work, all I saw was a couple of police cars and a few officers walking around.
                  That seems... off. According to http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0777958.html there have been 58 school shootings, although I don't know if to be counted you have to actually KILL someone to be counted on this list. I would be deeply concerned if nothing happened in this. No news media, no crime scene, evidence, forensics team, I would be scared shit-less. Because if nothing like this happens, then no one care. The shooter will see that no one cares and he'll come back and finish the job he started, because let's face it, kids nowadays are really lacking in common sense and brains.
                  Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Originally posted by GunRunner View Post
                    and some people say carrying a concealed weapon for self-defense is crazy.
                    if the kid was dumb enough to pull a gun and shoot it at that age do u think he would have hesitated to have a gunfight with him. and then the issue of all those children around....

i know this is a touchy subject and mostly i agree with concealed carry, this is not one of those times where having a gun would have helped much....

"Tucking tires and wires."
                    The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                      if the kid was dumb enough to pull a gun and shoot it at that age do u think he would have hesitated to have a gunfight with him. and then the issue of all those children around....

i know this is a touchy subject and mostly i agree with concealed carry, this is not one of those times where having a gun would have helped much....
                      true in every way. pulling out your own gun would have just caused a gun fight and got all the other kids injured some how. now carrying a tazer would be better. one shot no matter where would immobilize the kid and thus put an end to it.

kids can be taught to handle guns properly and not give into peer pressure. look at all the kids that go out hunting with their fathers. none of them have shot up a school or pulled out a gun just to show off. it can be done. just takes a good minded parent.

to the OP: is there any updates on this? was the kid caught? anything happen to his parents?

Comment

yay for a complete lack of parenting. that kid should have been spanked as a kid. not beat or abused, just spanked.

shit like this is why i WILL have an xd-45 pistol on me at (nearly) all times after i turn 23, the legal conceal-carry age in Missouri (god i love living in a red state).

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Wow man at least your ok. There's not enough words to describe todays youth.

I truly agree with Ghetto CB7 growing up thought my generation was truly never like that either.

Mall Rats , Video Games and recreational drug use was all the rage back then.
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post

I disagree. The OP did the right thing and took cover. If the kid had gone after him we'd be reading an obituary. If the kid had gone after the OP and had the OP been armed, his odds of survival would have been much higher.

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                            true in every way. pulling out your own gun would have just caused a gun fight and got all the other kids injured some how. now carrying a tazer would be better. one shot no matter where would immobilize the kid and thus put an end to it.

kids can be taught to handle guns properly and not give into peer pressure. look at all the kids that go out hunting with their fathers. none of them have shot up a school or pulled out a gun just to show off. it can be done. just takes a good minded parent.

to the OP: is there any updates on this? was the kid caught? anything happen to his parents?
                            A taser would be better? You want to shoot a guy who's locked and loaded with high voltage. You know that that causes muscles to spasm, right? What would happen if the guys finger were on the trigger? That's right, he would have fired... who knows where. Tasers serve a purpose but not in a gun fight.

A better option for the OP would be investing in a vest.

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                            yay for a complete lack of parenting. that kid should have been spanked as a kid. not beat or abused, just spanked.

shit like this is why i WILL have an xd-45 pistol on me at (nearly) all times after i turn 23, the legal conceal-carry age in Missouri (god i love living in a red state).
                            SteelbluesleepR, you could have your CCW already:
                            Missouri also recognizes CCW endorsements from other states. If a Missouri resident opts to obtain a Utah or Florida OOS endorsement those states issue at 21 years of age, and Missouri recognizes those endorsements.
                            Utah license is the best to get. I'm going to look into getting one in the future.
                            My Car

Comment

Depends on the kid in my opinion. I can't really say who can and can't since I am younger, but there are some that shouldn't. Some thing oh it'll be ok if I shoot them or I won't get into trouble. Which is wrong. Given the right shot you can kill with a bb gun.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                              "The Turtle"
                              DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

group of African American kids comes up

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Working...
                                X