Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An '86 Camry just pulled into the shop at work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An '86 Camry just pulled into the shop at work...

1986 Toyota Camry. Japanese VIN. 71,xxx miles. 5spd. 13inch wheels. Body is 99% mint.

This thing is CHERRY! Backseat is huge too. Almost looks bigger than the Accord's. Its a used car and is now up for sale. If its cheap enough, i mnay pick it up for a DD. Itd be a great way to learn stick and it gets 30+MPG.

Yes.

Ill try to get pics later.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

if only it was a cressida lol

Comment

Learn stick? Jeez your way behind the curve
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I loves the shit outta mine. 1986 Camry Hatchback. I swapped in the digital dash though.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
        dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

Very... odd looking

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

dude i love those things. i want one

Comment

The first time I saw a Camry hatchback, I had to go around the block to check it out again! Those things are rad! (Maxima hatchbacks are cool too)

I always wondered what they looked like when they were new.

Comment

They're a really practical and comfortable car... Feels kinda like a Toyota version of a 1980's Buick or somthing.

The space inside is AWESOME. The trim and materials are REALLY nice since they are from a time when Toyota gave a shit about such things.

Seats are VERY unsuportive for cornering, but then again, the car came with 175/80R13 tires, so handling was not on the "to do" list for that car.

FUCK... I miss mine now Should have NEVER got rid of it !

dustin, you are a dick!

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                  Learn stick? Jeez your way behind the curve
                  I know how to, i just havent had alot of experience doing so.

Sorry theyre not the best or better, my boss was giving everyone shit about cell phones today, so...

The HG was leaking pretty good amounts of coolant, so...

But this thing was immaculate! No rust, no dents. Had a few small scratches on the hood and a couple on the roof, otherwise its perfect, inside and out. Backseat was huge, trunk was huge. Factory AM/FM Cassette. It was nice.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Mike, get your (soon to be) wife to buy it for you as a wedding present. lol

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

With a leaky HG? Nah. She's broke and i have to do a few things to the CB and i have a feeling its going to give me trouble this winter anyway, so...

If they only sell it for like 500 or 800, ill think about it.

Comment

What engine is in it? I bet you could swap it out for the Celica GT Four motor

Comment

The engine is a 2S-E ... and yeah Deev... 3SGTE is a bolt in affair.. literally.

I had a 5SFE (1991 Celica GT-S donor) bolted into mine and I didnt have to change a thing.. none of this "cut off and reweld the mount" HOnda bullshit, unbolt engine from 1983, bolt in engine from 1991.

Any of the S series engine are basically a direct fir. a 5SFE is easy to find and easily boostable.

dustin, you are a dick!

Comment

What're the numbers of the 2SE compared to the 5SFE?

Comment

Sweet!

The rewelding the mount crap for the CB7 is only when going from auto to manual, BTW. The most modification you have to do for any bolt-in swap in a CB (sticking with the original transmission configuration) is to tap one new hole.

Comment

Working...
                              X