X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

want to start over

So my cb has a lot of problems.
    mostly just minor problems but there are lot of those minor problems

but my main problem is that the frame is slightly bent(from an accident), which throws of the alignment of the doors and tires. i dont have a frame bender or the money to get it fixed. there is cancer on my rear quarter panel which has created a hole in my trunk and now i get moisture in the car. which SUCKS.

so what im saying is that id like to get a new cb. one with fewer problems(cause i know the odds of me finding a cb with no problems is few and far between) and start my build over.

is that so unreasonable?

no it is not. i have pondered this thought of doing the same thing and just using my cb now as a winter car
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

yefa. thats what i was thinking

Comment

put some of your crack on the dents, dings, rust, and frame and it'll fix it right up...lol

no
        Accord turbo kit under $2k here
        $30 HID kits here Thread
        "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
        "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

im out of crack

Comment

then save up 4 grand and buy an almost perfect cb. but honestly for that much you can get any other car

no
            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
            $30 HID kits here Thread
            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

no, it isn't unreasonable at all. i'm doing the same thing.

these cars are a dime a dozen. check craigslist periodically until you find one that you like. then, jump on it.

it isn't as easy as it was, say, two to five years ago to find what you want. but they come and go.
              My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

If i dont end up buying this CB in virginia myself ill hook you up with the guy. You might want it.

Comment

i know ur up in nothern from me. theres tons of cb7s for sale down here in roanoke, va lmk if u decide to get a new one i can help u find one.

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

if you dont have the tools find someone why buy another car just save up the money and get it fixed? hondas is a never ending maintenance game when it comes to performance. And its an older car its gonna happen.

Comment

Older cars are a neverending maintenance game. Hondas are among the better old cars as far as that goes.

GenDBlade, it really does sound like you have quite a few major problems. A tweaked frame and enough rust to eat through your trunk... to fix those things properly, I've known friends to spend thousands. I'm a fan of keeping up with YOUR car, not just any CB7 (mine is also tweaked, and it has some other issues...) However, in your case, it might be best to move on. Be aware that even though a CB7 looks similar, it will still feel like a different car than the one you are used to. My old 92 DX coupe felt familiar, but not as much like "home" as my 92 LX sedan.

Comment

Working...
                      X