my dyno was a little low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my dyno was a little low

i dynoed 130hp on the hub dyno. i guess it is okay for a stock rebuild minus the performance valve job and milled .020

apparently my torque figures were off the charts but im not going to say anything until i get the dyno graph.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
    i dynoed 130hp on the hub dyno. i guess it is okay for a stock rebuild minus the performance valve job and milled .020

apparently my torque figures were off the charts but im not going to say anything until i get the dyno graph.
    Well when you get the graph up most people will be surprised.
    I wonder why your torque was what it was

Comment

Originally posted by BB6-SH View Post
      Well when you get the graph up most people will be surprised.
      I wonder why your torque was what it was
      you know how they have to set the final drive on the dyno? they had it kinda wierd. the tach showed 7k but the computer stopped it at 5200. gonna see if danyo can hook it up at a roller dyno so i can compare figures.
      I <3 G60.

Comment

you know how they have to set the final drive on the dyno? they had it kinda wierd. the tach showed 7k but the computer stopped it at 5200. gonna see if danyo can hook it up at a roller dyno so i can compare figures.
        that's weird, i think when I dyno'd my F-series they didn't set it right and almost did the same thing but of course the numbers weren't that high. I wish i could have been there to hear it lol

Comment

well, it's about as loud as your's aint it? everyone around me was plugging thier ears and im just standing next to the car smiling. danyo came so late that he walked in as my last run was finishing. he heard that shit from the street hahaha
          I <3 G60.

Comment

well, it's about as loud as your's aint it? everyone around me was plugging thier ears and im just standing next to the car smiling. danyo came so late that he walked in as my last run was finishing. he heard that shit from the street hahaha
            Yeah should be close or identically. I did the same thing when they dyno'd my car at the dyno day lol Freak'n Danyo is always late lol

Comment

The stock HP numbers arent to the wheels they are to the crank.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                The stock HP numbers arent to the wheels they are to the crank.
                Who's said anything about stock numbers. If you read he's talking about he hit 130whp or in this case from the Hubs because they use a dynapack.

Comment

130whp. Not bad for a rebuild
                  NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                  DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

is this a f22a1, 4, or 6?

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

A1 block with A6 cam, A6 intake manifold, bored TB and the windage tray.

i got the crazy ass header that f22hb built but i know for sure an unequal length header isnt really supposed to help NA, it sounds badass though.

As for the hp numbers, i had high expectations but i want to compare that 130 to a mustang dyno. Im pretty sure i should be around 145-150 and this is on stock timing, 87 octane and a PT3.
                      Last edited by wed3k; 11-15-2009, 10:24 PM.
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

man I wanna dyno mine one day

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Im throwing down 130hp on an auto with delta 272 cam, i/h/e, and my lead foot. People are telling me I have a FREAK under the hood. And I was dynoed on the hub and was told that the guys dyno reads a bit low. I dont even have my hybrid intake manifold setup going yet or my exhaust cutout installed. I hope I am going to see 150 on the hub dyno after my upgrades and I am going to find a shop to attend dyno night at and see what I am putting down on a roller. I wanna see 225 on nitrous.....still auto.

Comment

A1 block with A6 cam, A6 intake manifold, bored TB and the windage tray.

i got the crazy ass header that f22hb built but i know for sure an unequal length header isnt really supposed to help NA, it sounds badass though.

As for the hp numbers, i had high expectations but i want to compare that 130 to a mustang dyno. Im pretty sure i should be around 145-150 and this is on stock timing, 87 octane and a PT3.
                            If you have stock compression with the a6 cam then I don't understand why these numbers are so disappointing.....130whp is about as high as anyone has gotten with stock internals as far as I know.

Won't the unequal length header cause a power loss since the pulses aren't hitting the collector in sequence?
                            My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                              If you have stock compression with the a6 cam then I don't understand why these numbers are so disappointing.....130whp is about as high as anyone has gotten with stock internals as far as I know.

Won't the unequal length header cause a power loss since the pulses aren't hitting the collector in sequence?
                              yes and no. the longer primaries will help all the cylinders but you're correct about the length. it mainly for show and sound.

I didnt record the dyno since my batteries died in the camera but people thought i had some beast of an engine and everyone's responses as they walked away..."oh, it's a single cam..."

but i aint lying about the internal mods, stock dished pistons, stock rods, crank just that i milled the head and did a performance valve job. Im still only around 9.0:1 compression but 87 octane doesnt make me ping at all.
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X