• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between these two Cpu's.

Intel Celeron M
    743(1.30GHz)

Intel Celeron
    SU2300(1.2GHz)

Im not familiar with celeron processors and trying to decode them is fucking stupid. They deff dont make it easy to distinguish between processors.

Is the Celeron M faster? Im thinking the Su2300 is dual core so then would that be the faster one?

HELPS!

TIA!

The su2300 will destroy the 743. That 743 is a few years old while the su2300 is current. Ghz is useless unless you are comparing the same series of processers together. you cant use it as a refrence when comparing old to new because newer cpu's are more efficent.

Comment

The 743 isn't "old" but rather a single core CPU designed for low power consumption. The SU2300 is a dual core unit that will be vastly faster than the 743.

Go with the '2300

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket View Post
        The 743 isn't "old" but rather a single core CPU designed for low power consumption. The SU2300 is a dual core unit that will be vastly faster than the 743.

Go with the '2300
        I was thinking it was based off of the pentium M 700 series. Regardless the su2300 is still better.

Comment

Celerons in general are slower processors. However yeah, the Dual core will always out perform a single core.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
          I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Celeron is definitely Intel's budget line.

But yeah... dual core is the way to go.

Comment

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=37135

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=42779

The main difference is that the SU2300 has 2 cores, and supports Intel Virtulaization Technology, Speedstep, Thermal Monitor 2, and provides 64 bit capabilities.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Im picking up an Acer with Windows 7 and there are two different versions.

So i guess i was right, the 2300 is dual core and better.

Well the single core comes with a 250G hdd so i was hoping that was the better one because the dual core only has a 160g hdd but theyre are fairly simply to swap so no biggie.

Comment

Just my opinion but when it comes to laptops, I think a smaller hard drive isn't that important. That's what external drives are for. Being mobile and the components smaller, they're more prone to hardware and software issues. Not having to backup so much makes the rebuilds easier to swallow.

Comment

Ya its just that the external storage unit i have i will not be toting with me everywhere. I guess i could invest in a smaller version but it isnt a big deal.

160 should be enough, im going to throw some movies on there and some music and emulators and ill be golden.

Comment

the su proc is one of those new fangled CULV processors that uses very, very little power to run
                      Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                      D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                      ┴─┴
                      ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Working...
                      X