Cars that should've been contenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cars that should've been contenders

I got the idea from another forum. There are some cars that had all the right ideas on paper, got lots of great press, that people truly loved, but nevertheless went over like Ken at an NAACP convention. Post some cars you thought that should've been contenders.

1998 to 2000 Ford SVT Contour

Pro: A European car for Americans. Fast. Fun. High compression V-6. Great handling.

Con: Fat Americans can't fit inside. Uglier than WaterWheel's asshole.

same reason the sho didn't make...ugly as hell
    ____

Comment

i had seen one of these at a dealership awhile back. had perforated laether seats in the front and back, had lip kit all around. i was very surprised.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

bonneville ssei

pros: big supercharged v6

cons: heavy, doesnt handle

Comment

it's like putting a pussy from a 20 year old on a 75 year old woman...sure it'll blow your dick out of the water...but your fucking gramma
          ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
            it's like putting a pussy from a 20 year old on a 75 year old woman...sure it'll blow your dick out of the water...but your fucking gramma
            whatever works for ya.

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Lmao, did you pull the idea from here ?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473648

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
              -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
                Lmao, did you pull the idea from here ?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473648
                haha, Copied straight from that link

Comment

Still a good thread, lack of originally aside!

I won't read that one though, because I'm sure most of the cars worth discussing have already been mentioned there.

Anyway, my contribution is:

Saturn Sky

Pros: Looked great, Redline trim came with respectable power, Redline not outrageously priced (between 29k and 33k).

Cons: Unfortunately badged as a Saturn, 500lbs heavier than a Miata, sloppy "American market" suspension tuning, base price started around 27k... so the cheap, underpowered models weren't really so cheap! Related to the grave-bound Solstice.

Comment

suzuki swift GTi:

pros: street legal go-cart.

cons: it's still a suzuki.
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

I liked the styling of the Tiberon. it's a damn shame that it's dis-conitinued i think.,

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                        well for an "off topic" inside of an off topic... what would you rather get down with, if you HAD to choose one.

a grandma with a tight teen tang OR a twentier with an old crusty bag???

Comment

Lincoln LS

Pros: Very Clean and Very Classy, V6 and V8, all kinds of factory interior options. Cheaper then a 5-series.

Cons: It was given that Typical Ford interior design. .. aka.. crap. .. and Ford craftsmanship is pretty lousy. Reported to have transmission and electrical problems. .. in all generation's
                          -:¦:-
                          Originally posted by wed3k
                          i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                            [IMG]I liked the styling of the Tiberon. it's a damn shame that it's dis-conitinued i think.,
                            they made it RWD, gave it a turbocharged 4cyl or n/a v6, badass brakes, a great looking body and interior, and called it the genesis coupe.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I am surprise the prelude hasn't been mentioned yet....and sadly the car was discontinued....
                              The CB7 Collector.
                              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                              92 LX Coupe F22A1
                              2013 Toyota Corolla S
                              92 EX Sedan F22A1
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
                              X