turbo h22 on stock internals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo h22 on stock internals

So im debating on going turbo with my h22. my buddy from nasty garage pomona Ca, told me a stock h22 can take up to 10lbs of boost. now i dont know to much on the turbo side of things but would like to know from others and there expirences with turbo h22's. hows the reliability do you like it hate it. eventually when the funds permit ill buy another block and build it but for now im just thinking of having this done.
    My 92 accord

now. i could be wrong cause i been outta the honda scene for a little while but i think a good reliable boost on that with stock internals would only be around 6-7 psi. anything more would be pushing it with the stock internals. someone please correct me if im wrong.

98 Sunfire GT current DD

Comment

There is a forum for this http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Comment

it wont last for long

Comment

There are different sections to this website for a reason... you don't have to dump everything in Off Topic.

How long it lasts depends largely on the components used, the overall health of the engine, and most importantly, the quality of the tune. How you drive it afterward makes a difference as well.

mozzandherb has a boosted stock block H22 that has been going strong for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
            Good reads in here.

Eulogy, I too have a h22a and I really want to boost it. But as many have mentioned if your going to do this you have to do it right. Your looking at between $5000 - $10,000. You will have to do the usual items, sleeve the block, rods, pistons, head studs, ECU chipping, etc, etc. You could go on stock internals but this is obviously a bad idea for many reasons. I'd start reading and keep reading as much as possible before you take on this project. Its going to take lots of time, money, and patience!

Cheers

recommended read - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=15498

Comment

$10,000 is EASY to spend to do it right! A few years ago, I was discussing a turbo H22 setup with Accord SiR (probably one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful turbo H22s on this site). I did my best to cut costs in my plan, and he would shoot down every shortcut. In the end, I had a hard time staying under the $10,000 mark.

Now, that was probably in 2005... so things may be cheaper. But still, to do it right is going to be quite expensive. To do it wrong is going to be a headache. I wouldn't boost a stock-block H22, honestly.

If you're going to boost a stock block, I'd go with a healthy F22A. Lower compression, so tuning is more forgiving, and they're cheap and easy to replace if you blow it up. The F22A offers a ton of performance potential as well... so the H22A doesn't really have anything more to offer... other than looking cool.

Comment

Working...
              X