Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best cars of the decade......your submissions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
    E39 BMW M5 and E38 BMW 740i Sport Package. Two of the best damn bimmers ever made and most bimmer lovers and car enthusiats will always respect these cars IMO.
    I like my E39.

However, hello ZR1 Corvette.

Also...the Jaguar XJR.

And...the 740i sport.

Comment

Would definately spice the thread up if you guys added pics.

These cars will definately leave a MARK.
      S2000: This car made the most horsepower per liter in the world as far as production car engines go if Im not mistaken. Great platform for tuners and just a great lightweight, well balanced RWD car that the industry needed and Honda provided.

Cars with the INLINE 6's Turbo motors from japan Skyline and Supra. These engines can take a rediculous amount of boost and power without blowing. I still dont know why these engines went out of production. They took the horsepower game to a new level for 6 cylinder engines, were supercars of japan and well known for advances in technology, especially the skyline with the traction capability it had.

The Integra Type R: Ok this is a picture of a JDM 95 but it still was produced in 2000. Thsi was probably the fastest FWD car to hit the track. also made 200hp from a 1.8 liter. No other company had a front wheel drive that can fuck with this.

Some other are NSX because of everything it had to offer froma high revving v6 to its futuristic italian supercar styling from japan and this started in 1989 or it is 90. I think the Infinit G35 was also a big hit in the 2000's. Offered everything from power to luxury to styling and could also compete on the track, with the sport version. Lots more but im tired, chill
      FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
      Pm meX
      I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
      H22A Swap
      I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Yeah, they're going to need to push over that hump... which is why I think their marketing of the Genesis was genius. It's not as great as they say it is... but it IS impressive, and IMO well worth the price. It's not at "status" price yet, because there's little "status" to be had in a Hyundai.

I seriously think Hyundai is trying to do something new... Rather than do what Toyota, Honda, and Nissan did with Lexus, Acura, and Infiniti, I think Hyundai is trying to make Kia the "normal" brand, and push the Hyundai marque up to "premium" status. The Genesis V8 is their LS400.

They make good cars. They have the potential to make GREAT cars in the next generation... but they have to convince the market that their GREAT cars are worth a GREAT car price. Unless Hyundai figures out a way to make BMW quality cars at Hyundai prices, they're going to have to convince their market that Hyundais are every bit as good as BMW.
        Actually, they really aren't that cheap anymore. That is part of the marketing thing. If you price comparable car to comparable car, they usually give you less than about $1500 savings. To me, when you factor in the areas they are still trailing, it doesn't justify the marginal savings these days. However, if absolute build quality isn't your thing, then it is fine. So it just depends on how the consumer prioritizes things. In many cases, people buy them because they assume they are cheaper, and that is no longer the case. A good case in point was a Genesis V6 4 door sitting in the showroom when I drove the coupes. It was priced at just under $40K or just about $2,000 MORE than a comparable TL.

The price on the coupes was more than reasonable, but they had none of the packages an enthusiast would want either. Frankly, the 4 banger was COMPLETELY inferior to the Si, and the V6 was pretty fucking awesome, but it would have needed sport suspension etc to be a true competitive enthusiast's car. The problem with that is that by the time those are added it is in Mustang GT and 370Z territory, both of which are significantly faster, and better built.

Because of Hyundai's history, it would make a lot more sense for them to just establish a new nameplate. They had said years ago that they wanted to move Hyundai up to be the equivalent of Acura/Lexus/insert luxury brand here, but the truth is that the American public probably won't buy it, especially not when they are still selling econoboxes and everyman cars. Also, if you notice and read between the lines, most of the purchases are justified because of the "value" or the "discount" or the "cheap price." I have an aunt and uncle that buy Hyundai religiously, but the main reason they switched from Honda was because of the price.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

The S2000 no longer holds the record for most NA HP per liter. That title goes to the 458 Italia which beats it at 126 HP/liter. BUT...it needs shit tons of extra technology to do it, and it is WAAAAAY more expensive (about 10x), and it probably won't be near as durable or reliable.
          Last edited by owequitit; 11-06-2009, 09:01 PM.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

astion martin dbs

veyron grand sport

spec v

honda clarity

telsa model s

fiat 500 abarth

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4 View Post
              Would definately spice the thread up if you guys added pics.

These cars will definately leave a MARK.
              S2000: This car made the most horsepower per liter in the world as far as production car engines go if Im not mistaken. Great platform for tuners and just a great lightweight, well balanced RWD car that the industry needed and Honda provided.

Cars with the INLINE 6's Turbo motors from japan Skyline and Supra. These engines can take a rediculous amount of boost and power without blowing. I still dont know why these engines went out of production. They took the horsepower game to a new level for 6 cylinder engines, were supercars of japan and well known for advances in technology, especially the skyline with the traction capability it had.

The Integra Type R: Ok this is a picture of a JDM 95 but it still was produced in 2000. Thsi was probably the fastest FWD car to hit the track. also made 200hp from a 1.8 liter. No other company had a front wheel drive that can fuck with this.

Some other are NSX because of everything it had to offer froma high revving v6 to its futuristic italian supercar styling from japan and this started in 1989 or it is 90. I think the Infinit G35 was also a big hit in the 2000's. Offered everything from power to luxury to styling and could also compete on the track, with the sport version. Lots more but im tired, chill
              Actually, your pictures made this entire page difficult to read... And all the cars you listed were not from this decade, save for perhaps the S2000.

Comment

forgot one....very important car

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                  forgot one....very important car
                  Yes, very true!

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                    Its sad they haven't been selling well here. One dealership I go to just wants there's gone... They have had it forever, no one serious wants it, and they have to bring it inside to recon everyday... Cars wide though lol
                    Which dealership is this? Color? 09, right?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

lfa

Comment

HOW could I forget....

CTS-V... Because there's nothing like having 550 BHP in a 4 door sedan...

0-60 = 3.9 seconds
                        550 BHP
                        550 Ft/lb torque @ 4,000 RPM!
                        Supercharged V8
                        Fastest American Sedan ever built, one of the fastest production sedans in the world.

You can carry 4 passengers and WAX most anything on the road. My brother has one. STUPID RETARDED fast.

Comment

Evo 6 T.M.E it was made in 2000 so it counts.

Comment

Working...
                          X