Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best cars of the decade......your submissions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best cars of the decade......your submissions.

With this decade coming to a close...Each decade brings with it new automotive styling.

In the future, what cars do you think will be spotlighted from 2000 to 2010?

It can be anything from the most (bad ass) to the most influential (game changer).

In the future, what cars will people remember and refer to from this decade? And why?

Here are the one's I've listed...any others?

Last edited by coletrain; 11-06-2009, 02:08 AM.

E39 BMW M5 and E38 BMW 740i Sport Package. Two of the best damn bimmers ever made and most bimmer lovers and car enthusiats will always respect these cars IMO.
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Honda Ridgeline. Honda's first truck in the U.S.

Originally posted by deevergote
      "rice" is opinion. Personally, I don't care what other people have on their cars, and I put what I like on my own. I wouldn't put what I consider "rice" on my own car, but I don't particularly care what others think of it.

Comment

Idk, its hard to say. Alot of stuff has came out in the past 10 years. Didnt Mclaren come out with a really bad ass car? Bugatti?

Comment

Honda Fit. I love mine so much, I nearly wrote a letter to Honda thanking them for making such a fantastic little car.

The S2000, even though it came out in the spring of 99... Still a very impressive vehicle. 240hp from a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder is amazing.

The Nissan GTR, of course. It took Nissan's monster into supercar territory.

The Audi R8. Amazingly overlooked for what it is. Yes, it's basically a rebagded Lambo... but it's also in supercar territory for Audi.

The Hyundai Genesis duo. Yeah, they may not be Korean BMWs yet, but it's a HUGE leap forward for Hyundai. Compared to where they were 15 years ago, it's not even the same company!

The Toyota Prius. Although it was sold in Japan in 1997, it didn't hit the US shores (and make such a big impact on the market) until 2001. The Prius can probably take most of the credit for bringing hybrid cars into the mainstream. Even the Insight wasn't really a mainstream car...

The Porsche Panamera. The first sedan ever made by Porsche. I saw one on the road for the first time yesterday. It's... interesting.

The Porsche Cayenne. The first SUV made by Porsche. Should we be worried? In one decade, Porsche went from a dedicated sports car company, to soccer moms and old-lady barges.

The Corvette ZR-1. Because 625hp from a Chevy, from the factory, is just awesome. Yeah, it's over $100k... but still.

The Smart cars... because they're so freakin cute.

The Tata Nano, because it's so damn cheap.

I'll stop. I could probably keep going...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Honda Fit. I love mine so much, I nearly wrote a letter to Honda thanking them for making such a fantastic little car.

The S2000, even though it came out in the spring of 99... Still a very impressive vehicle. 240hp from a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder is amazing.

The Nissan GTR, of course. It took Nissan's monster into supercar territory.

The Audi R8. Amazingly overlooked for what it is. Yes, it's basically a rebagded Lambo... but it's also in supercar territory for Audi.

The Hyundai Genesis duo. Yeah, they may not be Korean BMWs yet, but it's a HUGE leap forward for Hyundai. Compared to where they were 15 years ago, it's not even the same company!

The Toyota Prius. Although it was sold in Japan in 1997, it didn't hit the US shores (and make such a big impact on the market) until 2001. The Prius can probably take most of the credit for bringing hybrid cars into the mainstream. Even the Insight wasn't really a mainstream car...

The Porsche Panamera. The first sedan ever made by Porsche. I saw one on the road for the first time yesterday. It's... interesting.

The Porsche Cayenne. The first SUV made by Porsche. Should we be worried? In one decade, Porsche went from a dedicated sports car company, to soccer moms and old-lady barges.

The Corvette ZR-1. Because 625hp from a Chevy, from the factory, is just awesome. Yeah, it's over $100k... but still.

The Smart cars... because they're so freakin cute.

The Tata Nano, because it's so damn cheap.

I'll stop. I could probably keep going...
            You forgot the Mustang Supersnake. Because why have 625 hp from a vette when you could have 725 from a 'stang!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
            Bought from: ChampCoupe
            Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

The SuperSnake isn't a Ford factory car, though. It's a Shelby modification. I actually didn't even know about it!

Of course, 725hp for... from the bit of research I just did, under $90,000... is pretty amazing. Of course, that power voids the factory powertrain warranty.

Comment

The Bugatti Veyron. For well. The most immensely complex and insane car that money could buy (don't forget most expensive).

Nissan for:

The GTR: Faster than porsche 911 turbo around the Nuremberg ring at half the price. Its such a technological advancement, it will change the way the average consumer views "supercars" for years to come.

The 350(and 370) Z cars. Bringing back the name plate as it used to be, affordable performance. The z32 fell off because the price tag ended up well over 40K. They brought it back, maintaining great performance, and a great price. The z33 is GREAT bang for your buck.

The Scion xB for bringing that STUPID box shaped craze about. (ala cube and soul)

The Aston Martin DBS; proof that Aston can make an incredible car (worth the money) after so long.

The Ariel Atom: For being so goddamn cool

Kia Sorento: An affordable, attractive SUV that even Mercedes couldnt stand to not copy! (YES THEY DID!)
                Last edited by lil_dcb7; 11-05-2009, 11:11 PM.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

1992 accord mutha fuckas!
                  wat?

Comment

Uh......ok.

The new Camaro's.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

2000+ wrx

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced View Post
                        2000+ wrx
                        04+ USDM Subaru WRX STi ... amazing car. as well as the EVO MR's

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                          Uh......ok.

The new Camaro's.
                          The new Camaro's what?

Comment

Originally posted by StoobyMcDooby View Post
                            04+ USDM Subaru WRX STi ... amazing car. as well as the EVO MR's
                            I'm Trying to save money for an 05' sti

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                            -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

wrx

evo mr

s2000

gtr

ariel atom

bmw z4

mazda rx8

Comment